It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

James Gilliland/Recharging Batteries

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Anyone who may be following this topic, of Springer, Johny Anonymous, etc, going to James Gilliland's ranch near Mt. Adams, Washington may be curious about a certain aspect of this amazing event. ..... James' alleged ability to recharge a battery that has gone dead, by simply holding it in his hand.

This is not physically possible. The flow of electrons (electricity), requires a conductor.

Springer, Crakeur, and Johnny Anonymous, are, needless to say, influential individuals with regard to the ATS community. They are the ones, in this instance, who are claiming to have witnessed this phenomenon. Should there be a follow up on this? Is it significant? What their data reveals in the days to come, regarding the lights and UFO's will be hotly debated, and will be largely untestable. The entire UFO debate will go on forever.

This claim however could be easily tested in a relatively strict scientific experiment....and I firmly believe it should be discussed. If this aspect proved to be a hoax, as every fiber of my being is screaming unfortunately, then it throws everything about James Gilliland into doubt. It then follows that our esteemed owner, and mods are either easily fooled by slight of hand, or worse, are possibly complicit in a hoax. I'm not implying this, in any way, I'm simply throwing it out there for comment.

What is the upper limit of this "ability"? Can ANY battery be recharged, or only "rechargable" batteries? Could a car battery be recharged? If this claim would turn out to be true, and if anyone is capable of doing it, as James asserts, then the consequences are mind-boggling.

This thread was conceived to discuss this aspect only. The lights and other freaky things happening at James' ranch are for other threads. Anything battery related is on the table. The science, the different, new technologies that are being developed for batteries, are an emerging importance, and I would love to hear other people's thoughts on this subject. I apologize if the thread is redundant, but a search revealed nothing on this aspect of the James Gilliland story..

[edit on 1-9-2008 by starcraft]

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by starcraft
Anyone who may be following this topic, of Springer, Johny Anonymous, etc, going to James Gilliland's ranch near Mt. Adams, Washington may be curious about a certain aspect of this amazing event. ..... James' alleged ability to recharge a battery that has gone dead, by simply holding it in his hand.

This is not physically possible. The flow of electrons (electricity), requires a conductor.

How do you know it's not possible?

What if there are aspects of energy and electricity and current that are still not well understood?

Have you done any research into John Bedini and "Radiant Energy", things like that?

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 11:50 AM
link   
I very highley think of all people to be accused of a hoax that these 3 would be one of the last to perpetrate something such as this,I'm thinking they are held to a higher esteem,just because something you read in Popular Mechanics says so doesn't mean it's a hoax,I've been around a lot of years and seem some things that boggle the mind,and charging dead batterys would be childs play,sounds like your trying to start something,plus I listened to the podcast,I'm convinced

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 12:57 PM
link   
I am with you on this. I believe everything I hear in a podcast. This includes information coming people I have never met or laid eyes on. I can feel my batteries charging as I type this. I hope it works and this has enough power to post as so many posts don't show up. I suppose the reason is.........

......."Battery Low"

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Excuse me?!

Springer, Crakeur, and Johnny Anonymous, are, needless to say, influential individuals with regard to the ATS community. They are the ones, in this instance, who are claiming to have witnessed this phenomenon.

That is a horridly incorrect statement.
I (Springer) never saw it happen and Crakeur says, and I quote, "I was not impressed"...

How in the world do you think it's right to make a statement like this?

Springer...

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 01:06 PM
link   
I however, am not convinced. I think the battery should be tested before and after being handled to ascertain the charge state. Cold batteries will not deliver the electrical current that gets the work done. Warming them up in your hands, pockets, etc. allows them to work for a little while longer, but does not recharge them.

I think the hand battery charging is a parlor trick.

I also think that once investigative teams have access to the mountain that this entire phenomenon will unravel rather quickly. Sitting thirteen miles away from where the phenomenon is manifesting is not investigating anything.

I say rent a helicopter and go fly over the mountain. What are the Indians going to do? Send their Air Force to shoot you down?

[edit on 9-1-2008 by groingrinder]

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Super-Natural Phenomenon is easy to dismiss because it's is difficult to prove. Our bodies are bio-chemical apparatii and our energy field can be photographed ...
James Gilliland is a multi-dimensional human being, through his Near Death Experiences and contacts he has evolved as a human. Possibly using more brain power and DNA than the rest of us humans.
Gilliland has learned to channel his energy through his transmitting (right) and receiving (left) hands...
The power of thought and setting an intention is very strong and can alter reality as we know it. Example: You can make yourself ill or you can make yourself well with your thoughts and actions. I have to agree with a previous comment that charging batteries is childs play for Gilliland...

There is so much going on at Gilliland's Ranch that cannot be explained, rationalized or dismissed easily. More physical evidence is about to be revealed to us by the same people. They are not saying, hey wait for our DVD to come out so you can buy it, they are going to post it up for us to see. That speaks volumes to me....

The ATS investigative team would never make such unfounded claims without witnessing this themselves, as sensational as it may sound.
Johnny A went up there to capture UFO footage - he witnessed much more than he expected.

I consider the ATS team to be of the highest caliber of integrity and they are seeking facts and footage and exposing this to us to draw our own conclusions.
So many highly esteemed and intelligent people from all walks of life have gone to Gilliland's Ranch and had their reality turned upside down and sideways.

It doesn't get any more real than this...IMHO

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Look at it this way; since both JohnnyAnonymous and the producers of "Contact Has Begun" say they saw James do this, it's at least worth another look, don't you think?

Maybe the next ATS members to go there could arrange a more rigorous scientific test for James?

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Springer, I'm sorry if that statement was misconstrued. I was using the term "witnessed" very loosely. From Johnny's broadcast several weeks
ago, he mentions his batteries being recharged by James. I am sure you were aware of those statements, and most likely had personal conversations with Johnny about this aspect of his investigation to that point. If I'm not mistaken Crakeur was there when another episode of this phenomenon was performed. This is all I meant by "witnessing". I, in no way meant to portray either of you as being believers, or physical witnesses to this phenomenon, and I apologize if this was inferred.

Full Disclosure: I am NOT trying to "start something" here. I do NOT, for a minute believe any of these guys would even think about trying to pull off a hoax. I'm sorry if my writing skills cannnot adequately paint a picture of what my mind is thinking...but I'm trying. I sincerely want to portray to you that this phenomenon is fascinating me after I heard what I heard on these broadcasts. I firmly believe Springer, Crakeur, and Johnny are highly credible witnesses, and I have to admit, I'm reeling, and trying to wrap my mind around all this. I dunno, it has something to do with the whole First Law of Thermodynamics. Did Johnny in essance see Free Energy in action? What energy was "transformed" to charge his battery?

As I sit here and think about it, I think the reason I even mentioned the word hoax in the first post was to hopefully bring about some testing. I do not have the means to do so myself, and I think it's very important. It was a poor choice of words, again...I'm sorry.

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Child's play?

If someone were to tell me they had the capability to basically violate the First Law of Thermodynamics and create energy...energy "sent" into the form of a stored, usable energy source that is a battery, well, umm I'd give it a second look. Teach this child to play.

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Just thinking out loud here....

Johnny hands over a dead battery. It has spent its' energy. Other than the physical outlay by Johnny to lift his arm and stretch it out to hand over the battery, Johnny has expended no energy to put back into the battery. Normally, he would plug in his charger, and a flow of electrons would flow to his battery...recharging it. These electrons passed along a wire from a generation source. A dam, a coal or nuclear plant, etc. Instead Johnny is handed his battery back, and it's full of energy again. Where did it come from? Energy cannot just be "created". What energy did James expend to charge the battery, and how was it transmitted?

Could James recharge an electric car? How about a bank of batteries that powers someone's home?

Am I overreacting here?

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Energy cannot just be "created".

Perhaps it can. After all, there appear to be many inexplicable phenomena happening around the Gilliland ranch. Maybe James does have powers beyond our understanding. However, this particular ability is definitely demonstrable, presumably repeatable on demand and readily quantifiable. A flat battery was recharged in some way by Mr Gilliland's touch, such that the camera was again functional. That means something measurable happened to it. As stated by Crakeur in the video, that event was indeed phenomenal, beyond any scientific understanding or reasoning. That the Investigative Team didn't follow up on it seems inexplicable. It would be so very easy to examine quantitatively and certainly demands investigation. Perhaps we'll learn more in due course.

WG3

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Child's play?

If someone were to tell me they had the capability to basically violate the First Law of Thermodynamics and create energy...energy "sent" into the form of a stored, usable energy source that is a battery, well, umm I'd give it a second look. Teach this child to play.

what about all the unknowns of our brains, and the fact our bodies produce, and can conduct energy?

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Honestly we are still in the infancy of science. I honestly believe this to be true.
What I think we know is very little in the scope of all there is to know and proven laws are often later disproven or changed. We really do not know enough about how the universe works to fully understand everything in it and honestly I have had much stranger things happen to me then having someone charging my battery in their hand.
If this seems unbelievable to you then you have not experienced much. The world is full of things we do not understand and cannot explain in part or total, but usually those things get swept under the rug and ignored to keep the sheep grazing in the pasture of life.

If James can charge batteries it is not really that mind boggling to me. It is amazing, but not mind boggling.

[edit on 1-9-2008 by NephraTari]

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 05:56 PM
link   
NephraTari:..."We really do not know enough about how the universe works to fully understand everything in it ..."

Actually, the scientific community understands quite a bit of "how the universe works". We may not know everything, but we're not exactly novices. A great starting point is the laws of physics, that supposedly hold true throughout the universe. Trust me, recharging a battery in one's hand, with no outside influence, would be found to be "mind boggling" in many scientific circles. So, therefore we disagree on its' significance. My opinion of course.

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by starcraft

We have no clue what is in the vastness of space. There is much that is what we have come to call dark matter and we have no clue as to its true nature. We do not understand what it is that is in the Ether. First law of motion for instance requires a force to start it all. Where is that force that sets it all in motion? There are many THEORIES, but theories are still just theories. They are unproven ideas. Ask any physicist we still know very little about what gives matter substance or MASS. We know very little about Muons. I could go on, but the point is that we only THINK we know and understand alot about the universe. I would stand firm that we still have more to learn than we have discovered.

I will say though. this is an enjoyable discussion. thanks

As a matter of fact.. this would make an excellent debate topic. Care to square off?

[edit on 1-9-2008 by NephraTari]

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 12:43 AM
link   
Ok, after having a nap, and sleeping on it....my gut instinct is ready to call Bull[snip]. on James Gilliland's "ability" to charge batteries by simply holding them in his hand.

Rather than easily debunk this, or prove this, the owners will ignore it because they have hours and hours of video they want to show (or profit on).

"But, he was such a nice guy, he treated us SO well while we were there". No, No, NO..we can't expose James now...not before we release our amazing video.

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 3-9-2008 by Gemwolf]

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 04:45 AM
link   
To the OP :

Get a life man, you are misleading people with your false statements.

Lucky you I am not a moderator, you would be banned. ATS & ufology dont need
freaks like you.

Disinformation at it's finest.

Anonymous but fed up.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 05:53 AM
link   
reply to post by NephraTari

We have no clue what is in the vastness of space. There is much that is what we have come to call dark matter and we have no clue as to its true nature. We do not understand what it is that is in the Ether. First law of motion for instance requires a force to start it all. Where is that force that sets it all in motion? There are many THEORIES, but theories are still just theories. They are unproven ideas. Ask any physicist we still know very little about what gives matter substance or MASS. We know very little about Muons. I could go on, but the point is that we only THINK we know and understand alot about the universe. I would stand firm that we still have more to learn than we have discovered.

Perhaps you could tell me how you could prove a theory? such as thermodynamics for example? I would love to know, but unless you have all of the information in the universe you can't 'prove' a theory correct.

Using arguments like this is disrespectful to scientists worldwide because you discount 'theories' that people have worked very hard to make, study, and test because they are just 'unproven ideas'. Well I am sure you don't mind useing your COMPUTER to acess this forum on the INTERNET even though this technologies are based on 'unproven theories'.

What does the Higgs Boson or Muons or Dark matter have to do with charging a battery? Unless you have an idea about why failings in one area of science might have to do with this current problem then how dare you use them as expamles to support this claim. Or what let me guess you don't have enough formal training in physics to make such connections but you are happy to trashbag 'unproven theories' you don't even understand?

[edit on 2-9-2008 by Steve B]

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 07:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Steve B

You can get defensive all you want about the fact that many of our deepest held understandings of the universe are unproven but it will not change that fact no matter how offended you behave over the idea. There is no shame in admitting that we still have a lot to learn. I can only imagine that ego is at stake when people get THIS defensive about ideas that are not proven.

I am sure some people were really appalled by the idea that earth was round at one time and that the earth revolved around the sun.. but that thankfully hurt feelings has never stopped the progress of research. In time all things CAN BE proven. Just because we do not know the answers now, does not mean that they are impossible to know. Some may think so only because they hold the belief that they know all there is to know. In order to grow in any way mankind has to humble itself and realize that we still have alot of learning and growing to do. Getting defensive about something you know to be true won't make it less true. It just makes you appear very sensitive and tempermental. It is OKAY to admit that we still have a long ways to go. There really is no need to get all worked up about it. In all of that ranting you did not prove what I said was wrong, you just confirmed it to be true..

[edit on 2-9-2008 by NephraTari]

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join