It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

James Gilliland/Recharging Batteries

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 08:04 AM
link   
reply to post by NephraTari

It does not offend me that at all that our theories of the universe are incomplete/'unproven'. Let me make that clear. I am in no way 'shamed' to admit this.

It is the attitude of people such as yourself that offends me. To make sweeping statements about all of science, that because we don't know everything this can be used as an argument to support ANY and ALL outlandish claims. This is not to do with my ego, but rather the lack of respect you give to scientists around the world.

It annoys me when you make comments about muons and dark matter and other stuff that we know little about, and use this as an argument for completely unrelated areas of science. Unless you would like to draw some specific conclusions about how these are related? You seem to have missed that point in my last post too.

In fact you seemed to have missed the point entirely I never once mentioned that fact that I was angry that you don't agree with current theories of the universe. In fact I don't either, as you stated any physicist will tell you that our understanding of the universe is incomplete/flawed. But what any physicst won't do is do what your doing and use a lack of knowledge to support questionable claims in any unrelated area. Thats what pisses me off.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by starcraft

You know what? I really resent your BS starcraft. You have tried three times now (I just removed your last attempt in Johnny's thread) to put words into my and Crackeur's mouth.

You will not find ANYWHERE that we are promoting Gilliland or ANYTHING about him. Just because we don't care about the battery thing enough to waste good money on sending someone up there with a volt meter IS NOT the same as supporting it or anywhere close to endorsing it.

I don't care if Gilliland is not what he claims to be. Why would I? He has nothing to do with what we were there for beyond being a gracious host.

He's not in any of the videos, and only about 1 minute of the audio out of respect for being on his property.

WE DID NOT GO THERE TO INVESTIGATE Gilliland, WE DID NOT GO THERE TO VIDEO Gilliland, GOT IT?

ENOUGH...

Spend your own money on debunking him but don't try to create drama about us just because we don't care one way or the other and therefor will not spend ours.

[edit on 9-2-2008 by Springer]

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 09:28 AM
link   
the battery trick was nothing more than that. had I seen the no juice indicator on the camera before he "recharged" the battery, I might have been impressed. not seeing it is like me telling you I'm doing a card trick over the internet. simply not worth even considering it.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Synthesist

good post

after being a sceptic for many years i now beleive anything is possible and if this means recharging batteries with own hands then...yeah, why not.
i'm not being ignorant, just alittle curious and there is nothing wrong with wanting to study phenonomen as this. just like studying UFO's no?

i for one beleive it can happen because of the ammounts of energy we have in our bodies and combined with the universal energy, things like this are possible. prana is our lifeforce and people with a higher sense of spirituality can conjeur prana and yes, recharge batteries, shapeshift, move objects ectectect.

now regardless if James is able to do this i think it is a good thread (maybe not in the right place ie.ufo's/aliens) though a debatable discussion by any means.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 08:08 PM
link   
I think this battery-recharging ability of Galliland's and the technique that he uses will be revealed with time and inquiry.

We cannot fault the members who went to Galliland's ranch, as they were there to see the UFOs. The battery trick was just a bonus and a definite teaser.

Even if Galliland isn't fully recharging the battery, and is only slightly reactivating it - I can see this coming in handy, especially in emergencies.

I'm putting this one on the backburner until I can figure it out.... its got my attention

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Speaking of recharging batteries..

hehe.

Anyway after a few years studying 'conspiracy theories', I've come to the conclusion that as a whole we know very little about virtually everything. That being the case, I'll never totally rule anything out.
The amount of suppressed information (especially technological advances) being withheld from the public is astounding.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by MrdDstrbr

He believes many people can be taught to do this. However, I think its due to his nde. There are many electrical type anomalies following, such as watches and electrical devices stopping working for many people. I think its somehow in the same area. I imagine that contact with beings from a higher dimension may be similar, which he also maintains he has had. Still, I'm planning on practicing this myself just to see how far the average person can go with it.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 01:41 AM
link   
For someone that knows big changes are coming he sure is keen on making money out of it.

He's nothing more than a new-age-space-brothers-guru making money out of his 'contactee experience' while at the same time makes convenient excuses when questioned on the evidence of his face to face contact with his "pleiedians supermodels" alien friends.

Like any Greerian/Meierian types he makes up convenient excuses on why the aliens are so concerned about the earth and it's inhabitants while at the same time doesn't do ANYTHING AT ALL other than to flash UFO spectators with their spaceship's headlighhts. : sounds all too Cult Greer.

He claims to know alternative fuel sources but has nothing to back it up : Sounds like another Greerian.

Claims to have contact with alien supermodels like the crackpot-hoaxer-liar Billy Meier but doesn't have any evidence whatsoever : the same I forgot my camera BS.

It's funny that everyone is dismissing the plausible possibility someone is playing with lasers at the side of the mountain, or military aircraft experiments or meteorites streaking across the sky and made a light year leap of concluding they are aliens without any other physical evidence to back it up.

So being a liar by making a slight of hand by doing parlour tricks is nothing to this guy.

[edit on 3-9-2008 by AntisepticSkeptic]

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 02:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by starcraft
This is not physically possible. The flow of electrons (electricity), requires a conductor.

Funny that word 'impossible' If I am anywhere close to a strong radio transmitter I can take a fluorescent tube in my hand and light it.

You hold it at one end and run your other hand down the tube and watch it light between your hands When you have charged the tube you can remove one hand and it stays lit...

It used to be a riot in a hardware store... freaking people out , especially when you left it half lit
(not to mention the FCC
)

Back pack was a Cobra CB with a 500 watt linear and a motor cycle battery. For camping I taped my mike open and used the tube to see for set up... (the car ran a kilowatt so had more range
)

Now before you scream 'impossible' I would get a second opinion because it works...

I would check to see if there is a strong radio signal close by...

More later when this has sunk in

[edit on 3-9-2008 by zorgon]

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 02:30 AM
link   
Ah heck I don't have time to wait

I always get a kick how these debunkers at ATS are so quick to pounce on anything they don't understand but THINK they do...

Your electricity in your home... live wires come in to the house... but where is the OTHER half of the circuit? The Earth. That is why we call it 'ground'

Lightning Do you know how its created? Water molecules rub together and cause friction creating static electricity... just like when you walk across a carpet and touch a 'ground'

When enough static builds up it sends a feeler to 'ground' and a powerful surge FROM THE GROUND goes up the feeler making the bolt of plasma

Remember Tesla? He invented AC power... he invented the Tesla coil that makes the spark for your car and he invented radio (that Marconi stole)

He also invented transmitted power.. sending power through the air... but your government did not want you to have that because as Westinghouse said... "Where can I put the Meter?"

Our AC power... we pour water using gravity to simply turn a turbine and we have electricity... where did that come from?

The fluorescent tube I mentioned uses the energy from the radio waves... the other circuit is 'ground' through my hand

And no you don't feel a thing

Yeah yeah I here it already IMPOSSIBLE

Well if its IMPOSSIBLE how come MIT is doing it and you can soon by a laptop that uses this?

Goodbye wires…
MIT team experimentally demonstrates wireless power transfer, potentially useful for powering laptops, cell phones without cords

web.mit.edu...

MIT Demonstrates Wireless Power Transfer
Jun 8, 2007 ... Imagine a future in which wireless power transfer is feasible: cell phones, household robots, mp3 players, laptop computers, ...
www.sciencedaily.com...

WiTricity - How It Works - MIT Wireless Electricity and Power ...
Aug 23, 2007 ... WiTricity exploits a phenomenon that allows two objects resonating at the same frequency to exchange energy efficiently.
www.popularmechanics.com...

Now this guy either has a powerful radio source close by...

OR

He has rediscovered Tesla's secret

"The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible." Sir Arthur C Clarke

DISCLAIMER I don't know the guy nor do I know if he can or cannot do this... but I can see how it is possible.

[edit on 3-9-2008 by zorgon]

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 05:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Remember Tesla? He also invented transmitted power.. sending power through the air... but your government did not want you to have that because as Westinghouse said... "Where can I put the Meter?"

Goodbye wires…
MIT team experimentally demonstrates wireless power transfer, potentially useful for powering laptops, cell phones without cords

web.mit.edu...

MIT Demonstrates Wireless Power Transfer
Jun 8, 2007 ... Imagine a future in which wireless power transfer is feasible: cell phones, household robots, mp3 players, laptop computers, ...
www.sciencedaily.com...

He has rediscovered Tesla's secret.

The MIT wireless power transfer has nothing to do with Tesla's secrets.

"He has rediscovered Tesla's secret."

That's a conclusion reached by reading too many woowoo-pseudo-science-snake-oil-free-energy conspiracy websites but very little legitimate scientific literature.

A lot of the things Tesla was working on were little more than hallucinations. Same with Edison, though he was much more organized about keeping track of experiments that failed. Cutting-edge science always involves a lot of groping that comes to nothing; even Newton seriously studied alchemy, which we now know to be complete bull$hit.

Why did Tesla abandon the magnetic resonance project that "would have powered the world?" Because it was junk science. There wasn't any 'secret.'

But the persistent delusional paranoid conspiracy theorists made up excuses and facts out of ether-space to make their stories more exciting.

There is very little in the "undiscovered" Tesla stuff that's worthwhile. On the other hand, he researched things that were legit but need modern technology to actually do. The Tesla turbine couldn't be made to work reliably in his day, but can now; we'll start seeing it replace conventional fans pretty soon.

BTW, Ayn Rand seems to have gotten the idea for an important invention in "Atlas Shrugged" from Tesla. Just remember - and she would have told you this - it's fiction.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 05:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by AntisepticSkeptic
Claims to have contact with alien supermodels like the crackpot-hoaxer-liar Billy Meier but doesn't have any evidence whatsoever : the same I forgot my camera BS.

Yeah, how DARE he get beamed up onto a ship without a video camera in hand!

Sheesh....

And besides, even if he did manage to get a camera onto a ship and film the contact event, the skeptics would just say "bah, he produced that in a studio. That hot 'Blaji' chick is just some paid actress...."

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 05:43 AM
link   
reply to post by AntisepticSkeptic

If you are copying and pasting from other websites would you please source them for us.

Thaaaannnks

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 07:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Steve B

here's a nice quote for u :

"It has been said that the greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance but the illusion of knowledge. Too often the things we think we know obstruct the things we need to learn."

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrdDstrbr

Sheesh....

And besides, even if he did manage to get a camera onto a ship and film the contact event, the skeptics would just say "bah, he produced that in a studio. That hot 'Blaji' chick is just some paid actress...."

Let me get this straight. The evidence is not on the table yet, and you are already making EXCUSES? So, you are making up a lame excuse to cover up for another lame excuse?
I find that utterly funny.

The ridiculousness of woo-woo believers of faith trying to make up excuses for their lack of evidence each and every time over and over again is humourous.

This is EXACTLY what I was talking about. Exuses, excuses excuses but zero evidence whatsoever.

"Noooo I if had the only compelling evidence that would undeniably lend credibility to my claims and will change evrything but no one would ever believe me anyway, so I'd rather NOT TRY to collect any evidence, and since I don't have any evidence I'll make up excuses on how evidence is not important AT ALL and make up conclusions based on something that will not happen"

Isn't that the most preposterous thing that you've ever heard?

I will say this again : The people who push this Alien Agenda are so sad, lonely, it's hard to think of how sad and messed up their life that they had to make up a wholee world of lies to live in.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by TruthTellist

If you are copying and pasting from other websites would you please source them for us.

Thaaaannnks

You can go to a local library and read all the legitimate scientific literature. That's where I got that from. Oh I forgot. People don't go to libraries anymore. They just have to read crackpot websites that claim their confabulations as fact to validate what they WANT to believe.

"Library? Is that some kind of fruit?"

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Let me get this straight. The evidence is not on the table yet, and you are already making EXCUSES? So, you are making up a lame excuse to cover up for another lame excuse?

No, I'm not making excuses, just using a little common sense.

If you were an extraterrestrial with a spaceship, would you go around beaming people up with video camera in hand so that they could record everything?

Did you ever stop to think that maybe the ETs have rules and policies about such things? And maybe that's why NONE of the Contactees have any pictures or footage of their face-to-face encounters?

As far as evidence goes, I would argue that large GROUPS of people mass-witnessing and filming the ships from the ground is better evidence than footage from a lone Contactee of the inside of a ship anyway.

I see footage of people inside ships talking with aliens on TV every day - it's called STAR TREK, Stargate SG-1, etc etc

Get the point now?

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrdDstrbr

No, I'm not making excuses, just using a little common sense.

If you were an extraterrestrial with a spaceship, would you go around beaming people up with video camera in hand so that they could record everything?

Did you ever stop to think that maybe the ETs have rules and policies about such things? And maybe that's why NONE of the Contactees have any pictures or footage of their face-to-face encounters?

As far as evidence goes, I would argue that large GROUPS of people mass-witnessing and filming the ships from the ground is better evidence than footage from a lone Contactee of the inside of a ship anyway.

I see footage of people inside ships talking with aliens on TV every day - it's called STAR TREK, Stargate SG-1, etc etc

Get the point now?

So you are making excuses now on how you are supposed to know how aliens think? Gimme a breaaaakkkkkk........ And if they are so powerful why would they be afraid of people taking videos of them? - Excusessssssss, excusessssssss, excusessssssss....

Fantasizing (but in your case 'thinking' whatever I'll just go along
go for it :up
about being an alien - If I were an ET?

What kind of question is that?! How in the name of reptilian chilli dogs would I know or you know how an alien from dozens of light years away or a dimension away would think?

If I were an ET? What the hell? Okay give me a pie tin spaceship capable of dimensional travel, thousands years of life expentancy, telephatic abilities and I'll tell you how I would think. Oh yeah you can't so duuuhhhhhh....

And how would you know that they even have policies? I mean come on man where did you come up with such conclusions on something that you are not even a part of? Oh I forgot, they are excusesss.... not fact.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Big surprise, you totally missed the point.

Events that were MASS-witnessed, and generated lots of radar data and stuff, like Stephenville or O'Hare, are much better evidence than a video supposedly showing a conversation with an alien would be.

James has many witnesses behind him and piles of data. He's about as credible as a Contactee can get.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by MrdDstrbr

(MrdDstrbr)...""James has many witnesses behind him and piles of data. He's about as credible as a Contactee can get. ...""

The witnesses are seeing strange lights in the sky. The ATS team was there to investigate these lights, and this will be covered in other threads. The ATS team acquired their own data for review, not James' data, which is important.

Is there "data" to back up the claims by some witnesses that James is able to recharge their batteries by simply holding them in his hand? If so, I'd like to see this data. I doubt there is any, so with that in mind, your previous recommendation to perform some simple, unbiased tests on this claim is well founded. I appreciate you asking a previous poster if he/she could perform these tests for us. I believe the results of these tests could shed light on James' allegation that he is a "Contactee".

"If the glove does not fit, you must acquit."

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join