It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your ever changing attitude.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Why is it that our attitude changes every day? I'm calm for the most part. Yet there are times when my attitude gets in the way of my doing things or it really motivates me to do something differently. Why must our attitude not remain constant when we want it to be? The human mind is too random. Why can't it be more calm?

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Should we really be inflexible?

I too would like my attitude to be more consistent. Especially since I work from home, sometimes I have alot of energy and get alot of work done, but other times I have no motivation at all (today, for instance).

I guess it takes balance and self-discipline to keep your mind in a fixed state. That's good to a degree, but it seems like when we strictly moderate ourselves into one perspective or opinion, don't we end up limiting our ability to identify with other perspectives? It can go from being "consistent" to being very closed-minded.

You can definitely control your mind just by being conscious of your thoughts and conditioning yourself to think certain things, but can't strict routines and habits become counter-productive?

new topics

join