It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Fighter

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Fighter….

“A person who fights, struggles, resists, etc.”
“A person with the will, courage, determination, ability, or disposition to fight, struggle, resist, etc.”

Also a title awarded to those members on ATS that take it upon themselves to enter in the Debate Forum and in a logical and structured manner, debate intellectual subjects with other Fighters.

A True Fighter does not give in, does not back down and especially a Fighter shows up for the fight.

While real life issues reach out and grab us all, (Lord knows with my job it happens to me) we all must strive to be as good as our word and follow through on our obligations that we freely take on. We have to always remember that others are depending on us to be as good as our word; that when we fail to do what we say we will, it is not just ourselves we let down, disrupt and disappoint.

I freely admit that the Debate Forum is one of my favorite places to hang out, and that I take the debates seriously; the issue of following through with a debate you agree to engage in is one that affects us all.

As Fighters we have a great reputation here at ATS and the best way to keep that reputation is to only accept challenges and engage in tournaments that we are SURE we can complete in a satisfactory manner. Again, everyone knows that unforeseen emergencies happen and we all respect this, but we, The Fighters, ask that you keep us updated and informed as best you can. Also please do not accept a challenge or volunteer for a tournament if you are not completely dedicated to following through on that commitment.

Semper
Fighter

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 01:35 AM
link   
+1 for you semper
anyways i whole heartedly agree and i also understand that things come up that are out of our hands (as was the case with my round 1 match) as for the no show contenders it is my humble opinion that they not be allowed in the next tourney.... we are ATS'ers that alone should give you enough pride and courage to step up and dance with the best. we have an obligation to one another to hold true to our words star and flag good call semper

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 02:24 PM
link   
First time on in a week. Sorry, And I agree with your thread. See you all in a couple weeks then? Jason

join