It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unidentified signals: Why?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 02:05 AM
link   
Why do signals remain unidentified? I'm talking mainly about the Wow! Signal and Radio source SHGb02+14a. (If there are others, please post about them here) Can't these signals be compared to known signals to find something that matches up or comes very close? And if it's still unknown what these signals are.... then how can they say it's not from an ETI source?

Also, 1420 MHz signals are restricted. Any person can't just go out and transmit stuff at 1420 MHz. If either signal is something that bounced back from Earth, then shouldn't it be easily identified? I mean, we should be able to decode our own radio signals!

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 07:44 PM
link   
I've listened to the SHGb02+14a signal a few times and it certianly very striking. It doesn't sound to me like something which occured naturally at least.

Perhaps scientists have difficulty identifying these signals due to the distances they are originating from? Who knows?

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 07:28 PM
link   
If they're that garbled, then how does a "from Earth" excuse even fit?

A radio signal at such a frequency from Earth would likely be more clear.

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 01:12 AM
link   
I went to the SETI site and attempted to search that sig, and it would not let me click on the go button after I entered it, however any other letters, words or numbers or combination thereof worked fine, weird

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 01:39 AM
link   
Duplicating this but...

I have uploaded for your listening pleasure.

seti sound- orig,25%,50% and 75% slower

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Thanks for those uploads man. Much appreciated... Had a quick look on Google and couldnt find anywhere I could hear them.

As for the signal itself, I really dont have a clue what to make of it!

top topics

join