It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does Experience even matter?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 09:26 AM
link   
During the Primaries McCain said that being a mayor or governor for a short time doesn't qualify you for President.

When pressed on this concern, McCains Campaign manager dodged this question and responded...

"But didn't you see her speech?"

I find it completely hiliarious that when attacking Obama, the Republicans used every tactic they could around experience, and then they turn around and get a VP candidate with about the same experience as Obama, but that's ok for some reason.

I don't ever want to hear another word about experience being a factor from the Republicans. 2008 is the year that the "Experience Card" has been thrown out.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Quazga

Wait until 2012.

Media: "Wait ... wait ... you're telling me that you have no political experience at all?"

Candidate: "No sir, that's not true. I was the leader of my guild on the Blackhand server for over 4 years. We had over two thousand members."

Media: "Wha..?"

Candidate: "World of Warcraft, sir."

Media: "A ... a video game!?"

Candidate: "No sir, an MMORPG. Massively Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game. Sir."

Media: "On online video game!!?? Are you freaking SERIOUS!?"

Candidate: "Yeah, but it was a PVP server."

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Quazga

You make a valid point. I guess we can throw experience out the window. Of course, we all know all of this is political posturing on both sides. Just like when they promise one thing in the primary to win that part of the election and something almost completely different in the general election in an attempt to win that election.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Quazga
I don't ever want to hear another word about experience being a factor from the Republicans. 2008 is the year that the "Experience Card" has been thrown out.

Which is precisely why it is ridiculous for Obama supporters to attack Palin on these grounds now, as opposed to congratulating McCain on finally seeing the light.

Change and experience are largely incompatible concepts.

I think it revealing how aggressively Obama's people have gone after Palin. They appear genuinely scared of her potential for popularity, imo.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by sos37

LOL, that post is so right on, this coming from a WoW player.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Experience doesn't really matter. No one has the experience of being the president until that first day they accept the position. Many good presidents have had very little political experience and many horrible presidents have had a lot.

So... experience doesn't matter. Judgment matters. Compassion matters. Intelligence, clarity of thought, leadership qualities, the ability to delegate and inspire all matter. But experience is hardly worth all the attention it's getting.

new topics

top topics

join