It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Store Item idea

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2004 @ 07:40 PM
link   
How about avatars for sale??? like some kool ones like yours william or some custom avatar creations. Or even maybe auction off the greatist avatar of all time. Netty's gorilla

posted on Mar, 18 2004 @ 07:42 PM
link   

How about avatars for sale??? like some kool ones like yours william or some custom avatar creations. Or even maybe auction off the greatist avatar of all time. Netty's gorilla

I love it, avatars for sale. Why didn't I think of it before?

posted on Mar, 18 2004 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Very good idea! I like it.

posted on Mar, 18 2004 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Or maybe that software that SO uses to have different avatars at the same time.

posted on Mar, 18 2004 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Yes! I like it. What about both? It would be an excellent combination. Methinks the store items are too few in number, if I may humbly sell my opinion.

DE

posted on Mar, 18 2004 @ 09:48 PM
link   
I don't see why anyone would buy one when with a little effort, they could just find one they like around the internet or make one.

I think we should have a best avatar contest for MORE points. I think that would get people to put up the best avatars they can.

I know it's probably an issue of bandwidth, but I think it would be better if lurkers and basement dwellers could see the avatars, too. Just to peak interest.

DC

posted on Mar, 19 2004 @ 12:02 AM
link   
I think it is a great idea. The only problem is this: How much do you charge for an Avatar? There must be different prices for different avatars, because some are more technologically advanced than others. And the avatar gallery would have to be immense, in order to provide a sufficient selection, compatible with all interests and personalities.

Mr. M

posted on Mar, 19 2004 @ 01:08 AM
link   
It's going to turn into the file sharing thing again...

right click...save target as...

see, one person shells out, and the rest get it for free. that's no fun.

*whistles to self*

*wanders off*

posted on Mar, 19 2004 @ 01:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Loki
It's going to turn into the file sharing thing again...

right click...save target as...

see, one person shells out, and the rest get it for free. that's no fun.

*whistles to self*

*wanders off*

bingo. that's exactly what I was thinking, but without the cool exit. pretty slick, Loki! But yeah... that and the fact that you can probably find a more suitable picture on the world wide web than anything you can find for sale at the ATS store. Also because the collection of avatars would be limited by the amount of time spent by moderators gathering and uploading such pictures, and it's not like they have all the time in the world. They're people, too, you know.

posted on Mar, 19 2004 @ 01:34 AM
link   
You could have a copyright enforcement team heheh

posted on Mar, 21 2004 @ 12:38 PM
link   
yes that would be a problem but im sure we can think of a way to stop that lol give the mods actually something to do (lol just messing) and heres another idea. ATS wallpaper for your desktop or screen savers. Yes again i know i can mak ethem myself but the peopel who cant or dont have time its a great thing to have. Also to have the officiall ats screen saver is kool. its a great way to promote teh site and a good way to spend those hard earned points.

posted on Mar, 21 2004 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeltaChaos
I don't see why anyone would buy one when with a little effort, they could just find one they like around the internet or make one.

I think we should have a best avatar contest for MORE points. I think that would get people to put up the best avatars they can.

I know it's probably an issue of bandwidth, but I think it would be better if lurkers and basement dwellers could see the avatars, too. Just to peak interest.

DC

Dude your avatar is cool where dyou get it from?

posted on Mar, 21 2004 @ 12:45 PM
link   
what about if ATS "employed" someone to make avatars to order at so many points per avatar? It's the only way that I can think of that it could be done without people actually ripping them off from the store.

posted on Mar, 21 2004 @ 12:46 PM
link   
"Employed" do you mean getting paid? if so not a bad idea but again only Simon or SO have a say in this.

posted on Mar, 21 2004 @ 12:48 PM
link   
well I don't know about getting paid as such, but I suppose they could get a percentage of points per avatar they designed.

posted on Mar, 21 2004 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Thats what i thought maybe DarkLanser could design them.

posted on Mar, 21 2004 @ 12:52 PM
link   
I'm not quite sure how that would work as an actual store item though???? you would have to purchase a credit I suppose but I don't know how you could then get to use it?? I don't know how it could work.

posted on Mar, 21 2004 @ 01:01 PM
link   
I like the idea of being able to buy the software SO uses to change your avatar, but I don't see how you could make buying avatars work.

posted on Mar, 21 2004 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by John Nada
I like the idea of being able to buy the software SO uses to change your avatar, but I don't see how you could make buying avatars work.

Sell them for points simple as that.

posted on Mar, 21 2004 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by drunk
Sell them for points simple as that.

Thank you Mr "Stating the bleeding obvious" drunk.

I mean people can get great avatars anywhere as well as create their own, so I don't see how it's a good addition. It doesn't hurt me none though.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join