It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Palin-Biden Put Troops at Risk

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 11:42 PM
link   
By announcing when their sons are headed to Iraq, I think both Palin and Biden have not only put their own kids at risk but have also put other troops in the line of danger once these brave men join their units,

Things are going good for the US but I am sure that the enemy in Iraq is paying attention to the US election. I am sure they are aware of the announcement of when these sons of potential VP's are more or less schedule to depart.

On Oct. 3, Biden's son, Joseph Robinette "Beau" Biden III, will be deployed to Iraq.

source

A year after enlisting in the US Army on the sixth anniversary of 9/11, Private First Class Palin will fly to Kuwait next Thursday for acclimatisation, and will be deployed a few weeks later to an area of Diyala province teeming with al-Qaeda insurgents.

source

what better way to martyred themselves ( the enemy) then in an attempt to take out one or both of the sons of potential Vice Presidents of the United States. Every troop in their unit will also be a mark target.

I know that both are proud of their sons but IMHO giving a scheduled departure day was not the wisest of moves.

I really think they give the enemy something to look forward to.

What do you think?

[edit on 4-9-2008 by jam321]

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 11:48 PM
link   
I think the date given for the Palin kid deployment is when his Unit has thier "Deployment Ceremony". I'd find it disturbing myself if it was the actual get on the plane date.

I'd hope that the same is the case for Bidden the younger as well.

I don't think these deployment dates are quite the secret that the media (ie Olberman) might have made them out to be.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 11:55 PM
link   
I believe they put their own selves at risk when they enlisted into the service. That is just part of the job. Do you believe these 2 are especially hot targets for the insurgents? I dunno, hard to say.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Kind of like when they sent the Prince to Afghanistan. They did it quietly which is the way it should be.

However, once he was outed they had to get him out of dodge pretty quick because he was at risk and so were the troops in his unit.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Especially with that woman now screaming that Iraq is a task from God... I would lock up your boys, mothers!

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 09:15 AM
link   
xion329alpha, I understand that you want to take a cheap shot at Palin but was this really the thread to do it in.

I am sincere about protecting our troops and I have no doubt whatsoever that neither of the 4 candidates would intentionally do something to put our troops in harm way, whether they believe in God or not.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 09:18 AM
link   
I wouldn't get too concerned about this, folks. If...IF...the sons of the candidates actually stay in Iraq following the election, it is very likely that they will be serving on the biggest, safest base that the US has in that country. I'd be stunned if they actually end up on the front lines. The Secret Service is not going to allow that to happen, because if they were captured, it could potentially compromise the president or VP.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 04:15 PM
link   
I guess the media finally picked up on this an are talking about how to protect them.

I also forgot McCain. He also has a son who is supposed to deploy over there.

top topics

join