It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Huge Ice Shelf Breaks Loose in Canada

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Man took me a while reading all that, quite entertaingin and intruiging the twoing ad froing.
Hers my 2 cents.
This is all based on the research I have done and my own opinion .

Global warming is just one more thing for the elites to use to keep us in fear and make more money.
ONe more thing for our minds to be on instead of the real important issues of today.

And I muist say the evidence Kryties has presented has by far been the most compelling.

If people would just take a step back and stop thinking that science is right theyd see that global warming is just another fear tactic.

As far as Im concerned its definitly cyclycal.The evidence is overwhelming.

Also lets NOT forget that at the moment the entire solar system is warmiing , including pluto which is moving away from the sun.
And last time I checked the solar system wasint home to co2 emmiting civilisations.

Take a step back people and do a little bit of research instead of assuming people like Al Gore have out best interests at heart.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by spookjr
Global warming appears (IMHO) to be nothing more than a very natural part of a worldwide system of changes that take place in cycles over a period of thousands of years.
Once again i will ask this question. Please point out in the historical Models on climate cycles, where in these cycles do we observe the Activities of billions of humans as a regular factor in these historical cycles that qualifies the dismissal of the massive amounts of anthropogenic CO2 emission we observe now effecting weather and temperature. Please show me the historical insignificance of humans acting this way in these Historical Climate cycle models. Please, can anyone of you who claim current warming is a repeat of past cycle just do this for me. That way we can ignore the influence of MAN.

But in reality the Earth probably knows what it is doing, and when we humans are long gone it will still be here, doing whatever it will with all that plastic that it asked for!!!!

In reality the earth can not be anthropamorphed, making it accountable and responsible for coping with our actions, and so easily dismiss them as being insignificant. LOL, please, reality. Thanks for the laugh.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by C.C.Benjamin

I agree with you that we have had to had some effect as the planet runs like a well oiled machine without us. I often think that Earth could have been mistaken for the Garden Eden if only we were not here. When you look at things like the Garbage Patch in the Pacific you kinda realize just how destructive we are. I've joked with my kids that when we go to Costco /walmart/target/any huge store, that we are being the best kind of cancer possible, we are in a small way helping to destroy our host. I think if you are half way intelligent then the carbon credits are a total joke. The mayor of Chula Vista went on the radio and truly felt better about driving his SUV because he had bought CC on line. Not change the car plus buy the CC but just buy the CC. I did my part, we are a country of ADD people. As soon as the TV tells me everything is fine I move on and don't think about it anymore. If you want to see where we are headed watch the movie Idiocracy really dumb movie but kinda has a weird effect on you after it watching it because you can see us being that dumb (in 500 years of course).

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Outlawstar
Man took me a while reading all that, quite entertaingin and intruiging the twoing ad froing.
Hers my 2 cents.
Here is my two cents, share your research.

Global warming is just one more thing for the elites to use to keep us in fear and make more money.
ONe more thing for our minds to be on instead of the real important issues of today.
If you really did do your research you would know that the Elites have its money on dismissing Global Warming to ensure the current Status Quo. Massive consummer markets, reliance on fossil fuels, throw away societies, economic growth over modest localised sustainability, Corporate Agriculture focused on Commodities over local indepent farming....the list goes on. If we were to scale back all these as per Environmental Ideals, the Elites loss, they Loss big time. Just one quick example......check out Who Killed the Electric Car.....an GW enviromentalist wet dream, killed by the Elites.....if they wanted to make money from a Global Warming Scare, surely this was a golden ticket to the cash.......did'nt happen.

And I muist say the evidence Kryties has presented has by far been the most compelling.
To date, Kryties has pesented no evidence. Nor has he refuted any of the evidence i have offered.

If people would just take a step back and stop thinking that science is right theyd see that global warming is just another fear tactic.
Please can you post all the material you have showing the science that states this.

If it is overwhelming, then it should be easily availabe to post. Thanks. I will not reply to the rest of your commentary and opinion as it has offered nothing so far aside from just that.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by atlasastro

Hers my 2 cents.
Here is my two cents, share your research.

no

If you really did do your research you would know that the Elites have its money on dismissing Global Warming to ensure the current Status Quo. Massive consummer markets, reliance on fossil fuels, throw away societies, economic growth over modest localised sustainability, Corporate Agriculture focused on Commodities over local indepent farming....the list goes on. If we were to scale back all these as per Environmental Ideals, the Elites loss, they Loss big time. Just one quick example......check out Who Killed the Electric Car.....an GW enviromentalist wet dream, killed by the Elites.....if they wanted to make money from a Global Warming Scare, surely this was a golden ticket to the cash.......did'nt happen.

To date, Kryties has pesented no evidence. Nor has he refuted any of the evidence i have offered.

Please can you post all the material you have showing the science that states this.

If it is overwhelming, then it should be easily availabe to post. Thanks. I will not reply to the rest of your commentary and opinion as it has offered nothing so far aside from just that.

before I answer can someone tell me how to quote and reply to sperate pieces of the post.

[edit on 5-9-2008 by Outlawstar]

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by dreamsnatcher
reply to post by C.C.Benjamin

I think if you are half way intelligent then the carbon credits are a total joke. The mayor of Chula Vista went on the radio and truly felt better about driving his SUV because he had bought CC on line. Not change the car plus buy the CC but just buy the CC. I did my part, we are a country of ADD people. As soon as the TV tells me everything is fine I move on and don't think about it anymore. If you want to see where we are headed watch the movie Idiocracy really dumb movie but kinda has a weird effect on you after it watching it because you can see us being that dumb (in 500 years of course).

The Carbon Credit Tax and Offset schemes are questionable. I agree. I think this will oly end up excluding those that can't afford to use energy or products that incur these taxes etc, these people namely being the poorer masses. The upsides that i have read about is that it encourages buisness to invest in finding greener alternatives that they can then onsell through offsetting poorer enviromental industries, creating a new market, this benefits the enviroment while still servicing economic growth and development. The fact of the matter is though is this. People have been making money for ages by trashing the planet with little regard for the enviroment. Why it should be a problem that buisnesses now make money from greening industry and improving the enviroment, is beyond me.
Here is some reading on Carbon Tax/Credits etc CARBON TAX CENTRE This is a whole other thread though.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Look at this thread to help with quoting and posting images etc.
www.abovetopsecret.com...'

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 09:42 AM
link   

post by Outlawstar

HA! Well my ears are burning!!

It seems to me that you have either totally skipped over the mountains of evidence have presented in a logical fashion., or you are choosing to ignore it because it does not agree with your ideology.

I'm getting the feeling that this thread is actually useless, you have asked for debate on the topic, I have presented a mountain of evidence and you are claiming it means zilch. I should point out that many other people have looked at my evidence and agree with it. You seem to be a minority in your opinion.

This thread seems more to be about you pushing your point of view on people and not wanting to hear the opposition.

Unless you can provide me with a good reason why I should hang around, I'm done with this thread and it's bullyish, one-sided point of view.

[edit on 5/9/2008 by Kryties]

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Here is my two cents, show us your research.

My two cents is an opinion that does not require me to surf through reems of text and back it up, thus making it inherintly hard to consider as fact, opinion however, rarely is.

I hope Im misreading this

States what?I was just showing an opinion that a lot of people hold, not a fact.
Of course science isint always right.That doesint make it bad, it makes it human.

Yes it should, however I do not feel the need to back up my opinion with reams of text at the moment, mabe later.
Oh and I suppose you didint know the whole solar system was heating up ey?
Christ, just google it.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kryties

post by Outlawstar

HA! Well my ears are burning!!

It seems to me that you have either totally skipped over the mountains of evidence have presented in a logical fashion., or you are choosing to ignore it because it does not agree with your ideology.

I'm getting the feeling that this thread is actually useless, you have asked for debate on the topic, I have presented a mountain of evidence and you are claiming it means zilch. I should point out that many other people have looked at my evidence and agree with it. You seem to be a minority in your opinion.

This thread seems more to be about you pushing your point of view on people and not wanting to hear the opposition.

I agree, these threads pop up from time to time and always have an OP refusing to even dare consider the evidence presented showing another side to his/her claims.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Nothing to do with global warming. The earth is shifting and with that bits will break off, then over time the are which was once covered in water will be land and the land will be water. Natures way of giving life to new things and also keeping the earth clean, even if that does mean clearing out entire cities and life that exists now. Sounds bad but with technology these days, we just keep an eye on it. Move when we need to move and make sure we keep our distance from the sea. Who would have thought that water could be so dangerous!?
Not me......

The thing is whether its toxic fumes or not, it was on this earth to begin with. It is meant to be used. If not it would only rest there and cause more problems then this would! Thing is i have yet to see the government release the Free Energy machines people like Nikola Tesla have built! Now that would put a stop to fumes in the air straight away but i think them oil companies have to get rid of there stock first before they allow people life! All i can say, is people are stupid for allowing governments and companies control over life as we know it. We own them and our earth not the few little guys who have a big bank balance. Its only for bragging rights, because the people that protect them is me and YOU!!!!!!!!! I am sure you all love to become a law abiding police official and defend those in power......But that is where we fail. troops are fighting for nothing but freedom of there leaders, not themselves.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by MyCommentMatters

Nothing to do with global warming. The earth is shifting and with that bits will break off, then over time the are which was once covered in water will be land and the land will be water. Natures way of giving life to new things and also keeping the earth clean, even if that does mean clearing out entire cities and life that exists now. Sounds bad but with technology these days, we just keep an eye on it. Move when we need to move and make sure we keep our distance from the sea. Who would have thought that water could be so dangerous!?
Not me......

The thing is whether its toxic fumes or not, it was on this earth to begin with. It is meant to be used. If not it would only rest there and cause more problems then this would! Thing is i have yet to see the government release the Free Energy machines people like Nikola Tesla have built! Now that would put a stop to fumes in the air straight away but i think them oil companies have to get rid of there stock first before they allow people life! All i can say, is people are stupid for allowing governments and companies control over life as we know it. We own them and our earth not the few little guys who have a big bank balance. Its only for bragging rights, because the people that protect them is me and YOU!!!!!!!!! I am sure you all love to become a law abiding police official and defend those in power......But that is where we fail. troops are fighting for nothing but freedom of there leaders, not themselves.

Well said, and although yo havint backed up your free energy claims, Im inclined to believe them, as the government is hiding all sorts of black technologies that could have easily solved most of the problems with the enviroment and economy, though of course they want to suck every last drop of money from oil first and even then they wont let these techs out, its up to orginisations like the orion projet to help us out and drive for a world of peace, obviously not infinite peace as thats impossible but certainly a lot more so.

Godamn makes me angry sometimes, but its all about keeping the status quo for the people in charge.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Originally posted by Kryties

Mountains. Are you for real. You post an unscientific Ice Core study promoted by a think tank suggesting a 1500 cycle no one else in the scientific community agrees with. You offer attacks on the IPCC with opinon and no scientific rebuttles. I have shot theses down, you have done nothing to my posts. Please, read the whol thread and my posts that you still have not answered. Please refut the empiracal evidence supporting Anthropogenic Warming. Please Point out in your "cycles" where we observe Human Activity that matches current trends so as to dismiss these current trends as typical to past cycles. Your sources and mountains of Info are Junk and you know it. Otherwise you would have shot my posts down earlier, you haven't.

I have looked at all your evidence and replied to it. You have not done this with my sources or evidence.....so much for your debating technique. I too have had many people agreeing with me, but this is not a popularity contest, the facts are you have refutted none of my posts, or discredited any of my sources. I have done this easily with yours. re-read the posts.

Unless you can provide me with a good reason why I should hang around, I'm done with this thread and it's bullyish, one-sided point of view.
I have only offered facts, please show where my posts are mainly opinion backed by little science, as this is all you offer. On the vast majority of my posts I offer links and sources to back my beliefs, to date you have not answered or addressed any of these sources or information. Not one. I have done this with yours. Who is onesided here. You. Simple.
You are beaten, not by me, but by the truth. Just face the facts.

[edit on 5-9-2008 by atlasastro]

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 11:41 AM
link   

I agree, these threads pop up from time to time and always have an OP refusing to even dare consider the evidence presented showing another side to his/her claims.

You have not read this thread. You have offered nothing to this thread. I have considered and replied to posts offering information and sources. You have not done this once, you have offered nothing, and you have offered not one considered reply to any of my posts. You posts are illogical, contadictory and quiet frankly boring.
You above reply is evidence of the fact that you have absolutely no idea about how i have conducted myself on this thread.
Thanks for the Laugh though, at least you are entertaining.

P.S has anybody got any troll repellent available(CFC free of course)

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Yes it should, however I do not feel the need to back up my opinion with reams of text at the moment, mabe later.
Christ, just google it.

I'll just show you how easy this is. You cannot be bothered offering any proof of the claim above.
Did you know that we are currently experiencing Historically Low Solar Sunspot activity. Christ, just google it. It will tell you that this has led to cooling. Yet we are still experiencing Artic and Antartic Ice melts.
Here I'll get you started on some evidence that might help you foster some intelligence in relation to this subject, and maybe in general. Look out for the links on Climate Cooling that might help your denial.
SUNSPOTS DISSAPEARING
Your warming universe theory just went cold.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 11:54 AM
link   

You have not read this thread. You have offered nothing to this thread. I have considered and replied to posts offering information and sources. You have not done this once, you have offered nothing, and you have offered not one considered reply to any of my posts. You posts are illogical, contadictory and quiet frankly boring.
You above reply is evidence of the fact that you have absolutely no idea about how i have conducted myself on this thread.
Thanks for the Laugh though, at least you are entertaining.

P.S has anybody got any troll repellent available(CFC free of course)

Oh man , seriously its funy when people resort to insults, how you try to simply dismiss me like your all knowing I stated very clearly what my intention in this thread was, that it was to give my opinion and not show reams of backing up info.

Show me where my posts were "illogical" or "contradictory"
Anyway youve pushed me to it.

You have global warming all wrong, horribly wrong.
This should sum that up pretty nicely.

GLOBAL WARMING HOAX

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Mountains. Are you for real. You post an unscientific Ice Core study

You are conveniently skipping over the SEDIMENTRY CORES taken from all the oceans that fully support the ice-core data.

promoted by a think tank suggesting a 1500 cycle no one else in the scientific community agrees with.

1. You seriously cannot be arrogant enough to believe you speak for the entire scientific community can you?

2. The 1500 year was known about well before the think tank suggested it.
Feast your eyes on these two examples (there are many more but I am trying to save space...
From www.sciencedaily.com...

ScienceDaily (Nov. 14, 1997) — Earth's climate cools significantly and abruptly every 1,500 years or so in a persistent, regular rhythm, a team led by scientists at Columbia University's Lamont-Doherty Earth Observatory reports in the Nov. 14 issue of the journal Science.

From www.space.com...

WASHINGTON (AP) _ The brightening and dimming of the sun may account for a 1,500-year cycle of cooling and warming on parts of the Earth, a study of ice in the North Atlantic suggests.

Researchers found that a very slight difference in the amount of solar energy reaching the Earth can have a powerful chilling effect on the climate: ice builds up in lands bordering the North Atlantic, the average temperature drops in Europe and North America.

Go ahead and discredit THOSE sources.

You offer attacks on the IPCC with opinon and no scientific rebuttles. I have shot theses down, you have done nothing to my posts. Please, read the whol thread and my posts that you still have not answered.

1. You were the one who actually didn't read threads. You have even tried to claim that I have provided no evidence whatsoever in this thread. I am pretty sure I see many many posts from me. You need to get your eyes checked mate.
2. I offered an opinion piece based on data they had collected then backed it up with a whole other article that you must have completely skipped or not seen leading me back to ask if your eyesight is ok?
3. I do not set out to 'shoot down' peoples posts. That is NOT the way science is conducted.

Please refut the empiracal evidence supporting Anthropogenic Warming. Please Point out in your "cycles" where we observe Human Activity that matches current trends so as to dismiss these current trends as typical to past cycles. Your sources and mountains of Info are Junk and you know it. Otherwise you would have shot my posts down earlier, you haven't.

I'm not going to play your 'let's crucify people' game. The evidence I have presented speaks for itself and also, by it's very nature, refutes your argument.

I have looked at all your evidence and replied to it.

No you have not. You have even astounded me by some of your responses, as if you do not even understand what you are reading. I have not pointed this out until now though because I am neither vindictive nor bullyish.

I have only offered facts, please show where my posts are mainly opinion backed by little science, as this is all you offer. On the vast majority of my posts I offer links and sources to back my beliefs, to date you have not answered or addressed any of these sources or information. Not one. I have done this with yours. Who is onesided here. You. Simple.
You are beaten, not by me, but by the truth. Just face the facts.

Once again this is not a 'crucify the opposition' game like you so badly seem to want it to be. I am done with this. I am off to find a thread where we can debate science in a respectful, non-crucification manner.

PS: I find it extremely hard to take seriously any science claimed by somebody who hasn't learnt to spell nor form correct paragraphs. Learn these first before moving onto the bigger things. I know that may come across as a personal attack but it's my honest feelings. I'm done with this thread now.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Christ, just google it.

I'll just show you how easy this is. You cannot be bothered offering any proof of the claim above.
Did you know that we are currently experiencing Historically Low Solar Sunspot activity. Christ, just google it. It will tell you that this has led to cooling. Yet we are still experiencing Artic and Antartic Ice melts.
Here I'll get you started on some evidence that might help you foster some intelligence in relation to this subject, and maybe in general. Look out for the links on Climate Cooling that might help your denial.
SUNSPOTS DISSAPEARING
Your warming universe theory just went cold.

Again with the insults, and yes I DID know that, and I also know that its only a very recent event.
Nowhere near long enough to warrant a possible cooling.
Please stop making yourself out to be all knowing by posting pieces of info based on our current understanding of teh suns physics which is woefully inadequate

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Again with the insults, and yes I DID know that, and I also know that its only a very recent event.
Please use the alert function and forward your accusations of insults to the MODS. I am sure your acusations are as founded as your other claims.

Nowhere near long enough to warrant a possible cooling.
Please stop making yourself out to be all knowing by posting pieces of info based on our current understanding of teh suns physics which is woefully inadequate
So you agree that the current knowledge is inadequate yet you make assertions that these lows will have no cooling, I am not making myself out to be anything. I just did as you requested. I googled and found the links that shut down your theory. You are stil yet to offer anything of substance. This is getting pathetic, and reminds me of a free energy thread i read somewhere. That went nowhere too. Keep up the good work.
Have you got any OP related input?

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 12:15 PM
link   

So you agree that the current knowledge is inadequate yet you make assertions that these lows will have no cooling,

Nope, I didint say that once, again showin gyour inability to read posts properly.

I am not making myself out to be anything. I just did as you requested. I googled and found the links that shut down your theory.

You havint shut anything down.

You are stil yet to offer anything of substance. This is getting pathetic, and reminds me of a free energy thread i read somewhere. That went nowhere too. Keep up the good work.

Again your wearing rose tited glasses and insulting me, you obviously havint noticed the video I posted that proves your theory horribly wrong.

Listen I respect your stance, I just dont agree with it.
Please stop aggresivly dampening what I saying.

You obviously have a problem with disagreeing with mainstream science, which is a big mistake.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join