It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Giuliani opening for Palin? What were they thinking?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 07:22 AM
link   
What were they thinking!?

Palin’s speech surely attracted a lot of undecided voters, and I think she did a great job. But those same voters tuned in on the hour and they heard Giuliani’s horrid rantings about evil Islamic terrorists and more war and the same fear mongering we have heard for 7 years; on top of that he really is not a very good speaker.

I think that was a MAJOR blunder on the part of the Republicans. Palin has the ability to attract moderates, to attract swing voters, she is quite charming. Giuliani really set that back by parroting the ugliest and scariest tired old propaganda messages from the Bush administration.

Was anyone else cringing when they heard Giuliani's speech?

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Well I actually found her speech to be a bit nasty or pissy, but no serious mess ups there.

Rudy sounded like the biggest pecker I have ever heard. I agree it was a big mistake!
I was almost like a commercial made for OBAMA.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sonya610
What were they thinking!?

Palin’s speech surely attracted a lot of undecided voters, and I think she did a great job. But those same voters tuned in on the hour and they heard Giuliani’s horrid rantings about evil Islamic terrorists and more war and the same fear mongering we have heard for 7 years; on top of that he really is not a very good speaker.

I think that was a MAJOR blunder on the part of the Republicans. Palin has the ability to attract moderates, to attract swing voters, she is quite charming. Giuliani really set that back by parroting the ugliest and scariest tired old propaganda messages from the Bush administration.

Was anyone else cringing when they heard Giuliani's speech?

I don't think anyone takes Giuliani seriously anymore after his speech on they attack because of our freedoms, except for most of the republican party, and then Ron Paul schooled his ass.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 10:02 AM
link   
One of the reasons it bothered me is because I asked my mom to watch Palin's speech, she has been a lifelong democrat and she agreed to watch.

I *know* she turned that speech on and caught the trash Giuliani was spewing and I kept thinking "Oh god I am going to hear about this later".

It was just so stupid, that was prime time for them, no doubt a HUGE audience and they had to put an idiot in the same timeslot?

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 10:13 AM
link   
I'll have to agree with you on Guliani....he has never been a good public speaker, and it really showed last night. He tries to be funny and all RAH RAH RAH, but it doesn't come across very well. They should have put a gag on him just as they did to McCain's mother...

McCain's mother- They won't let me talk

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 10:15 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

I haven't seen the Giuliani speech yet, but something tells me I don't need to because I've already heard it before.

I did catch a shot of him sitting there with that ridiculous Cheshire grin on his face though.

Peace

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

new topics

top topics

join