It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Joe Biden, the foreign policy expert, cannot keep Osama/Obama straight

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 06:33 PM
link   
blogs.abcnews.com...

At a town hall meeting at the Palm Beach County Convention Center in West Palm Beach, Florida, Sen. Joe Biden, D-Del, ignored pleas from his staff to wrap up, and riffed for an hour and 15 minutes.

The evening was full of Biden-isms, including the inevitable Obama/Osama slip, made when Biden was discussing the mountainous Afghanistan-Pakistan border "where Obama, Osama Bin Laden lives, and Obama wants to go to get him."

I think Joe must be senile.

Mod Edit: For ex tags

1c.) Intellectual Property: You will not post any copyrighted material, material belonging to another person, material previously posted by you on another website nor link to any copyrighted material without providing proper attribution, as defined by The Owners, to its original source.
Terms and Conditions

Additionally, Please Provide More Of Your Own Content When SubMitting A Thread. We'd Rather Hear Your Thoughts Than Read A Just A Snippet That We Could Seek Out On Our Own.

[edit on 3-9-2008 by MemoryShock]

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by mabus325

The evening was full of Biden-isms, including the inevitable Obama/Osama slip, made when Biden was discussing the mountainous Afghanistan-Pakistan border "where Obama, Osama Bin Laden lives, and Obama wants to go to get him."

I think Joe must be senile.

Riiiight. It's not like the two names are similar or anything. Must be senility and/or a lack of foreign policy creds.

Is this what ATS has become? Maybe we could get another Palin thread going too.

Double

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 06:38 PM
link   
He's human. People make dumb mistakes all the time. What does this have to do with their policies??
Should people not vote for them because of this?? Lets keep in mind that their names sound alike, so its not an uncommon mistake. It def.don't say that they are bad people.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 06:39 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Have you heard our current president speak?????
What are you trying to prove? I'm not understanding the significance of this post, but I keep looking on the hope that you will come up with something credible.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by mabus325

It happens. He also made some comment a few days ago where he forgot the 'vice' part of vice president when referring to himself. Neither one is really a big deal, but he does make his share of verbal miscues on the trail, no doubt.

Then again, if you're Barack Obama you really, really don't want your VP to be reinforcing that similarity in names to the average voter, even if just accidentally.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 06:46 PM
link   
The names are very similar, and would be easy to confuse. Maybe in his mind he doesn't make that great of a distinction between the two either. Yeah, he's probably just getting senile though..

[edit on 3-9-2008 by LLoyd45]

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 06:50 PM
link   
They are similiar and both Muslim in orgin, so an easy mistake.

Haven't seen Biden take on the attack role yet, but am sure we'll see something from the old war horse soon.

[edit on 3-9-2008 by jetxnet]

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by jetxnet
They are similiar and both Muslim in orgin, so an easy mistake.

Haven't seen Biden take on the attack role yet, but am sure we'll see something from the old war horse soon.

[edit on 3-9-2008 by jetxnet]

Oh, I'm sure its going to get very ugly in the next couple months. We haven't seen anything yet

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by KaginD
Have you heard our current president speak?????
What are you trying to prove? I'm not understanding the significance of this post, but I keep looking on the hope that you will come up with something credible.

Have you heard the way Obama speaks without a teleprompter? Every other syllable is "uh".

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 07:07 PM
link   
At least he can speak without a teleprompter. He doesn't have someone else telling him what to say.. That kinda reminds me of something.. A puppet!

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 07:15 PM
link   

At least he can speak without a teleprompter. He doesn't have someone else telling him what to say.. That kinda reminds me of something.. A puppet!

Yea like the time he said his uncle liberated Auschwitz, or the 57 U S sates.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 07:22 PM
link   
And Mccain doesn't know how many houses he owns, yada yada yada.. We heard all of this before. What is your point? I don't know if you noticed, but this is not a new topic. Unless you have something new, this thread says nothing but the same ol' same ol'. So please, what is your constructive reasoning behind this post????

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Mabus is an intellectual gnat. Much like most people commenting in the political topics. What he doesn't realize is that this is the very thing people are tired of. People realize that even presidents make monumental gaffes. Hell, I could post all night long on Bush's mistakes. So could anyone here, I am assuming. This sort of topic is a complete waste of time...

Goodnight.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 08:26 PM
link   

And Mccain doesn't know how many houses he owns, yada yada yada.. We heard all of this before. What is your point? I don't know if you noticed, but this is not a new topic. Unless you have something new, this thread says nothing but the same ol' same ol'. So please, what is your constructive reasoning behind this post????

SCRANTON PA???

I'm in california and we are a lock ( no ads)... HOW are the TV ads going out there?

I would love a short report.

HOW about word on the ground?

IN CA I have not seen 1 - not even 1 MCCAIN bumper sticker here.

I'm sure it will change but it is odd indeed.

[edit on 3-9-2008 by mental modulator]

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 08:28 PM
link   
There may be a conspiracy here after all!

SkepticOverlord:

I can confirm that we [ATS] are currently getting a lot of activity (member-based) from an IP-range associated with the Republican party... for what it's worth.

Things that make you go hmmm

[edit on 3-9-2008 by Rren]

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 08:40 PM
link   
I tried to mention this last night with my postings about (even created a thread about on below top secret, by mistake) that this place is currently a disinfo haven. This IS HAPPENING, folks. wake up

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 08:48 PM
link   
this is even funnier:

blogs.abcnews.com...

"And for the third time since his acceptance speech a week ago, the chairman of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee confused battalions and brigades.

“Over a year and a half ago,” Biden said of Obama. “He said we need two more combat battalions in Afghanistan.”

Actually, Obama called for two more combat brigades.

A brigade is bigger than a battalion -- a brigade, in fact, is composed of a varying number of battalions."

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Wait a minute, the Republican party gets its own IP range?
So if you become a member they give you a new IP? Never heard of this before, how do you find out what your IP range classifies you as? This sounds just like the zodiac sign that comes with your birth certificate.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by mental modulator

SCRANTON PA???

I'm in california and we are a lock ( no ads)... HOW are the TV ads going out there?

I would love a short report.

HOW about word on the ground?

IN CA I have not seen 1 - not even 1 MCCAIN bumper sticker here.

I'm sure it will change but it is odd indeed.

[edit on 3-9-2008 by mental modulator]

There have been some ads. Mostly Mccain ads talking about how Obama is a superstar and how he has a friend in the weather underground.. There have been more of the AARP commercials then anything. I just moved here in May, and when we got here there were a lot of Ron Paul signs on the side of the road and in from of homes. Since he is not a candidate, I have seen nothing but Obama signs. I don't think I have seen one Mccain bumper sticker or sign yet. My boyfriend delivers furniture all day, and he said that he is starting to see a couple Mccain signs, but not nearly as much as Obama. We have family in NJ, and its a dif. story out there. For every one Mccain sign, there is an Obama right behind it. So far from what I have seen, it looks like Obama might take PA, Mccain for NY, and NJ is going to be a toss up. Thats just based on signs and bumpr stickers though, hardly a way to tell.

top topics

join