It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help me identify my flying objects!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 08:15 AM
link   
To open with a cliche, since I was knee high to a grasshopper I've been fascinated by UFO's, the possibilty of intelligent extra terrestrial life and the nature of the universe itself. Twenty years down the line from my budding enthusiasm for these subjects and a great deal of research later my interest has only increased. I am now one hundred percent certain that there is intelligent life elsewhere in the universe and ninety percent certain that we are being or have been visited by at least one other civilisation technologically in advance of our own. I also believe that a number of governments/organisations harbour proof that this is the case. However I now tend to approach all accounts of alien abductions, visitations, sightings and contact with a healthy degree of skepticism.

Personally I have seen two UFO's myself, both within the last two years and I would love to hear your opinions on what they could have been. I use the term UFO in the manner it was originally intended i.e. something in the sky for which I cannot find a reasonable explanation and not as so many do as a byword for an alien spacecraft.

The first was two years ago on a camping trip with a group of fifteen friends aged between eighteen and fifty five from all walks of life.

It was around eleven o'clock at night, darkness had fallen completely and the sky was clear and cloudless. We all saw a star sized light moving across the sky at great speed, faster and higher than any aeroplane. It looked much like a satellite does when it whizzes across the sky, taking only a matter of twenty or thirty seconds to traverse the area of the sky visible from the ground. What was odd about this was that its movements were extremely erratic, moving quickly in one direction before making aparently instantaneous ninety degree turns, speeding up and slowing down as it went but heading at least generally in the same direction.

The second was in the spring of this year on another clear and cloudless night. I was sitting in my garden with my girlfriend having a cigarette. We saw a green ball of light moving around above us, following no apparent flight pattern. This time it seemed to be pulsating and also growing slowly brighter and dimmer as it moved around. After about twenty minutes it disappeared behind some trees. We waited about ten more minutes but it did not reappear.

I welcome all your opinions regarding this post. I approach everything with an open but skeptical mind.

:-)

[edit on 2-9-2008 by digdeep]

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 08:43 AM
link   
It's a bummer we don't all have professional camera equipment on us at all times. I have seen a few myself so maybe now that I am used to them I will not stare in shock the next time but will take a picture. I have two Fuji pocket digital cameras, 6.1 and 8.2 megapixels. I also have a Meade scope and will be trying to capture anything I can through the scope for greater detail, but that will be next to impossible if the object is moving. If it comes down to it I will break out the old Pentax K1000 for film.

I was a skeptic, even about my first sighting, until this past weekend. Something is up there.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by stikkinikki

Agreed! sorry I don't have any pics or video's. I tried to describe them in as much detail as I could. In all honesty, the vast majority of UFO videos are of such poor quality that people would do better to describe the scene as best thay can as I have tried to do.

Also I'm not a skeptic as such. More a realistic believer. I don't try and see what I want to see when I look into these things.

[edit on 2-9-2008 by digdeep]

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by stikkinikki

Ok, I'll bite StikkiNikki - what happened this weekend that conviced you?

To the OP I know what you mean about some footage being less that dramatic. I have a friend who is producing South Africa's first full length animated feature film (yes we are a little behind here) and he gave me his clip of cellphone footage of a UFO that he took a couple of years again late at night across the road from his house. He first showed me exactly where the UFO was to give me context before he showed me the footage.

The UFO footage is not earthshaking in itself, but still rather disconcerting because of my friends testimony. And, as he said - he is into CGI and Animation - if he wanted to falsify something he would have done a lot better than that.

I would love to post it, but sadly 28 mb's is way too large for my humble 2g wireless access.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by deltaalphanovember

You are right. I think that in a lot of cases eyewitness testimonies should be put forward first with any footage being used as secondary evidence to back up these accounts. That said, it would be nice to see an irrefutably genuine close-up video of an alien space ship would it not?!

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by deltaalphanovember

also...my name is deltaalphanovember too. lol

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 04:20 AM
link   
Nobody else even remotely interested?! C'mon...I know I haven't disclosed any bogus information about GFL ships, reptilians or similar but I'd still love some help on this!

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 04:45 AM
link   
sadly this one doesnt seem too excite anyone ... we are looking for the "smoking ufo" so to speak ... and when we get a pic or a video we don't trust our eyes anymore. Actually we don't trust anything or anyone - not even our own sightings.

Still I am just glad I am not one of those that has Mars Fever (seeing alien object in NASA photos).

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by digdeep

Thought I'd kick this thread, it would be cool to find out what you guys think...

top topics

join