It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Five years after cremation, 'dead father' is reunited with family

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Five years after cremation, 'dead father' is reunited with family

www.guardian.co.uk

Five years after John Renehan thought he had cremated his father, the pair are back together in a case of memory loss, mistaken identity and serendipity.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 10:07 AM
link   
It's quite worrying that something like this could happen in this day and age?

www.guardian.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Shocking doesnt nearly describe this.... How many other times might this not have happened?

We live in 2008 and "mistakes" like these are still being made? Unbelievable!

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 12:38 PM
link   
I believe there was a ATS member who had a post in regards to this, he was going to see if his grand parents had any info on his dead father, I wonder if the two are related???

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Just been watching this on the news, its is unbelievable that with the technology we have today that they can make such a massive mistake.

The family must have been through alot having to deal with the death of the dad. Now 5 years later he appears.

So who did they cremate.

Will the police take full responsibilty for it, i dont think that they will.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Mach Shadows

Cremations aren't done individually, they are done in batches, so not necessarily anyone was cremated in his place.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 01:38 PM
link   
The family will have to go through having to lose him all over again for a second time, it wouldnt be a nice thing to go through again.

Well who was the man that the police thought was the father in the first place, Surely he had a family that still dont have any ideas what happened to him.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mach Shadows

Well who was the man that the police thought was the father in the first place, Surely he had a family that still dont have any ideas what happened to him.

Nobody else has claimed the body because at the time of discovery it was identified as Delaney, case closed.

Also, don't forget that sometimes there is no one to claim you or miss you when you're gone. Some people don't have anyone.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Yeah i suppose your right, i wonder if someone will try to claim him now, then again there will be nothing left to identify him

top topics

join