It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anti-War Protest at GOP Convention Turns Violent

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Anti-War Protest at GOP Convention Turns Violent

elections.foxnews.com

A protest near the site of the Republican National Convention gave way to violence Monday as demonstrators attacked members of the Connecticut delegation, smashed windows, slashed car tires and threw bottles during an anti-war march...
At least 163 people were arrested by police using pepper spray in some confrontations.
Protesters attacked members of the Connecticut delegation when they got off their buses near Xcel Center...
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 09:43 PM
link   
It's really even crazier that the story snippet you see above, but I ran out of characters.
This looks to be more extreme than the protest at the Democratic convention. No wonder the republican candidates didn't want to show up on day 1.

elections.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 10:33 PM
link   
quite the predicament we are in here...we are gonna need some #ing golf shoes!

seriously though, protests do not work. That is just what they want, and the movement against a tyrannical governing body gets closer with each violent outburst from the people. Violence won't solve anything except more destruction.

Our rights will disappear faster if these people don't wake the hell up...

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Yes, yes they were. But. These were not part of the main protest. The large majority of the protests were 'extremely peaceful' exclaimed the St. Paul police. The ones who caused trouble were professional anarchists deliberately trying to cause trouble.

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by iiinvision

Our rights will disappear faster if these people don't wake the hell up...

What rights? And who cares at this point anyway?

Yay for the anarchists!!!

I'm tired of sitting around waiting for "the people" to wake up. If we don't do something now, about 5.5 billion of us are going to wake up dead soon.

[edit on 9/1/0808 by jackinthebox]

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Perhaps we could get a media version that is not Fox News?

I kind of like to hear two sides to a story.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 12:25 AM
link   
You know I posted about this months ago. The armed protestes are members of ARM or American resistance movement. The are working with the organizer of the UNconvention to turn this convention into fort summter. The time is now and the place is there.

They choose the RNC over the DNC because traditionally the strom troopers have always acted worse at the RNC than the DNC.

These "protesters" mean business. They brought their own tear gas this year to subdue overly aggressive police.

What things will tomorrow bring?

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Well, I'm sure it wasn't just "Anarchists" it's too easy to blame it on them and only them. I'm not surprised at such anger at the Republican party. This has been a seriously rough decade so far. Major shortfall after another didn't make this any better. People are angry about 9/11 alot of people, it isn't just "truthers". We did not get an adequate investigation and it is sad that the Bush administration stonewalled an investigation for two years, by which time most of any evidence had been swept away by the cleaning crew. People are angry that we haven't caught Osama bin Laden, they are tired of watching the goal post pushed back and told that it is really "Incremental Progress". People are tired of Congress handing a criminal administration blank check after blank check, allowing him to further threaten and terrorize the world to the point that we may very well be at the brink of World War.

People are tired and angry of having their rights taken from them. People are scared that this country maybe sinking into something not so free, beautiful, and brave. People are tired of having their jobs shipped to other countries, their retirements STOLEN by insanely rich men involved in market scams...And they get a vacation for it. They are tired of handing their economy and their very way of life to the rest of the world to nothing but economic strife in return, and god damn it, people are sick of the lies, period.

Both parties are responsible, which is why I'm surprised that not alot happened at the DNC aside from hundreds of arrests, curtailing of rights, and a Large police officer getting his jollies cracking a woman in the face with a nightstick.

The American people are angry..People feel like they are being targeted, everyday people, for no other reason than a paranoid policy that is self-serving. A perversion that is entirely focused on money by any means...And to cover those means in a sugary crust that you may better swallow your slavery.

It is sick. And that's why this is no surprise, and should be no surprised to ANYONE with eyes to see and ears to hear.

I just wanted to add that the tipping point for me to really piss me off was Katrina...Whatever you believe the governments level of responsibility should have been is irrelevant, what really pisses me off is that they sent in Murderous paramilitary Mercs before sending anything close to a rescue..And even the Mexican Military was their BEFORE anyone arrived to help out.

People always talk about who the Feds sent in first. And don't realize that the first response was a paramilitary force that is responsible for numerous war crimes in Iraq.

[edit on 2-9-2008 by projectvxn]

new topics

top topics

join