It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS BOINC@Home Team

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2004 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Just to let everyone know, we are Number 85 out of 856 Teams. Woo Hoo!!!!

setiboinc.ssl.berkeley.edu...

posted on Mar, 18 2004 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Not bad at all! I'm trying to do my part but the machine on which I have BIONC running pokes along at about 22 hours per unit.

posted on Mar, 18 2004 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Sweet......I havent even seen our position in the grand scheme yet. I didnt think we would be all that high, but thats awesome.

posted on Mar, 19 2004 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrickmastertricK
Just to let everyone know, we are Number 85 out of 856 Teams. Woo Hoo!!!!

setiboinc.ssl.berkeley.edu...

Way to go!!

WOW!! Now *that's* impressive TMT/ all in BOINC team!! I'm sure when we *all* move over we'll be contenders for some of the "top spots": I *know* Simon will be delighted!!

Good work guys/ gals - I'm *so* envious, I want to switch now!!

EDIT: I just checked for myself -

Now in 67th position!! AboveTopSecret.com SETI BOINC Team = 24 members, Recent average credit = 190.12, Total credit = 2556.26 !!!!

[Edited on 19-3-2004 by Genya]

posted on Mar, 23 2004 @ 11:01 PM
link   
UPDATE
Currently we are #41 out of 873 teams, moved up 44 spots since the last update.

41. AboveTopSecret.com SETI BOINC Team 26 293.13 4548.47 International

26 Members
293.13 Average credit
4548.47 Total Team Credit

I know mine is still taking an insane number of hours to complete, unlike SETI (under 4 hrs.) but I don't even notice it anymore(well until now)

posted on Mar, 24 2004 @ 02:41 AM
link   
I'm finally 1% away from having two done, for some reason they both started at the same time. It's taken forever, and it's doing it slow because it's been almost 36 or 48 hours, can't remember. But the time showing is 27 hours.

posted on Mar, 24 2004 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by RabidGoose
I'm finally 1% away from having two done, for some reason they both started at the same time. It's taken forever, and it's doing it slow because it's been almost 36 or 48 hours, can't remember. But the time showing is 27 hours.

Welcome to the ATS BOINC team RG!!
It's great to have you "on board"!!

ATS BOINC team grows daily it seems: currently Top Teams show us at

38Th place out of 874 teams, with a Recent average credit of 322.15 and a total credit of 4963.96 !!

If you have any questions, please ask - somebody here will "pick it up" I'm sure!!

posted on Mar, 24 2004 @ 08:59 AM
link   
ats is at 37

I slipped to 13

Boinc is strange feeling still

posted on Mar, 24 2004 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Genya
ATS BOINC team grows daily it seems: currently Top Teams show us at
38Th place out of 874 teams, with a Recent average credit of 322.15 and a total credit of 4963.96 !!

correction: 37th place
and the team isn't growing at all... it only consists of the same 16 active members

i think we should abandon seti@home and start off early with boinc.

posted on Mar, 24 2004 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by echelon
correction: 37th place
and the team isn't growing at all... it only consists of the same 16 active members

i think we should abandon seti@home and start off early with boinc.

Hi echelon!!

Agreed on the "lack of growth" of the team - again, it seems strange to *me* that even at this early stage, people who have joined the team haven't - yet! - returned any data at all (although I appreciate that this might change in the future of course). We have a similar situation with the ATS SETI@home team - 31 "members" have *never* returned a WU at all - and many people are inactive. SETI@work is even more brutal - it shows 89 active members and 188 inactive ones.

As regards your suggestion that we "abandon" SETI@home - well, it's a fair comment but please remember that the "final scores" will be archived, there *won't* be another opportunity to run SETI@home - and the team can register as high a position as possible by continuing to use the program *until* SETI@home instructs us to transfer at milestone 2. Rest assured, however, that when that time arrives I for one (and I'm sure others) will run BOINC and help the ATS BOINC team achieve an equally high position in the all teams listings!!

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 03:37 PM
link   
bumping this thread.
i checked in on boinc today and i'm in the number 4 position for ATS! been running non stop for several years now.

-b
edit on 1/18/2016 by zooplancton because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 07:33 AM
link   
a reply to: zooplancton

How do I link-up my stats and join the ATS team? I've been doing SETI since the 90s, and BOINC since... I dunno, maybe 2010?

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Find something yet?

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 07:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: zooplancton
bumping this thread.
i checked in on boinc today and i'm in the number 4 position for ATS! been running non stop for several years now.

-b

How do I join the team?

My stats are decent.

I just re-started running BOINC again after a 2 year layoff...love the Breakthrough Listen stuff!

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 01:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Riffrafter

Log-in, then load this link. The Join option appears partway down the page. All I did was click it, and I was auto-added. I returned to my profile page and it indicated I was part of the team.

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 12:41 AM
link   
a reply to: EightAhoy

Thanks - Done!

join