It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Little brother law, has it happened anywhere else?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 05:00 AM
link   
i just heard this on the radio yesterday, and i was shoked !!
IBM has made a proposal to the danish government,
that people with camera phones ect. can upload media to a government financed homepage, and "snitch" other people to the police,
IMO this would be a good thing with bigger crimes,
but they are talking about doing it with petty crimes, speeding , iligal parking, ect. how fun it would be to live in a place where everybody should be looking over there back all the time

i found a link to the article the where talking about in the radio(but im not a computer wiz and cant seem to translate danish to english online
)

Little brother survalince

sorry for the bad spelling / gramma , english is not my first language

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 05:27 AM
link   
Here's a brief portion of the article translated to English...

While Big Brother, consequently the idea about the State, which keeps the society's citizens under surveillance, has been known for a long time, new forms of surveillance start to shoot forward.

Now it's no longer only the State, but citizens who are to keep other citizens under surveillance.

Out on the streets, at a smaller level and with less technology.

Therefore the phenomenon also goes under the name Little Brother.

Both the EU-commission and software & the consultant company IBM discuss just now in reports and working papers, how citizens with new technology like cell phones with built-in cameras henceforth can support the authorities.

For instance by relieving the pressure on the police in their daily work, writes Dagbladet Information.

"In connection with police tasks it's in the mood to use citizens' digital pictures and recordings of other citizens' criminal offences more systematically.

Thus the police in that way more easily can come into touch with the crime and faster clear up it", says Søren Duus Østergaard, who is a senior adviser within digital administration in IBM to Information.

You can translate more of it here:
gramtrans.com...

join