It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The GOP and Sex ED

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by caballero

You want to teach kids the right way, take promiscuous sex out of the media for one.

[edit on 3-9-2008 by caballero]

Won't happen. We live in a "microwave" society where if we want something, we want it now. No waiting for marriage, or even commitment. Do what feels good while you can, deal with and suffer the consequences later.
It won't change unless everyone stands up, and by everyone, I don't mean school and government programs or religious groups. I mean teenagers themselves, and whoever influences them. Music, TV, etc.
But sex makes money, so why should we get rid of it? Profit over people. (Noam Chomsky)

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

I dont know what planet youre from but here on earth there is a big difference between promiscuous sex and sex that is beautiful.

I realize sex sells and thats why our problems wont be solved because you wont get it out of the media and you wont have everyone rally to the cause. People like sex sex feels good it looks good, it is good. With that in mind what can we do to solve the pregnancy problem?

We teach kids that sex shouldnt be promiscuous that it should have some meaning behind it.

For(home)country-
very true thats why trying to preace "no sex equals safe sex" will not ever work. People need to realize that yea not having sex will not lead to pregnancy but, the way our society is it wont work so change the gameplan.

[edit on 3-9-2008 by caballero]

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Uniceft17

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by caballero
I realize sex sells and thats why our problems wont be solved because you wont get it out of the media and you wont have everyone rally to the cause.

What are you blaming me for, I'm just the piano player!!

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by pluckynoonez

Great pic. And so frakking true. Hypocrits.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

No no I wasnt blaming you, I do blame the media and the gov't though.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Taking (promiscuous or any other kind of) sex out of the media isn't exactly going to solve our problem. That's like saying let's take all the gang/violence/robbery/drug/etc out of the movies and people will stop doing these things. Firstly, it's never going to happen and second, that's not going to stop kids from being curious about sex. You can do and say whatever you want to your kids but when it comes down to it if they want to do it they're going to do it...and they're going to do it their way most of the time.

I don't, however, think sex education in the schools is a bad thing. There are too many parents out there who don't feel comfortable talking about sex with thier kids...I'd rather them learn about it in school than not learn about it at all.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 04:04 AM
link   
reply to post by MissValentine

A few points.

Yes we wont ever get promiscuous sex out of the media, but if it were by some divine chance to happen then it would help, it would have to be coupled with education on what sex is and what it should mean to the kids. Yes they will be curious still but they wont see promiscuity (sp?) everywhere they look, and they would be getting taught that sex is something that should be meaningful.

You are very right also its the parents job not the schools job, parents will have a far greater impact than teachers.

[edit on 4-9-2008 by caballero]

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join