It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reverend Wright, Meet Ed Kalnins - Palin's Own "Pastor Disaster"

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Turns out Gov. Palin has her own "Pastor Disaster" akin to Rev. Wright... except she's been a member of this church since she was 12.

Some choice bits from Ed Kalnins, pastor of the Wasilla Assembly of God:

During the 2004 election season, he praised President Bush's performance during a debate with Sen. John Kerry, then offered a not-so-subtle message about his personal candidate preferences. "I'm not going tell you who to vote for, but if you vote for this particular person, I question your salvation. I'm sorry." Kalnins added: "If every Christian will vote righteously, it would be a landslide every time."

Months after hinting at possible damnation for Kerry supporters, Kalnins bristled at the treatment President Bush was receiving over the federal government's handling of Hurricane Katrina. "I hate criticisms towards the President," he said, "because it's like criticisms towards the pastor -- it's almost like, it's not going to get you anywhere, you know, except for hell. That's what it'll get you."

So anyone who votes for a Democrat is going to hell... charming.

In his sermons, Pastor Kalnins has also expressed beliefs that, while not directly political, lie outside of mainstream Christian thought. He preaches repeatedly about the "end times" or "last days," an apocalyptic prophesy held by a small but vocal group of Christian leaders. During his appearance with Palin in June, he declared, "I believe Alaska is one of the refuge states in the last days, and hundreds of thousands of people are going to come to the state to seek refuge and the church has to be ready to minister to them."

Great - so now we're going to have an "end-times" nut one heartbeat away from the nuclear football - this can only end well

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Do you have a link or something, that would be nice?

Well, once to media finds out about this, they are going to jump all over it, pretty quickly. I have no idea what this could mean for her. If someone shoots that link to Fox or CNN...

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Doh!

Sorry, I knew I forgot something

Here is the link: Palin's Church May Have Shaped Controversial Worldview

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 04:06 PM
link   
I fail to see a link to a source, or how exactly this poses as a disaster for Palin? There was no profanity, no anti-americanism, no wild conspiracies about AIDS, no references to the KKK, etc..

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by truth_seeker3

The media won't jump on it. Eschatological fetishism and foam-at-the-mouth Dominionism is exactly what we expect from the Chrstiain Right. If you don't vote Republican you're going to hell? Oh, those wacky Evangelicals. What won't they say next?

This isn't to say Palin isn't vulnerable. Her daughter getting knocked up out of wedlock may be just disgusting enough to some rightwing Christians to get them to stay home, and the fact that she has already lawyered up over improprieites in her administration in Alaska makes it look like she might be the biggest trainwreck in the 2 slot since Eagleton.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by xmotex

Thank xmotex as usual you bring a great thread, is interesting to see how the dirty rags comes out of the closet.

I guess if Ms. Palin knew that her pastor's words were going to hunt her 4 years later she probably would have distanced from him.

But as devout born again Christian she has to stand next to her pastor.

I am loving all this stuff that is getting out to the public view.

And as for her daughter getting knock out, well Leo Loeb you are right many staunch bible thumpers will never let that one go.

Then you most wonder, propaganda sure is making its mark in this elections.

[edit on 2-9-2008 by marg6043]

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 04:19 PM
link   
I'm certain all the dirty laundry on both sides have yet to be aired out in public. Things are just going to get nastier and nastier the closer we get to November 4th..

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 04:22 PM
link   
The pastor at the Assembly of God Church in Wasilla was Paul Riley. Sorry you got your facts back assword. The church is located past the Wasilla Senior housing center off Knik Goose Bay Road. The reason I know that is between the years of 1981- 1998 I use to tell people WRONG REILLY ... his name is RILEY

[edit on 2-9-2008 by Skydancer]

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by xmotex

Your comparing that to what reverand Wright said?

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Nice try!!!
This guy is nothing compared to the Rev. Wright!!!

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Actually, "vote for Bush or you're going to burn in hell" is a good deal worse than anything Wright said

Comments like that may sound perfectly reasonable to the right wing nut crowd, but the average American is going to find them rather shocking.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 04:37 PM
link   
That is not what it says. He is talking about criticizing the President. I tell you, it doesn't matter what party is what, the President of the United States deserves respect. He is our commander and chief, elected by the people. That's why I hate when people talk bad about JFK. He paid the ultimate price and should be given the utmost respect no matter how you feel about his leadership.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 10:17 PM
link   
How about we all we be heading to Alaska because that he where Jesus is going to meet us.

64.233.169.104...:UDq2CfU6GVQJ:www.blinkx.com/video/wasilla-assembly-of-god-church-alaska-pastor-ed-kalnins-the-power-of-god-word/H YuNaaAMjUg9NKbZpphzpw+Ed+Kalnins+Wasilla+Church&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=7&gl=us

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by xmotex

I'm not passing judgment on this or not.

I'm just curious when you cite as your source an article from Huffington, and that article cites no source, how trustworthy can the information be?

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Hmmm...
"It is a sin to vote for a politician who holds the belief & political stance that abortion is "a woman's choice" and it isn't murder nor is it everyone's duty to try and protect the lives of the unborn." and "We are seeing the Revelations unfolding and approaching the end times."

vs.

innumerable babblings of an insane man against America, American politics, and eugenics all of which made any African American who previously or currently stand up for him and espouse his ideals look like a fool...

Seems like before Ed Kalnins worries about meeting Jeremiah Wright he should start out by meeting some people more on his relatively normal level... like 75-80% of all Christians who believe in prophecy.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by jamie83
reply to post by xmotex

I'm not passing judgment on this or not.

I'm just curious when you cite as your source an article from Huffington, and that article cites no source, how trustworthy can the information be?

Huffington is a Democratic Party puppet. Like when people here use sock puppets. Same thing. No need for sources as it is targeted at Partisans.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 12:01 AM
link   
They took down the pastors website that had ALL the videos posted. Also had some of "Stalin" herself saying some weird stuff..

There are copies floating around . I'll try and dig a few choice ones up .

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 01:45 AM
link   
The article cited as it's source the pastor's own internet video files, which were on the church's own website until this story broke.

Fortunately, I am certain the files have been pretty widely passed around the internet by now.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Question: Assembly of God - isn't that Pentecostal?

Just curious.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by kosmicjack
Question: Assembly of God - isn't that Pentecostal?

Just curious.

Yep, Charismatic Pentecostal. I was born & raised in the A of G church & my mother is an ordained minister in the same. Why do you ask?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join