It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Any Recent Chupacabra Sightings?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 12:04 PM
link   
If anyone has heard any recent news about El Chupacabra in Puerto Rico, please let me know. I recently saw a Chupacabra episode on History Channel's MonsterQuest, but it was disappointing to say the least. They pretty much focused on the mangy dogs from Texas instead of the real and original Chupacabra from Puerto Rico.

If anyone knows anything more recent in relation to what is going on in Puerto Rico, please reply to this post or email me at [email protected].

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Any Recent Chupacabra Sightings?

Not are here (Florida) or PR.

I think they all hopped in their UFO'S and went to England to get away from these hurricanes

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by avparanormal

I thought the "Monster Quest" helped to clear up one part of the mystery. We now know that the Texas Cupacabra is a dog. It may be disappointing to some who had hope to find a mysterious creature, but at least there was an answer. I hope they will do an episode focusing on the Puerto Rican Cupacabra, as I find it to be fascinating also.

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 06:15 PM
link   
The chupacabra doesnt exist.

It is a modern fairy tale that has taken only a few years to spread through the spanish language world and then to the rest of the world.
The story of the chupacabra is an excellent example of how a story can spread in todays world, via the media.

When the first "chupacabra" attacks were reported in puerto rico they were confined to a small area. After the local media reported the story, there was a rash of reported attacks throughout the island.
Then as the spanish laguage media picked up the story, reports of attacks spread, always showing up after the story runs in an area.
The reports spread from the larger urban areas(with electricity and television) to the outlying less developed areas.
I a short period of time reports of attacks were coming from areas that had no indiginous "chupacabra" legend, always after a media story.
I read the article that laid this all several years ago, then a few months later one of the local spanish language tv stations did network piece on the chupacabra, and within a week the first chubacabra attack was reported in my area, by a mexican immigrant living in a small agricultural community.

Whats funny is that when coyotes or wild dogs kill some chickens or goats, on a local farm it was just coyotes or dogs, but when it happens in the spanish language community its a "CHUPACABRA"

The chupacabra doesnt exist.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 12:42 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

join