It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Palin and the hypocrisy express

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Multiple Junkie

Thanks I appreciate that, and I appreciate your position.
But you know now you've got me hooked?

I also wanted to add this:

That's about the only thing that I didn't know about Bristol Palin's pregnancy. The rest of the details I picked up almost without trying, while talking about other things with townsfolk — some who know the governor and her family well, some who don't. It was, more or less, an open secret. And everyone was saying the same thing: the governor's 17-year-old daughter is pregnant, the father is her boyfriend, and it's really nobody's business beyond that.
time

There is definitely much more going on here than meets the eye.
Can't wait to discuss it further.

Edit to add: Sorry SG, I didn't want to go off topic but this is kinda interesting.

[edit on 9/1/2008 by schrodingers dog]

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 12:00 AM
link   
[edit on 9/2/2008 by Andrew E. Wiggin]

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

Yeah, sorry Southern Guardian, got carried away and posted off topic. I just thought that all of this new stuff coming out was related because of the way that Sarah Palin was not vetted. When someone gets on television and tells me that their candidate is the best for the job without proper vetting it adds to the hypocrisy. If you would like me to edit my posts I will gladly do so. Great thread, I will go start my own now.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 12:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Andrew E. Wiggin

And g-d forbid that half of America should finally after all these years since Sufferage actually get a person that represents them in office.

Not one thing is being said about this lady other than attacks on her being a woman, "she was a mom" "she was on the pta" "she lacks experience" and that is an attack because your brandishing the role of women in our society, in any society as non experience

Pta? let me tell you i'm a dad and I'd rather any day of the week deal with the Senate and try to convince them of something as oppossed to a gaggle of angry. gossiping pta women

What exactly is the political difference, it's a womans social arean and the stakes aren't as high? But how is that sort of Thing not just as vicious and political?

and this is the Old "NO EXPERIENCE" slogan that Millions of Americans go through every day trying to get a job, "can't do it you don't have experience" LOL well how the heck do you get the experience.

I don't care if she has done anything... frankly the less time she has spent in Washington the better, the less experience she has the better...

we elect nothing but experienced politicians, why not give her a chance from more humble origins dealing with everyday people most of her life?

Obama does have more experience in politics, thus more experience lying, more experience in deciet and corruption and agenda and insider issues and lobbyists

Yeah he is experienced all right, experienced Politicians RUIN America

What did the Democrats offer as a woman Candidate? A woman in Biology only? A Law shark who's only experience was being Bills wife prior to running for Senator of NY, which I still don't understand what the hell she was doing for my city in the first place

How is Biden better? he represents joe average guy? as Oppossed to Joann average Girl?

How about if McCain dies and we get a completely inexperienced Regular American in office particulalrly one that represents for real a portion of America that deserves alot of respect? Mothers, Wives, the people whop raise us...

Could she be worse than Bush?

Does she have a social agenda fopr America like Obamas that... in the end has Nothing to do with American children and families?

What's his plan anyway? Radical change? More money for Africa, more immigration, make friends with Islamo Fascist states... he's appealing to the gay marriage vote nad his VP to factory workers when there will never, ever be factory jobs in any real way in America again thanks to China, india and Indonesia?

I bet mom knows something at 43 about the Internet Obama is clueless to and that's where most American jobs will come from in the future

What If John Mccain dies and she becomes President

Oh Noes! a person strange to Washington might get elected we ares all gonna die!

Better her human flaws thean his political machinations any day of the week... What will make a better person to deal with Putin or Ahmadenijad? Years of being in the American boys club?

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 12:35 AM
link   
I agree that something doesn't sit right with all of this. As Multiple Junkie pointed out, all of this information about Palin has been known or rumored in Alaska for some time now (some time = more than a few weeks in political terms). There's no way that McCain couldn't have known all of this stuff wasn't going to come out - I mean he must have known the Democrats would be dissecting every atom of her history, family, friends, connections, etc.

I look for something, umm ... odd I suppose is the right word, to happen within the next couple of weeks on the GOP side. Perhaps this is like a big setup to portray a mystery man or men within the GOP as the saboteurs and later oust them publicly from the party - trying to show America "hey look, we've just eliminated some of the corrupt forces in the party! Vote for us and things will change!"

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Multiple Junkie

Proper Vetting... all politicians suck, every last one is no damn good, may we be so lucky if this un Vetted, unexperienced real American Lady makes the Potus by sheer chance...

John McCain is counting on living lol... maybe fortune smiles on America again? And his puppet VP ends up in charge of the country, his pretty ambassador to put a friendly face of conservative America becomes the first woman actually to close the deal

I have zero problems with this, Black or White Obama is just another Dude with big ideas strutting his way through, I would love an American woman with a half a brian in charge, it's over due, it's warrented and ... there are no special skills needed politically other than picking the right advisors on technical and political issues

Jesse ventura did GREAT, Arnold Did great so far, Bloomberg did great so far as Mayor of NYC, Giullinai did Great as Mayor of NYC, Reagan was a damn good President too

What do they all have in common ZERO political experience

I say we should NEVER, EVER vote a professional BS artist into office again... because every single time we do, that person sucks and is a LIAR

We have little choice this time

But now... I have a hope that McCain can't do the job and a real human American makes it to office... policies matter little to me, promises mean nothing to me anymore

I know she's not a neocon, not in leauge with the forces of nightmares that run the UN, that she was a Mom most of her life, if her political ideas don't match mine...fine, we still have a hope that 50% of an administration won't be a bought out professional politico

and maybe that we get a president who is an American not a politician

Lack of experience is the REASON I feel safer with her, than any of them.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 01:03 AM
link   
reply to post by sos37

Yeah and they are counting on her being human and people like me who Never want a freak political family money Emperor of the United States ever again to stand behind the Republicans when all of us even Republicans are scared of Bush

Who was NO Republican in anyway politically and just and inherited imbecile

McCain is letting Americans know he wants to give America back to the people who actaully represent it and build it, not special interest groups, that he is a family values Republican not a neocon patsy

and frankly what portion of America does Obama represent?

Even democrats are mostly family cut aside all the political PC bs that we have been fed for the last 16 years and what are most Democrats? people with Children... they side with abortion because they have been saying this since they were 18 in the 60's but is it a meaningful topic to a family man or woman? Do gay rights mnatter to them? Do they work in factories or the tech sector?

He says teachers will be better paid ? How is that a Federal decision? Answer... It's NOT What will he do federalize education? How does that benefit Democratic (mostly) teachers across America?

He offers Health care? Have you ever seen the lines for government health care? What percentage of famalies does this realy help? The lowest 5% The rest of us go in the SYSTEM and are tracked for life like more cattle and Told what we can and canot do with our bodies...

He is pro choice but what ethnic demographic has the most abortions per year? Young white Judeo Christian families... Jewish people tend to run democratic, but what Jewish father wants his kids sleeping around rather than having babies? What white Father period prefers this "lifestyle" agenda of the UN that Obama servesinstead of being a Grandpa or a Grandma?

read Brave New world, that's what i think when I listen to Obama

This Lady with almost No political experience and her roots... Please may Mccain drop the ball and let her be President

LOl what do you think the corporations won't run with out a president like Bush who failed at how many businesses?

Or lol, maybe the Pentagon can't handle a wat anymore since Cheeny took charge fo everything

Please these things aren't the specific job of the President... it's a leadership role...

long enough with politicians who think they are dictators and in his own way that's Obama HE has a vision... please someone who NEEDS to ask the experts for their expet opinions, not another lunatic who thinks they run the whole show.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 01:03 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Originally posted by Andrew E. Wiggin

First off, i know what it is you're doing. So i'll say this, where were you on the "obama is the antichrist" ads ?

You're galloping on your high horse.

No, No high horse here. I've been pretty negative about MCcain, and Obama.
I'm not convinced either one is good for the US.
However, back when people still cared about Ron Paul, I and many other Paul supporters, discussed Palin as a possible running mate for him.
I liked her then, I still like her now. Thats why I jumped in, I'm defending someone who was a personal choice of mine.

I dont condone the ads about her family - im talking about the ones about HER.

This, I am glad to hear.

She's violated the flag code
she's anti-women rights
she's anti-gay rights

I guess I'll have to read a little more about these, especially the one where she is anti-womens rights. I think that's a fascinating concept. a female governor that is against her own rights.

If you'd actually give it a read - there's some really good stuff in there.

This thread doesnt talk about her family - so why should you feel compelled to bring it up?

I read it, I'll read it again, just for you.
I decided to bring it up (her family) in a thread that was well composed, consisted of supporting links, and had a sense of decent dialog amongst the members here.

After all, MCcain just lost the election right? Why bother continuing with the this anti Pailin stuff? Just making sure everyone else knows?

no. Mccain hasnt lost the election yet. I see this move of his as a nail in the coffin for sure. But i appreciate your optimism.

Why continue?
You bethca so everyone else knows.
Also - what else is there to talk about?

I congratulate you, you're doing a great job. Almost professional.

P.S. before someone posts about Obama attacks - there's no credible evidence to prove that he's a Muslim or the antichrist, so don't even try.

antichrist? no. as an atheist, that would be hypocritical to suggest that.
muslim? I doubt that too. But he may have some muslim influences. Is that good or bad? thats the public's decision to make.

is he his brother's keeper? ask his brother.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 01:05 AM
link   
Obama supporters pointing out the hypocrisy of McCain choosing an inexperienced candidate for VP is also hypocrisy in itself for being supportive of a Presidential candidate who is also inexperienced.

An inexperienced calling out the inexperience of an inexperienced is hypocrisy is it not?

The big difference is Obama is going for #1 position while Palin is a #2. The importance of the experience of a person seeking the highest office is still greater than the person who is a heartbeat away.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 01:05 AM
link   
Doesn't anyone ever stop and think that secretly McCain and alot of other Republicans HATED this Administration too?

It took zero Republican values to heart, it was not in anyway a Republican ticket

neocon for lack of a better word, really it should have been it's own New 3rd party beccause they were in no way Republicans

A vote for McCain Palin is Not a Vote for another Bush in any way and people need to wake up and see that.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 01:46 AM
link   
Great Post, great research. Thanks for the time-consuming work.

As a former McCain supporter, I would just like to ask, the right wing Nazis, that have managed to hijack the Republican Party, again, what former candidate, or President, can claim having experience at running a Superpower?
Because, that is the job they are applying to...

Again, thanks for the great post.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 02:42 AM
link   
reply to post by mopusvindictus

I was discussing this very similar subject you were in this and the next post of yours about political experience with some friends the other day. While it wasn't about any particular candidate at all, I did argue the point that it would simply be better if there were no such thing as "career politicians" and they had a severely limited term. Not to mention a cap on years of service.

Someone once said that public service should be an inconvenience to your life, not become your life... That's not a quote, just a poorly hashed version of what I remember.

I am glad I'm not the only one that thinks experienced politicians suck.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 02:49 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

With my outsiders hat on...

The big Republican criticism of Obama is that he has no experience. HE countered that (apparently) by bringing in a guy who is slightly older and has been around the block a few times.

McCain did the opposite. He has the experience, and he's bought in a younger face as his running mate.

The BIG difference between the two camps, however, is McCains age. He's 71 now, which means that by the end of his term he would be 75.

Age shouldn't be an issue of course, and I realise that at the moment he has a clean bill of health, but anyone with sense will realise that as people get older they get more prone to illnesses - what if - god forbid - in two years time, he's unable to lead for whatever reason? The Repubs would have to rely on a vastly inexperienced VP to take over as President.

That kind of blows the "inexperienced Obama" argument out of the water, doesn't it?

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

[edit on 2/0908/08 by neformore]

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 06:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by wutone
Obama supporters pointing out the hypocrisy of McCain choosing an inexperienced candidate for VP is also hypocrisy in itself for being supportive of a Presidential candidate who is also inexperienced.

An inexperienced calling out the inexperience of an inexperienced is hypocrisy is it not?

The big difference is Obama is going for #1 position while Palin is a #2. The importance of the experience of a person seeking the highest office is still greater than the person who is a heartbeat away.

Well you see most Obama supporters are not arguing as to the amount of experience Mrs Palin has... My post here is to highlight the hypocrisy from the McCain campaign and their "experience" talk over these past few months. The mans a hypocrite for choosing a lesser experienced VP two heartbeats away from taking the main position, after months of "experience" talk.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 06:25 AM
link   
I mean what is the deal with this guy? He only met her once before and then he completely flip flops over his major arguement and chooses her.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 06:45 AM
link   
So let me get this straight. Both of them don't have a lot of experience, but we;re supposed to vote for the one that's ACTUALLY going to be president?

I really don't see how this helps your argument for Obama. If anything it shows the hypocrisy of democrats and Obama supporters. Suddenly, you care about experience, when before you all argued that experience was actually a bad thing!

Also, you left out commander in chief of the Alaskan National Guard.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dronetek
So let me get this straight. Both of them don't have a lot of experience, but we;re supposed to vote for the one that's ACTUALLY going to be president?

Isnt it obvious? I am using the very arguement you all having been making over the past few months, I never justified experience as being the only reason to become POTUS, you guys did, and now with mccain and his flip flop, im making a point with your arguement.

I really don't see how this helps your argument for Obama.

What that McCain completely flip flopped over his main arguement and republicans get the experience factor thown back to them? I think it helps.

If anything it shows the hypocrisy of democrats and Obama supporters. Suddenly, you care about experience, when before you all argued that experience was actually a bad thing!

No, I am making experience a big deal because it was the righties that have been making it a big deal for weeks now, so now they elect somebody with half the experience Obama has, so obviously the arguement you fellas started has just been thrown back to you, do you get it? It was never an issue to start with, yet you pro-mccainers here decided to make it socially "law" for Potus, and Im using it back to you.

Also, you left out commander in chief of the Alaskan National Guard.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

But, in an interview with The Associated Press on Sunday, he said he and Palin play no role in national defense activities, even when they involve the Alaska National Guard. The entire operation is under federal control, and the governor is not briefed on situations.

yea sure I'll add it.

[edit on 2-9-2008 by southern_Guardian]

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 07:08 AM
link   
reply to post by southern_Guardian

Isnt it obvious? I am using the very arguement you all having been making over the past few months, I never justified experience as being the only reason to become POTUS, you guys did, and now with mccain and his flip flop, im making a point with your arguement.

Ok go for it. It only cements the fact that Obama isn't ready to be president. Palin isn't running for President you know. Obama is and you guys are admitting now that experience does matter. So, doesn't that disqualify your candidate?

No, I am making experience a big deal because it was the righties that have been making it a big deal for weeks now, so now they elect somebody with half the experience Obama has

Wait a second. Before you guys constantly made two arguments:

1. Experience is actually a bad thing
2. The VP choice doesn't really matter.

Now you're trying to argue exactly the opposite, because you are threatened by Palin? If we are supposed to beleive that experience now DOES matter, than why in the world would you vote for Obama, who has almost no experience and is running for the presidency (unlike Palin)?

If you ask me, McCain knows what hes doing. It forces you guys to admit experience does matter, which undercuts your candidate for PRESIDENT..

[edit on 2-9-2008 by Dronetek]

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 07:51 AM
link   
reply to post by neformore

Actually, I don't think it does, neformore. In fact, I think you've inadvertently made a case FOR Palin.

What if something happens to McCain two years into his presidency? Sarah Palin will have had 2 years as a governor AND two years as the Vice President of the United States. You can dismiss the former, but the latter isn't so easy. She will have had significant exposure to the issues a President must face and will be MUCH more prepared for the Presidency after two years playing the #2 role under McCain than Obama will be in two months. Now maybe she isn't right now, but every day that she serves as VP is extremely valuable experience that Obama simply will not have. You can argue that Biden can help Obama, but just as easily, you can argue that Cabinet level advisors will still be there to help Palin.

Its something to think about.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by neformore

That kind of blows the "inexperienced Obama" argument out of the water, doesn't it?

Actually, no.

What Gov. Palin's pick for VP did was enlist the rabid hordes of liberal Democrats to reflexively attack Gov. Palin for being inexperienced. This now has entirely shifted the topic of conversation into a battlefield where Obama is weak.

Before Gov. Palin was selected, the Dems were riding high coming out of the convention. The Dems wanted to conversation to be about how if you decide to vote for McCain you were getting 4 more years of the same. The Dems wanted the conversation to be about how Obama was going to be CHANGE, and McCain was going to be more of the same.

Now, with his selection of Gov. Palin as VP, McCain has shifted the entire conversation into one about experience. This is a stroke of pure genius.

Now the argument is over whether or not Gov. Palin has enough experience to be POUTS. This invariably leads to discussions about whether Obama has enough experience to be POTUS. Thus the focus becomes EXPERIENCE, which is where McCain wants the conversation to be.

It's really sort of fun to watch this play out because the Dems are so unaware of what's just been done to them, but they KNOW something happened.

If I had to guess, I would say Mr. Rove planned this entire strategy, right down to his misdirection of asking Lieberman to withdraw his name from consideration for VP.

Simply brilliant strategy, especially coming the day after Obama's Denver speech. The Dems planned the convention for months and put on an extravaganza to coronate Obama, and it was forgotten and out of the news cycle in a matter of minutes.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join