It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Brilliance of Sarah Palin for VP

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by SavageHenry

Originally posted by jsobecky

McCain is more viable. Says who? The voting public.

More people watched Obama's speech on TV then people who are going to vote for McCain this year.

I know you'd like to think so, but this isn't about wishes. It's about the brilliant move of choosing Sarah Palin for VP.

Excellent choice. Smart, spunky woman, who scares the hell out of libs.

And, she's a better shot than Cheney!

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Here's why it doesn't matter that McCain stole Obama's thunder with his veep:

Because Obama didn't just make one fantastic speech, he is a FANTASTIC SPEAKER and so unless McCain drops a bomb after every Obama speech, it won't matter in the long run.

EDIT: Here's another reason: What was it? 38 million people tuned in to Obama? How many of those tune into the news regularly enough to have been affected by McCain's next-day story? I contend that even if it dominated the news it didn't dominate the minds of the 38 million who tuned in to see the guy speak. Perhaps McCain's viewing numbers will give us the big clue either way.

[edit on 2-9-2008 by Jeremy_Vaeni]

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 04:17 PM
link   

reply to post by mhc_70

Well we know what you were not doing last Thursday night...

Because thats all he is good at...speeches!!!

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by mhc_70
So I guess the more folks listen to Obama the more they realise McCain is more viable.

Yeah, you're right. Did you listen to that speech last Thursday? Very weird - I was waiting for this great orator, and all I heard was fragmented, disjointed, disconnected attacks on John McCain. A total flop as far as acceptance speeches.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Jeremy_Vaeni

Originally posted by Jeremy_Vaeni
Here's why it doesn't matter that McCain stole Obama's thunder with his veep:

Because Obama didn't just make one fantastic speech, he is a FANTASTIC SPEAKER and so unless McCain drops a bomb after every Obama speech, it won't matter in the long run.

A more accurate statement would be that he has good speechwriters. He is impotent without a teleprompter, a stuttering, stammering, insecure babbler.

EDIT: Here's another reason: What was it? 38 million people tuned in to Obama? How many of those tune into the news regularly enough to have been affected by McCain's next-day story? I contend that even if it dominated the news it didn't dominate the minds of the 38 million who tuned in to see the guy speak. Perhaps McCain's viewing numbers will give us the big clue either way.
[edit on 2-9-2008 by Jeremy_Vaeni]

And the very small bump he got that dissipated like a snowflake in July shows that people were mostly underwhelmed by his speech, and more excited over the choice of Palin.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by David_KOK
Hey Jamie, very good point. Also, don't forget the "PUMAS" i.e., ex-Clinton supporters. They're making waves. The latest is that fox news host greta van susteren's husband; a one time Clinton supporter has openly backed McCain/Palin.

I didn't think much of the "PUMAS" until I seen them mentioned on the fox news website. Then I was surprised to see they've got their own website.

www.hillaryclintonforum.net...

You do know that Fox NEWS is the least reliable source of factual information and is, in fact, and entertainment channel, not a news channel. They can lie if they feel like it, they won that right in court.

I am just saying, that if I were trying to say something actually did or did not happen, I would not quote Faux News.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by mhc_70

I am sorry... Was that post directed at you?

No..

Back to your bridge troll... You left your hooked on phonics running...

Please remember to finish the program before wandering out into the literate world.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 05:09 PM
link   

reply to post by mhc_70

I am sorry... Was that post directed at you?

No..

Back to your bridge troll... You left your hooked on phonics running...

Please remember to finish the program before wandering out into the literate world.

Its a public forum.

I was not trolling, I was looking for something of substance, but was overwhelmed by the BS.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Nice post!

It's funny how Obama studied marketing strategies to sell himself to voters.

McCain went with the old "bait and switch" business strategy that has been used successfully by businesses for years.

Running the country really is a business - the President is the CEO and Congress is the board-of-directors.

Brillant move, maybe Obama can use something similar in his next election for Senate.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by jetxnet

Seriously dude, how old are you. How can I take anything you say serious when as an American I hear(read) you spelling lying as lieing..

"Obama is lieing to you"...Correction: Obama is lying to you..

I am shocked. But this is totally off topic so to go back on topic I will add this.

Over the past couple of days I really had to do some self reflection on what I think is the right decision for America. I wanted my vote to count and mean something and didn't want to select someone who I believed is wrong for this country. I was for Ron Paul but he dropped out. Then I switched to Obama. I admitted that Obama was inexperienced but still felt he posses the skills and the natural abilities to be a good leader for this nation. I was all for him while still having that experience doubt in my mind.

Then McCain made this "I don't have a word to describe it" decision to pick Sarah Palin. I mean, COME ON..WOW..I would not have a problem with him picking an inexperienced VP but the fact that he's an older gentleman and he has medical problems and GOD forbid, he might leave this world. This man would be leaving the office of the President to Sarah Palin???Insert Instant Headache

I don't care if her daughter had sex with a 100 men. That is not my business. If she chose to keep the child that is good news as I am against abortion up to a certain period. So people's families and kids really don't bother me.

This woman has ZERO-0-Zilch experience to be president. Her foreign Policy is because she neighbors Canada and Russia. She is the Governor of Alaska with a population of about 700,000 people.

With that said. I really have to rethink the value of experience

McCain: Highly experienced but the Bomb Bomb Bomb Iran did it for me

Obama: Would be perfect in 10+ years but one can't discount the character of the man and the possibilities he posses. He has managed to draw millions of people to him. 38 million people took time away from their busy schedule to watch him.

Biden: Experienced (I don't want to hear about him taking the train one more time) Probably the best Candidate in my Opinion.

Sarah Palin: Has been a Governor for about 2 years. Admittedly made some bold moves while on her way from Mayor to Governor. I want people to really study Alaska and you will find out that Alaska is not a poor state, nor a highly populated state, nor a state that has crimes like other states. For a person who recently got her passport 4 years ago I am sorry this is just not right. Please Sarah, go travel the World, see what other states inside your own country goes through. Its not all ice creams and snow cones.

So with that Said, I think out of the 4 Biden should be the president with Obama has his VP. Since it cannot be changed lets see what happens with the reverse.

PS. To all the Liberals-Democrats, be careful the conservatives are setting us up for this one. Don't make comments that Sarah Palin is unqualified are you will be labeled a SEXIST. Its beginning to happen and it will only get worst.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by walkinghomer

So with that Said, I think out of the 4 Biden should be the president with Obama has his VP. Since it cannot be changed lets see what happens with the reverse.

Even his own party threw him overboard in the first caucus (Iowa). He failed to get even one percent of the vote there.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Ha, that sucking sound you hear is the sound of the big blue liberal machine imploding on itself. Such a big grand finale in Denver and Barack is only ahead by a couple of points.
I agree Jamie, good strategy with Palin, perfect timing.
I'm still waiting for the feminists to come out and attack her.
A few good points about Palin, she's a member of the NRA, she is hot, she eats moose burgers, she is hot, she skins bear, she is hot, she rides a snow mobile, she is hot.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 07:08 PM
link   
The McCain puppetmasters may be taking advantage of the majority of the population that's addicted to reality TV. Throw in as much drama as possible and reel 'em in. It's a psychological game and it works very well because most of the population's lives revolve around the television and all the drama and suspense it has to offer.

edit to correct typo.

[edit on 2-9-2008 by annestacey]

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by walkinghomer

Seriously dude, how old are you. How can I take anything you say serious when as an American I hear(read) you spelling lying as lieing..

"Obama is lieing to you"...Correction: Obama is lying to you..

Thanks for labeling yourself as an elitist right-off the bat.

I am shocked. But this is totally off topic so to go back on topic I will add this.

Over the past couple of days I really had to do some self reflection on what I think is the right decision for America. I wanted my vote to count and mean something and didn't want to select someone who I believed is wrong for this country. I was for Ron Paul but he dropped out. Then I switched to Obama. I admitted that Obama was inexperienced but still felt he posses the skills and the natural abilities to be a good leader for this nation. I was all for him while still having that experience doubt in my mind.

Why do you feel he posseses these skills and natural abilities to be a leader?

He has yet to demonstrate the ambition, let alone the ability, unless ofcourse the spot-light is involved, to posses any leadership skills.

Then McCain made this "I don't have a word to describe it" decision to pick Sarah Palin. I mean, COME ON..WOW..I would not have a problem with him picking an inexperienced VP but the fact that he's an older gentleman and he has medical problems and GOD forbid, he might leave this world. This man would be leaving the office of the President to Sarah Palin???Insert Instant Headache

McCain has been labeled by some as "too old" to run for president. However, aside from moderately high cholesterol, for which he takes medication, doctors say McCain is in exemplary shape for his age.

I don't care if her daughter had sex with a 100 men. That is not my business. If she chose to keep the child that is good news as I am against abortion up to a certain period. So people's families and kids really don't bother me.

Werd

This woman has ZERO-0-Zilch experience to be president. Her foreign Policy is because she neighbors Canada and Russia. She is the Governor of Alaska with a population of about 700,000 people.

POTUS primary duty is make desicions.

Govenors primary duty is make desicions.

Senators duty is legislate (give speaches) on why this or that bill, law etc. is good or bad.

Senor senators (Biden) often author those bills and look for jr. senators (Obama) to sponsor them.

Then they take a vote.

With that said. I really have to rethink the value of experience

I was hoping so...

McCain: Highly experienced but the Bomb Bomb Bomb Iran did it for me

Your going to let a parody that didn't even top Weird Al himself decide your vote?

Obama: Would be perfect in 10+ years but one can't discount the character of the man and the possibilities he posses. He has managed to draw millions of people to him. 38 million people took time away from their busy schedule to watch him.

I agree, if the next 10 years he showed us and not just told us.

Biden: Experienced (I don't want to hear about him taking the train one more time) Probably the best Candidate in my Opinion.

Maybe, but he was a miserable failure in the primaries.

Sarah Palin: Has been a Governor for about 2 years. Admittedly made some bold moves while on her way from Mayor to Governor. I want people to really study Alaska and you will find out that Alaska is not a poor state, nor a highly populated state, nor a state that has crimes like other states. For a person who recently got her passport 4 years ago I am sorry this is just not right. Please Sarah, go travel the World, see what other states inside your own country goes through. Its not all ice creams and snow cones.

Obama has been in the US senate for 3 years and running a campaign for POTUS for the last 2, hasn't left much time to be a senator!

My guess is your are a moderate dem. I would be careful, because the far left is taking over your party.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 07:17 PM
link   
I would like to also add this...

Since this party lost a day due to the hurricane coverage... expect more of the brainwashing techniques to be pushed into the remaining days of the convention. It should be easier to spot.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 07:19 PM
link   
I must be getting old. What ever happened to looking at some ones record and then seeing how their record lines up with ones own values? Checking on their ability to be a leader through their proven acts. See how they have reacted under stress and the people they seek out for advice. Do they put the rule of law above their own personal ideas? Lastly if you are in a real FUBAR who would you most want in the muck next to you? I am still in the process of doing this. I have made up my mind about one of the four and I would not trust that person to save my life for all the money in the world.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by waterdoctor
I have made up my mind about one of the four and I would not trust that person to save my life for all the money in the world.

Then you need to look again...

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by mhc_70

Odd, do you feel that you would like to share a fox hole with any of the four and that I am being unfair and that I should change my view of one of the candidates? Or am I being to slow in making up my mind about the other three? Just because some one does not support all my goals does not make them a P.O.S. it just means that I may not support them.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 08:19 PM
link   
I have to agree with the comment by jamie: "She is NOT just ANY women. To make such a claim is a display of pure ignorance on your part." The more I find out about her she is not just any woman....she is more of a valley girl type with power......kinda scary. Here is a bit from an article about Mcain trying to muffle Ron Paul (which I think any republican should have endorsed)

The McCain campaign’s stonewalling of Ron Paul may not have the support of his vice presidential pick, Gov. Sarah Palin. In an interview with MTV earlier this year, Palin expressed support for Paul, saying that he was “cool“:

He’s cool. He’s a good guy. He’s a good guy. He’s so independent. He’s independent of like the party machine, I’m like, right on, so am I. The party machinery, on both sides of the party, ya know, Americans are tiring of the incessant partisanship that gets in the way of just doing the right thing for this country.

Full article here: thinkprogress.org...

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by annestacey
I would like to also add this...

Since this party lost a day due to the hurricane coverage... expect more of the brainwashing techniques to be pushed into the remaining days of the convention. It should be easier to spot.

So the RNC is "brainwashing", but the DNC was what..."enlightenment"?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join