It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Happenings to me...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 03:06 AM
link   
Ok so first off, i will state i am a very logical person, i scrutinize everything and try to come up with scientific explanations for things i encounter. This is just how i live, its comfortable to me.

However, that same personality has kept me from piecing things together for a long time as i may have been too quick to dismiss things as connected to other things.

Every so often i will wake up in the middle of the night, groggy to a degree and will get the feeling very strongly that i am in a different room than my own. To add detail to this feeling for you; i sleep in a dark room, barely any light at all, my alarm clock and the lights on my UPS and the smoke detector light. So its very dim and just enough that i can navigate to the door without knocking things over. In these instances i will wake up and the door won't be where it should be, the walls next to my bed (which is in the corner) won't be on the right side. Almost as if i had slept backwards (meaning switching head and feet positions) on my bed which i never do. Or if i was in a mirror and all things were backwards to me. But mostly, my spatial awareness tells me that it is not correct.

I have had that happen often enough that i just dismissed it as my being too tired and not fully awake yet. Because as i sit up and start to panic in my analyzing of this strange room it will slowly put itself back together, and it will be normal again. and i do mean put itself back together. As i look at things that shouldn't be, it will become correct as i stare. Everywhere i look in the room that happens, takes maybe 10 seconds or so and its all normal again. Being the logical person i assumed it MUST be i wasn't fully awake yet.

That changed the other night. I woke up, in the room, it was dark again. It was illuminated ever so slightly by my clock and smoke detector and i saw something. It wasn't a person or ghost and i did not get the feeling that there was someone in the room, but rather something. Hanging from the ceiling in the middle of the room was some sort of mechanical device. I can only describe it as a mechanical chandelier with arms containing strange devices. Maybe cameras and tools. It had hinges in the arms and i starred intently at it shocked and terrified. As i watched it started retracting (slowly and silently) the arms folded in on themselves and it pulled itself up to the ceiling. I watched until it was gone. I looked around there was nothing else, and no one.

Again i dismissed it as my mind playing tricks. But today i started thinking about things in my life.

Recently i was hospitalized for a serious heart condition. It wasn't a type requiring surgery, but it was serious enough that i could have died had i not sought medical help at the first sign. Furthermore my doctor said that this condition was common, but NOT in people my age. it happens to 80 year olds. I am mid 20's.

Then i remember how i noticed something was wrong enough to go to the hospital. I had just woken up. Literally i awoke with it. I went to bed fine and had never had it or felt anything similar before. The doctor thought it might have been brought on by heavy drinking but i was sober the night before and i don't drink often or in great amounts. Simple social drinking on weekends.

I started thinking about the theory that aliens come from other dimensions. And if that is true and they did want to experiment on people, would they really need to pull them into ships at all? Couldn't they simply merge a specific area of the earth with their own?

Could i have been somewhere else when i wake up in a different place? Then they put me back?

Could there have been a device from their realm in my room that left when it detected i was awake?

Could they have given me an unexplained heart condition? (which is gone now and the doc still hasn't provided an explanation for me)

Has anyone else had a similar experience?

Is this even the correct forum for this?

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 04:50 AM
link   
That is really strange.

I sleep in a very dark room, and have noticed that my direction sense is lost during sleep, and i dont have it usually the first moment i wake up either.

For instance, ill be laying there half asleep, thinking that my head is facing the wall and my feet are facing the TV, but then ill think 'no .. im laying the opposite way' and envision myself with my feet where my head is etc. each time it feels totally real and normal, like im actually laying that direction. i could see how someone would get confused.

but the machine that came thru the ceiling.. now that is wild. i know the type of thing your describing.. before transformers the movie came out, there were some pics of something just like it .. a metal flying drone with spikes and tools. never knew if it was a fake or not..

Id say you were still in near-sleep, semi-dreaming, kinda like when u wake up thinking what you dreamt actually happened, is gonna happen, or whatever. what a lousy trick that is.. ever get a really hot girls' number in your dream and try to remember it when you woke up? lol...

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 05:05 AM
link   
the not knowing where you are sleeping thing happens to me sometimes, when i stay at my dads on weekends i wake up at night and try to stand up but theres a side barrier (on a top bunk) before i remember im not in my bed.

anyways, can u draw the thing from the ceiling in paint or draw it on paper and scan it. doesnt matter if its not detailed just something that has a basic outline.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 05:43 AM
link   
That's pretty crazy, It could well possibly be Aliens or something else, or it could be just Schizophrenia..

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 05:59 AM
link   
You might like to read something about Out of Body experiences or Astral Travel. I seem to remember something about the astral body approaching the physical body from the 'wrong way round' when it re-enters.

Lucid dreaming would be another thing worth looking at.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 06:14 AM
link   
or a higher state of consiousness...(spelling)....I used to wake up a lot at 3:33am and could not explain why this happened....it happened for a few yrs but in the first few months I would wake up and look at the clock and see 3:33....one night, I woke up knowng it was going to be 3:33 and stayed in bed for 10 minutes without looking at the clock...then looked after 10 minutes and saw 3:33...this then alerted me and I started asking questions....it happened again recently when I was shopping...I rang my wife and asked her if we needed any yogurt, she said yes...I ended the call and it was 3:33pm when I rang and he pot of yoghurt was £3.33....again it happened when in Scotland....in my hotel room, I had a digital clock and automatically said to myself....Im going to wake up at 3:33 am...and I did....I dont have any explanations for it but the closest thing Ive come to is that we are going into a higher state of consiousness without knowing....

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 06:19 AM
link   
VP....when I finished my above post...I saw your points and you had 33 ats and 3 bts...333...

damn...

[edit on 4/9/2008 by booda]

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Thanks for the replies.

I still hope i was only dreaming. I don't like the idea of being messed with when i'm not aware, though i guess i probably wouldn't care for it when i was aware either.

It certainly didnt feel like i was dreaming since there was no real barrier between what would have been the dream and being awake. These instances i rarely go right back to sleep so from when i first awake through the 'event' and until it's over i feel the same, aware though groggy.

As for drawing the thing in the ceiling i can do that, it will probably be semi-accurate ( i fancy myself an artist ) so ill work on that.

The 3:33 thing, that would freak me out!! i tend to always notice the time being XX:11 whatever the hour, always 11 minutes so i can relate!

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Would a camera or video camera hooked up to a motion detector, pick up anything? Tape recorder? Might be worth it just to ease your mind.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 12:57 AM
link   
there was another post a bit ago if i remember a girl posted about something almost like
what you described .. i think she even drew a picture .. i have no idea what to search for
on here to find it.. but it reminded me of her post when you where describing what you saw.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 01:51 AM
link   
What heart condition did you have not requiring surgery?
You could have just been hallucinating/delirious.
Was it an infection?
"Could they have given me an unexplained heart condition? (which is gone now and the doc still hasn't provided an explanation for me)"
If it was a serious heart condition as you say, how could the doctor not have an explanation for you?
Obviously some explanation would be needed to state you have a serious heart condition in the first place would it not?

[edit on 5-9-2008 by Interestinggg]

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 02:59 AM
link   
Wow thankyou for sharing.
Just this morning the end of my bed was shaking vigorously and it woke me up and my husband got up for work about 10 mins later but i was too tired to care what it was.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 06:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Interestinggg
What heart condition did you have not requiring surgery?
You could have just been hallucinating/delirious.
Was it an infection?
"Could they have given me an unexplained heart condition? (which is gone now and the doc still hasn't provided an explanation for me)"
If it was a serious heart condition as you say, how could the doctor not have an explanation for you?
Obviously some explanation would be needed to state you have a serious heart condition in the first place would it not?

[edit on 5-9-2008 by Interestinggg]

An irregular Heart Beat. It was serious because when it happens blood pools in the heart and can clot and thus can cause a stroke or death. I had a CardioVersion to fix it which basically electrocutes my heart to force it back into normal beatings.

Again thats common for the elderly but not the young without a heart condition that is permanent or without having previously suffered a heart attack. That i don't have. The doctor has not yet told me what he thinks brought it about and since it was repaired with the procedure i hope it wont come back.

So serious and life threatening without being permanent and requiring surgery. It did cost me a pretty penny though to be put in the hospital!

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 01:29 PM
link   
veepee, when you apparently woke up, you didn't Physical wake up. Was it dark enough that you weren't able to see the actual texture of your physical surrounding?
If not physical texture, But you did indeed see something that gives you the hint and clues of what is a wall, what is a door, and such basic shape. I believe that you experiencing Clairvoyance: Seeing from the Third Eye. Your pineal gland is producing '___' while your sleeping, it's open and awaken while your sleeping, possibly you woke up and had the ability of Clairvoyance, you were able to see either fuzzy or clear pictures of your surrounding but totally from a different angle than your physical body. When you realized something was strange, you try to wake up, from the moment of clairvoyance to physical awake, you were witnessing input visuals from the "third eye" and then a changen to "physical eye" input. This all happened in the dark, so it wasn't easy to see the different of the two. That is when your actually wake up.

My 2 Cents

new topics

top topics

join