It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does Sarah Palin Have Super Powers?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Does Sarah Palin have super powers?

Probably not, but with all the outrageous thread titles abounding on ATS, I thought I'd give the idea some thought.

What kind of woman comes out of nowhere in the political landscape and electrifies a convention in a way that no one in the world expected?

What kind of woman, who governs a state that almost no one will ever visit or even understands in real terms it's size, beauty, or it's importance to the other forty nine, who gets pummeled in the media so bad that she's accused of being everything evil and unworthy, with the possible exception of being the Antichrist, if you ignore my sarcastic remark in another thread, and goes on stage in front of 37 million viewers and electrifies a convention in a way that defies all the allegations regarding her intelligence, her honesty, her candidness and just about every other dimension of character one can imagine?

What kind of woman can go on stage at a major party convention and electrify a crowd of millions when on the preceding two days her daughter was dragged through the mud because of her most personal of decisions in a society where such decisions, right or wrong, are rampant and women are often applauded for making such a decision and manages to electrify a national party convention and 37 million television viewers?

What kind of woman who is capable of all those things can also go on stage with an inaccurate and wrinkled draft copy of her speech and a TelePrompter that malfunctions throughout that speech and manage to perform nearly flawlessly and electrify a convention and 37 million television viewers?

Well, that's what Sarah Palin did and I think she's as human as you and I. Or, is she?

YOU be the judge!

The Alaska governor overcame several glitches and technical problems to deliver her speech without getting flustered, impressing McCain and his staff and allowing them to breathe a sigh of relief.

Foremost of the obstacles, Palin’s TelePrompter was not working properly. When she took the podium, the machine rolled so quickly, it often skipped the first line or two of every paragraph on screen. The operator said he had new equipment and wasn’t sure how it would work.

However, Palin also went on stage with a slightly outdated hard copy of her speech. For various unexplained reasons, she and her closest advisers had an old draft on hand, and even had a hard time furnishing one of those for her to use. Several of the drafts were scribbled on, so one aide gave Palin a wrinkled, folded copy out of his pocket.

Officials said Palin responded in mom-like fashion, concluding, “Well, I suppose I could put a book on it and smooth it out a little. “

elections.foxnews.com...

blogs.wsj.com...

[edit on 2008/9/4 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 06:06 PM
link   
I seriously wonder if the Republicans don't have a few Obama saboteurs amongst their technical ranks.. It seems they have an inordinate amount of screw ups.

At least Sarah Palin was just as capable of delivering a speech without a teleprompter, as she was with one. The same can't be said for all the candidates.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 07:49 PM
link   
I can tell you that it is rare to find that kind of poise before a crowd of any size and under even the best of circumstances.

Public speaking is at the top of the list of fears for very many people. Even the best have to overcome their fears to make it onto the stage.

That Palin was able to function as she did, even without the obstacles, refutes nearly every negative thing that has been said about her.

This woman is capable and formidable.

And not to forget who's actually running for election, I think John McCain is so tough that he might very well the man whom Chuck Norris has been playing all these years.

After all, Chuck is a McCain supporter.

[edit on 2008/9/4 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
That Palin was able to function as she did, even without the obstacles, refutes nearly every negative thing that has been said about her.

Yeah at this point I think McCain and Palin have it hands down. She is really very likeable, and there are a lot of voters that really want to like someone in this election and they have not been able to.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sonya610
She is really very likeable, and there are a lot of voters that really want to like someone in this election and they have not been able to.

That's a very excellent point.

Likability should not be the sine qua non of leadership, but having that quality is a real plus.

Actually, what she has that others lack is a genuine personality.

Palin was herself on that stage last night and she was comfortable in herself.

That's a priceless attribute, when combined with her other qualities.

Thanks for pointing that out.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
...genuine personality...

Who would have thought that having one would equate to a super-power?

:shk:

What a sad place we have arrived at in this country.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Though I have to say watching the convention is a bit scary. It seems like a whole LOT of the people in the crowd, particularly the women, look like tele-evangelist preachers wives. There is something a bit plastic and creepy about them, even the guys.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 08:14 PM
link   
What kind of woman...

A hand picked trainee by the powers that be for the NWO, a good delivery, a Manchurian chip, and a bargain with the devil.

She didnt write the speech, it was written for her and it was a good speech, however evil and sarcastic. I dont think she has super powers, although she could. Let me know when she walks on water or levitates

We all know or should know this is all a game to keep us busy.

That's all this theater is.

Frankly, i'd rather have what would appear to be the lesser of two evils, and that would be Obama, but, really, its all a show, imo.

Six of one or half a dozen of the other......The USA is broken and i dont hold much hope.

Where IS the attack dog, anyway? Is Biden out there bad mouthing HER?

I dont see him.

In a world where so much is going on constantly, look at the choices we have.

Nobody is going to do anything- America has been destroyed and will never have a real president of substance, knowledge or wisdom to guide this great nation towards the light again.

Couple that with a few people nobody is even sure where the heck they came from, seem to have just almost recently "materialized" out of nowhere (Obama and Palin) and it makes me want to scratch my head. Add to that the fact that McCain is 72, uh, he would be lucky if he could handle one term, maybe, the thought of Sarah whoeverthehell she is becoming president sends shivers down my back.

Down is up and up is down and nothing makes any sense.

I just dont get a warm and fuzzy feeling about HER or McCain, the warmonger, or obscure characters with anagrams for names such as
Barak Hussein Obama*......

Maybe tomorrow i'll feel safer, today, nothing is real.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
Frankly, i'd rather have what would appear to be the lesser of two evils, and that would be Obama...

How can you be so sure?

Can't complain much about the rest of your post though.

[edit on 4-9-2008 by loam]

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Loam,

Perhaps an unknown evil???

I'm just in a writing mood today. I've had it.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Grady..Yes, I do believe you are correct. Superpowers.

With once speech, she can cause half the country to go into an uncontrollable fit of hand-wringing.

Also think she is actually a bagel..yes, a bagel..

tough on the outside.
soft on the inside.
cream cheese for the cameras
even her last name is an anagram of my favorite bagel type..PLAIN.

There you have it.
Sarah Palin. a bagel with Superpowers.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 08:55 PM
link   
spacedoubt,

You are a genius.

I'm a bagel lover, too.

Bagel lovers for Palin!

Bagel lovers for McCain!

Today, the bagel; tomorrow, the world!

OORAHH!

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 08:56 PM
link   
She believes in God, so logically it depends on her faith.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by loam

loam,

Apparently, you didn't read my complete post.

Context means a lot.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

Well, since we're talking about discerning the lesser of evils, let me try this logic on you:

One of the principle problems with Obama is that he so willingly ignored the voice of nearly half the Democratic electorate by not selecting Clinton as his VP choice. (Now stick with me, because I'm not really a Hillary fan, but you'll see where I'm going with this...)

What does that really say about him? The man? His thinking?

He campaigned as the change candidate.

A principle theme of his speeches was to claim he would reach out and heal the divisiveness in America and abroad.

He claimed to want to give a voice to those who had none.

Yet, when the most material decision arose where he could actually demonstrate his commitment to these principles (and well after his nomination was already assured), he selected a Washington insider (Biden) and ignored the voice of nearly half the Democratic party.

Think about that for a moment.

He couldn't even reach out to someone WITHIN HIS OWN PARTY. How can anyone credibly expect him to do better with those across the aisle?

Moreover, think of the arrogance his decision required. I think few doubt that had he selected her, McCain would not have been able to produce Palin, and Obama would be well on his way to the White House. But he disregarded her and a pool of voters nearly equal to his own.

Now, again, I'm not a Hilary fan, but from my vantage point, the fact the two of them were not exactly buds was actually a plus.

From day one, I have always bristled against the almost blind loyalty Obama supporters have shown Obama. (We saw the same thing with Bush supporters and look were that got us.
) Clinton could have served as a kind of check and balance in an odd sort of way. They would have challenged each other.

Now Obama only has his adorers surrounding him. Kind of scary for one so untested, imo.

If history teaches anything, it should be to fear the adoration of political figures.

I've been pretty consistent on this.

(It's why I soured on Paul. He wasn't the problem. It was the almost religious zeal of his followers.)

In any event, in my view, McCain's principle advantage is that his Party still really doesn't like him...and surprise of surprises, he did PRECISELY what Obama wouldn't-- he reached across the divide within his own party and selected a nearly perfect amalgamation of someone they might approve of ....and someone genuinely normal.

I find that pretty damned ironic and oddly reassuring.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by GradyPhilpott

Ummmm... I don't think you understood my point.

I liked Palin. I don't agree with all of her political views, but I liked her.

She's genuinely normal, and the point I was making is it's sad that should be so remarkable.

Understand?

(After reading my first post, I can see why it would confuse you. I was answering the thread question as a yes.)

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Actually, I came back to this thread to compliment you on your assessment in the previous post.

I hope you understand that I didn't mean that a genuinely genuine and attractive personality is sufficient to lead a nation, but that in a constellation of attributes, it helps to get a message across.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by GradyPhilpott

I do.

Spooky, huh?

The world must really be coming to an end.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 10:42 PM
link   
At Rense.com shes does, sarcastically.

[edit on 4-9-2008 by pluckynoonez]

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by pluckynoonez

The Biden image is pretty funny.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>