It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

influence of the mind or other beings?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 05:02 PM
link   
hi people,i dont where exactly to post this i figure the paranormal section is a good place to start so on with the post.......ok so a while ago i brought a book with tibetan meditation techniques, a lot of the meditations i would dare not attempt but there seemed an easy & simple one called sleep yoga basically you clear out the energy channels to have better more intuitive dreams,now as a by-product of that the chakra points are also opened.now i did the exercies & fell asleep but i had really disturbing dreams which still make uneasy thinking about them,i only did this 3 times & the first dream was like a scene out of hostel,i was in a tin shack with a few other people i didnt recognize & i could see them being tortured,needless to say i was disturbed by this for a few days.now the second dream was a strange evil feeling man waling down the main street of my town at night picking off people coming out of the pubs & bars with a shotgun,but the strange thing was i was walking in front of him watching him do this.the third dream i cannot remember at all,i have tried but i cant remember a thing which is probably good considering the first two. so yeah my question people is, is my mind/subconcious manifesting in the dreams so to speak or is it a another being/ghost? now i should point out the house my family has been in we have been there for over a decade & strange things have happened,seeing cats walking through the house when we had no pets at that time,a ladies voice telling me to wake up, right in the middle of the night which my mother has also heard too but these are many years apart so we never really payed them much attention. when i talked to a fried about this he told me a quote which kind of spooked me a bit he said "when you do these exercises that leave the chakra points open as you sleep,just remember they are open to both sides good & bad." any thoughts,opinions & feedback much appreciated.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 05:31 PM
link   
I think since you opened your chakras you are seeing your usual dream activity.. I have a theory on this.. first stop watching violent movies and or video games..(the ones that are really violent) limit your news to reading about it and stay away from negative unessecary news..(like your local murder etc) Another theory that I have is.. I believe there is a force that feeds off our negative emotional energy.. and every night when people go to bed.. negative dreams are projected so that you will have an emotional response(fear anger rage etc) these beings then feed off your energy.. Who are these beings? could be human entities even other humans sleeping that tend to feed off your energy and or "alien" beings.. I suggest for you to learn how to observe when a dream scenario is not yours.. Usually I can ascertain this when I have no control over the dream sequence.. then wake up!! the book has only made you conscience of what your dreams are.. before you didn't experience them because you didn't know they occurred well.. now you know!

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Thats a very interesting post!
My boyfriend had a very aggressive sleep walking episode the other night. I wonder if this technique could help him out with that. Do you think that maybe you did it wrong?? I know nothing about this, but I am def. curious!

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 01:05 AM
link   
well thanks for the feedback,interesting point of view by patriot,but yeah i do think when you open up chakra's you are open to either influence,i would love to try it in another house or even town & see if the dreams improve.i mean i liked your theories but i dont watch or play many violent movies & games so when i usually dream its not about that kind of stuff in fact i never had a dodgey dream until those ones. & for kaginD im sure i followed everything down to the letter,if you want to know more about it i dont wanna sound like a publisher plugging a book haha but check out a book by - herbie brennan or j.h. brennan called: tibetan magic & mysticism.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 01:16 AM
link   
From my own understanding you are actually using your true abilities now and seeing beyond the veil with the help of the 3rd eye. Of course the first port of call is to always undue the sub-conscious mind patterns that have not been in your best interest. Hence the seeming manifestations etc which simply are there to be a clearing house of learning.
Always be appreciative, loving and quiescent in each moment and your inner guide will teach you what you need to know in that moment of time and space.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 04:02 PM
link   
nice advice much appreciated by the way,seems like you have a bit of experience awakeing the pyschic faculties.

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Hey, When you go into a deeper state, after when your 5 senses stop taking in any senses, It is believed that any memory, thoughts etc. can arise. This thought arise from your memory bank located at the Temporal Lobe. Usually the fresh memory's or any serious memory that had a impact on you, can arise easier that older memory like when your a baby. I learn this in a book Yoga psychology on how our brain works. So that is one way that could explain why these thoughts arise.

Another view that I have is, whatever your meditation technique is, it opened up your chakra points. Do remember that the 6th chakra point is physic, it can tap into another field of energy that I myself cannot explain to you because I don't know enough to tell you. But because your chakra points are opened, your are bound to be able to receive thoughts from another field of energy. From what some people already said in your thread about a "force" that feeds of your negative energy, That is a possibility also, there is reason why you should not do certain meditation procedure because it can attract the wrong spirits that can bother you.

But lets hope it's not anything negative, just bad memory arising.

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Spirit, mind and body
One of the best understandings that I have ever learnt is that the mind is the most creative, omnipotent, omniscient and omnipresent force in the whole Universe.
The problem happens when in our day to day life we tend to let doubt smear this ability that is so latent and potential in us and so we easily give up trying to do anything with it.
Instead one simply has to learn to wholly focus the mind with determined, disciplined intent and everything will fall in to place of its own accord.

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 10:37 PM
link   
if you want to be more clear on things in dreams and subconscious, maybe limit the amount of riff raff that you process during the day. For instance, turn off the tv, avoid ads and stimuli of the same nature that bothered you, like playing violent games or watching violence in a trance state via TV. live with as little external programming as possible. Mixing the search for inner gnosis with a lifestyle of unknown and deluded sensory input, can be a twisted web to un weave.
When I got into meditation, I quickly realized the TV had to go, amongst many other stagnant habits that blocked progress and discovery. It was hard to factor out certain things when rationality could easily say it was a byproduct of the television etc.
Hope you find what IT IS, YOU ARE looking for...

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by psychedeliack
if you want to be more clear on things in dreams and subconscious, maybe limit the amount of riff raff that you process during the day. For instance, turn off the tv, avoid ads and stimuli of the same nature that bothered you, like playing violent games or watching violence in a trance state via TV. live with as little external programming as possible. Mixing the search for inner gnosis with a lifestyle of unknown and deluded sensory input, can be a twisted web to un weave.
When I got into meditation, I quickly realized the TV had to go, amongst many other stagnant habits that blocked progress and discovery. It was hard to factor out certain things when rationality could easily say it was a byproduct of the television etc.
Hope you find what IT IS, YOU ARE looking for...

top topics

join