It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Republicans Save 12K US Flags Dems [POTENTIAL HOAX]

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by jamie83
To everybody using this story as an excuse to label Dems as bad, please consider this:

1. We don't know the details of what happened.
2. Even if it was planned by Dems, it doesn't mean ALL Dems planned it.
3. Even if the Dems that planned it didn't consider the consequences, it doesn't mean they hate America.

As John McCain said, we are all Americans first, and we have more in common than not.

By using this story to condemn "Dems" overall, you are doing a disservice to millions of Dems who also would be upset by throwing the flags away.

Remember, right now in Iraq and Afghanistan, Dems and Republicans are fighting side by side, shedding blood and tears for all of us.

DAMN STRAIGHT. Well put. Dems a repubs fight side by side shedding blood. Remember that, we all love our country. but IF, and IF, this story is true, whoever was in charge should be in trouble.

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Fox News now has an article up referencing this story:

Article

84 trash bags full, apparently. Yikes.

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by vor78
Fox News now has an article up referencing this story:

Article

84 trash bags full, apparently. Yikes.

I love how the last line of the article says ...

The United States Flag Store, which sells full-sized and miniature flags, says on its Web site that flags can also be put in the trash, when they are “worn, damaged or tattered beyond repair.”

Basically covering both sides so the article cant be wrong. But the damage against obama is done, true or not. right or wrong.

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by bknapple32

That may well be, but on the other hand, the ones being distibuted appeared to me to be mostly new and unissued (I've seen a few pics indicating that supporters trashed a few that were issued, but that's going to happen; there are idiots in every crowd). I suspect that they were unneeded extras that the DNC just left at Invesco following the convention.

That to me doesn't indicate anything sinister, just stupidity on the part of the DNC. They could have found a purpose for them besides just leaving them for the Invesco staff to deal with. I believe they just didn't think through what they were doing.

[edit on 6-9-2008 by vor78]

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by vor78

Again, there has yet to be a response from the Dems, I would wait to hear their side of the story.

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by bknapple32

Can we wait till the dems say something about this before condemning them? This is all based off the word of a random invesco worker.

Clearly you don't know me at all or read/pay attention to my posts.

There have been many times where I have stood up for the democrats AND Obama on threads that I thought were unfairly judgemental. When I see threads or discussions, on either side, that I don't think are accurate or fair, I mention it.

And the fact that I was the one that posted that Fox WAS NOT able to verify that the flags came from the DNC should show you that I am interested in getting to the bottom of it, NOT that I want to blame the dems no matter what.

The GRRRRR was an expression of my frustration that we have to WAIT to find out what is fact and what is speculation.

Jemison

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by jamie83
To everybody using this story as an excuse to label Dems as bad, please consider this:

1. We don't know the details of what happened.
2. Even if it was planned by Dems, it doesn't mean ALL Dems planned it.
3. Even if the Dems that planned it didn't consider the consequences, it doesn't mean they hate America.

As John McCain said, we are all Americans first, and we have more in common than not.

By using this story to condemn "Dems" overall, you are doing a disservice to millions of Dems who also would be upset by throwing the flags away.

Remember, right now in Iraq and Afghanistan, Dems and Republicans are fighting side by side, shedding blood and tears for all of us.

For future reference Jamie, when I say dems I mean the far left loons that truly do hate this country and everything it stands for. I too know allot of democrats that are appalled by disrespect for our flag so you are right by saying that we should not blast all democrats for this. Those people are not the target of my remarks. But that fact still remains that the power heads of the democrat party are all far left and the party itself is,therefore, far left. If it really does turn out that these flags are DNC left overs, it further solidifies the fact that the democrat party in general really really does not respect the country. Showing respect for the flag and what it stands for is really a no brainer and all Americans, democrat or republican, who truly love this country should be sickened by this.

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Whoever was responsible for trashing them, obviously saw the United States flag as a just another stage prop, that could be discarded when the fanfare was over.

I constantly see people flying flags in front of their homes that are worn, tattered, stained, and unfit for display. It's a hollow display of patriotism if you ask me. If they really respected what it stood for, they'd take appropriate care of it, and dispose of it accordingly when it became worn.

[edit on 6-9-2008 by LLoyd45]

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by LLoyd45

Sometimes a flag has snetimental value, such as my 13 stars flag that my family flew during the Bicentennial in 1776 in Virginia. It is soiled and a bit worn but I break it out every 4th of July to remind me of my pride in my country that connects with the history and the values expressed in the Declaration of Independence that is the reason for July 4th in the first place. When the time comes I will burn it in my back yard with appropriate ceremony.

[edit on 9/6/08 by stikkinikki]

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Nothing but a bald-faced lie and sensationalism by the Republicans at it's very best. These flags would have long ago gone to the dump, say like....two weeks ago. This story just surfaces today? I smell a steaming kettle of bullpoo.

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 6/9/2008 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by LLoyd45

Yes. That's Clearly their exact mode of thinking. Some sap getting paid 7 bucks an hour to clean up Invesco, and his biggest concern is sticking it to us taxpayers by tossing a pile of flags. Here's a news flash: He doesn't give a flying *SNIP*about the flags because nobody pays him to.

This whole story is a fabrication intended to get this kind of reaction out of liberals so we look bad. It's sad that people can learn the Republican way of doing politics in just 1 day at grade 4 classroom.

It's always 'they're not a patriot' with you Repubs, it makes me sick. Not everything is a test to see whether or not someone loves America. Grow up.

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 6/9/2008 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 02:57 PM
link   
IF this is true,
IF Faux News is reporting the full story,
IF it was known about and sanctioned by the DNC,

Then I would have to say it supports what I have believed about the DNC all along: they have no respect for tradition or symbolism, and thusly no respect for those who feel strongly about something not personally important to themselves.

That's not a blanket condemnation of all Democrats. It's a blanket condemnation of the DNC. There is a huge difference. The DNC are those politicians who control the party; a Democrat is someone who tends to side with the Democratic Platform.

That's also not to say that the RNC is much better. Perhaps they do have a bit more reverence for the flag, but I'm also sure there are plenty of politicians who see this as simply a good tactic to garner support. And again, I do not include Republicans (people who tend to side with the Republican Platform) with the RNC (the politicians in charge of the party).

I will say this: the fact that it happened (see first three lines) is an indication that someone around that area does not have respect for the American Flag. While they have every right under our Constitution to desecrate the flag, I have every right under the same document to point out that they are hypocrites, using freedom to decry that same freedom. Come to think of it, I just did.

I suggest we all watch this story break, listen to the statements from all sides, and then decide individually who we believe based on the evidence. And then, come Election Day, we should remember who is guilty of such a desecration and hypocritical act before we pull that lever.

TheRedneck

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 03:05 PM
link   
This is a silly thread, especially the title. You would think all the democrats got together and said, "what shall we do with these unused flags?" And then they all voted to trash them!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry, but this was probably the decision of a single individual, as any logical person would have already figured out. Maybe even someone who wasn't a democrat.

And then the republicans came to the rescue!! The shining armour of of these noble knights glistening in the sunlight!!

Classic!!

I love ATS! It makes me smile and laugh. There's a very wide range of personalities and opinions here. I find everybody interesting.

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by TheRedneck

It's not just Fox News Redneck.

Here is an article from the Denver Post

By the way, to all the libs here trashing this story....this is payback for all the lies and hateful trivial crap being said on this board about Sara Palin. Not much of that garbage, if any of it, is true to the slightest degree but people keep pushing it. How does it fee now, libs?

[edit on 6-9-2008 by LiquidMirage]

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Well, a spokesman from the DNC admits these are from the convention, and says McCain supports wrongfully took them.

Damon Jones, spokesman for the Democratic National Convention Committee, released a statement saying McCain should applaud the fact that thousands of American flags were “proudly waved” at their convention.

“But instead his supporters wrongfully took leftover bundles of our flags from the stadium to play out a cheap political stunt calling into question our patriotism,” he said.

Source

Wonder how long the DNC were planning on storing these garbage bags of flags "in and near garbage bins" at Invesco Field?

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Loki
reply to post by LLoyd45

This whole story is a fabrication intended to get this kind of reaction out of liberals so we look bad. It's sad that people can learn the Republican way of doing politics in just 1 day at grade 4 classroom.

I would like to know what would lead you to believe that this story was fabricated. I haven't found any evidence of that, and I'm interested to know if you have some sort of inside source suggesting that this story has been created out of thin air? Wouldn't that be a fairly risky move for a campaign, and wouldn't it suggest the outlets reporting the story are in cahoots with the campaign?

I just really don't see it. You guys make me laugh; every time something bad happens you blame it on the big bad Republicans. When your protesters start throwing rocks, and stockpiling weapons like slingshots, or even become violent in the crowd, you (I could provide quotes from this very forum) blame the "police state" for planting "provocateurs". You're so blinded by hate that you'll blame the actions of some of your own on the government and the Republican party.

[edit on 6-9-2008 by ppskylight]

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 04:12 PM
link   
I thought that it was against the law to dump the American flag in the garbage. That it was the duty of the American Legion to do that. There are bins for that in every big supermarket to handle that and then they give it to the American Legion. Same on them if this story is true. They should be taken out and shot for the disrespect.

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by ppskylight

First lets get something straight. There was no wrongdoing here. On anyone's part.

There is dissembly here on the part of the republicans, the flags did indeed come from the DNC - Under the arms of Republicans with the intent of performing a stunt like this.

The Claim originates from a Republican, as the post article states. Not to play partisan here but in the interest of finding what really happened, Occam's Razor says that the claimant was lying.

The Flags were taken the night after Obama's speech, and were kept after the convention in a place not accessible to this mystery vendor, and the location was not 'in and around' the garbage bins.

Invesco Field at Mile High is serviced by Waste Management of Colorado. Someone please give them a ring and ask them how they missed 84 bags of red white and blue last week after the convention?

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Fox has stooped to new lows. Isn't this the same network that ran away with the rumors of the Clinton administration staff taking all the "W's" off of the computer key pads on the day they vacated and stealing the towels and silver ware off of Air Force One?

Give me a break...all this is is pandering to a bunch of door knobs and sidestepping the things that really matter like why all of these politicians give tax breaks to the wealthy, and line their pockets, taking too many vacations on lobbiest's jets, and all the while the rest of us struggle pay check to pay check and try to just keep our heads above water...50,000,000 who have no insurance; another 150,000,000 woefully under insured...nah, no problems here, nothing to see, move along folks someone is tossing out a flag....

It's no wonder nothing ever gets done, what with so many stupid phony issues standing in the way of change...reminds me of the Gwen Stefanni song..."the sh*# is bananas bee aye en aye en aye ess..."

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by skyshow

THIS S*%^ is BANANAS! B-A-N-A-N-A-S!

(/chorus)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join