It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

McCain VP pick laughs as radio host calls Alaskan Senator a 'b*tch' and a 'cancer'

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Here is the link to Raw Story.

Check out the video...a glimpse of the character of Sarah Palin!

Republican Vice Presidential Nominee Sarah Palin laughs as cancer survivor Senator Lyda Green of the Alaska State Senate is called a "bitch" and a "cancer" on "The Bob and Mark Show", a radio show on KWHL in Alaska.

[edit on 30-8-2008 by Leo Strauss]

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Ha! I listened to Savidge last night just to see what he had to say about the woman against my better judgement, and lo and behold, he said this was the biggest mistake he had ever seen done by any Republican Presidential candidate!!!!!!!

He was insulted [hahaha] I love it.

Sometimes it pays to hear what the rabid Reps have to say

He said this country was FINISHED!!!!! Whats finished is McCain, that's whats finnished

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 02:10 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Leo Strauss
Check out the video...a glimpse of the character of Sarah Palin!

Leo, this is more of a reflection on the character of those who lack the intelligence to recognize the obvious editing in the recording, and those who think this matters in the slightest.

It's truly pathetic.

So far, in 24 hours, we have a thread about how Gov. Palin's 5th child is not hers, people calling her child a retard, people calling her uterus an idiot factory, and now this video which, even if it's 100% real (which I doubt) is a big SO WHAT?

She's live on the radio and the host makes some outrageous comments about her political opponent and she laughs?

Wow.... the dems are more desperate than I've ever seen them. I'm sure they all felt sick inside when Obama picked Biden instead of Hillary, and started to realize this election is definitely up for grabs when McCain picked Gov. Palin.

If this is the best the dems can come up with, I'd say Sen. McCain and Gov. Palin have a great chance to win on Nov. 4.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 02:39 PM
link   
It sounds as if she gasped during her nervous laughter. Why were some parts cut out? Maybe she defended Lyda but that was edited out?

I don't see how this makes her a horrible person. Nervous laughter isn't something you can hold against her IMHO.

Jemison

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 02:44 PM
link   
I posted this in another thread but it seems to fit here too.

Originally posted by Fathom
bottom line McCain/Palin have the woman vote and the conservative base behind them now...too bad suck it up. game over you lose,
quit your crying.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by jamie83

I think its probably real. Like you, I also ask 'so what?'

As if anyone here has never called a rival a nasty name or laughed when someone else did. She probably shouldn't have done it, but it rates a big 'who cares' from me. How many politicians do you think go home at night and call their rivals every name under the sun? All of them. In this case, she wasn't even the one that said it.

But you're right, looking at the attacks of the last 36 hours or so, it appears that the Dems are going to throw every ounce of crap they can possibly find at Palin and hope that something, anything sticks regardless of how vile, digusting, ridiculous, or in this case, insignificant, that it may be.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 04:39 PM
link   
I heard the woman talking and to tell you the true she will do better keeping her mouth shut.

She sounded like a spoiled brat.

I don't get what in the heck this political candidates are doing when choosing their running mates, but we all know that is nothing than corporate butt kissers that their jobs is to keep corporate America on top at the white house.

What a pitiful choice Mr. McCain.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by vor78
reply to post by jamie83

But you're right, looking at the attacks of the last 36 hours or so, it appears that the Dems are going to throw every ounce of crap they can possibly find at Palin and hope that something, anything sticks regardless of how vile, digusting, ridiculous, or in this case, insignificant, that it may be.

I too wish they wouldn't also! 5th child not hers, laughing at somebody elses comments doesn't show much about her politically.

They have plenty just bringing her inexperience up! She was on a city council for 4 years, was a mayor for 6 years, and was a governor for two years, that's all the experience she is bringing with her!

Sarah Palin - Wikipedia

Palin was elected governor and assumed office in December 2006, after defeating incumbent governor Frank Murkowski in the Republican primary and former Democratic governor Tony Knowles in the general election. She was the youngest person, and the first woman, to be elected governor of Alaska. Before becoming governor, Palin served two terms on the Wasilla, Alaska, City Council from 1992 to 1996, and was elected Mayor of Wasilla in 1996 and 1999. She lost her race for lieutenant governor of Alaska in 2002. Palin holds a Bachelor of Science degree in journalism from the University of Idaho.

On August 29, 2008, Republican presidential candidate John McCain announced he had chosen Palin as his running mate,

Member of a city council for 4 years, a mayor for 6 years, and a governor for 2 years!

That's it! This is the best person the republicans could come up with?

Talk about a rocket ride to the top!

[edit on 8/30/2008 by Keyhole]

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Keyhole, you missed the fact that in the time she has been a governor she has abuse her own government privileges to get what she wants.

Sound like Cheney to me.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Keyhole

The only problem is that it reflects right back on their own candidate. Obama has what, 3 1/2 years in the Senate vs two for Palin as governor?

I couldn't care less about either's time below those levels.

I consider it a wash; from a traditional standpoint, both are vastly inexperienced, IMO. The difference? One is running for president, the other isn't. Perhaps Palin could be forced into the role of president, but Obama would be there from day 1. Obama will be thrown in feet first immediately and I don't think he's ready at all. I also don't think Palin is ready at all, either, but it is very likely that even if McCain's health fails at some point, she will have some time as VP to grow into the role without all the pressure, unlike Obama. Advantage McCain/Palin, IMO.

So from an experience standpoint, I still give a significant edge to the McCain/Palin ticket. Ultimately, while Palin or Biden will have some degree of influence over votes, people will vote for the Presidential nominee, not the Vice President. At least in terms of experience, McCain has a major advantage over Obama.

[edit on 30-8-2008 by vor78]

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 05:55 PM
link   
vor78 I suggest you check the scandals in her office, that alone show that when it comes to experience she is lacking.

www.ktva.com...

www.bloggingstocks.com...

www.swamppolitics.com...

Is more to the woman that is not been advertised.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

I'm well aware of the accusations flying around in Alaska. She has made some enemies up there, including in her own party after she exposed a lot of corruption in the Republican ranks there, and I think its politically motivated. I don't think there's anything to them, but we'll have to see what happens. I don't believe anything will come of it.

[edit on 30-8-2008 by vor78]

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 06:14 PM
link   
vor78, when Obama choose his running mate I thought that it was the end of his chances of the White House, but even when Biden is nothing but another corporate butt kisser he got a long political career behind his back.

I even saw McCain victory coming, but now I can pretty much tell you that McCain chances to the White House has gone down the drain with Sarah barracuda as the VP.

Pity.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by jamie83

I am not an Obamacrat, nor am I neo-con, and I admire intellectual honesty, but it seems as if you think McCain and company's poop is effervescent. These politicians care about US CORP, and that does not include people that live, breathe, and eat Chipolte (a subsidiary of McDonald's Corp). So why all the violin playing? To paraphrase Ellis Henican, a rhetorical scholar/critic and genius (picture below), we aren't electing a stack of position papers, we are electing a human being to be president, and we have to know everything about that person.

[edit on 30-8-2008 by pluckynoonez]

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

I disagree. As long as these scandals don't blow up in his face (and again, I don't think they will), I believe she'll prove to be an asset to McCain. She has quite clearly energized the Republican base like never before in this election cycle. The McCain campaign is claiming that it has taken in $7 million since the announcement. Based on what I'm hearing at other forums from conservatives donating for the first time, I believe it. They absolutely love her and unless something truly enormous comes out against her, I don't think that will change.

That leaves the remaining target, moderates and undecideds (and women in particular from both groups). We'll probably have to wait a couple of weeks while people learn more about her to get a good idea of how they view this, but the Rasmussen poll out today indicates that the initial reaction was very positive. I think those people, working class voters in particular, will like Sarah Palin as a person, and a great many of the same will identify with her story and her political beliefs, and that will help immensely.

Right now, I'm cautiously optimistic that this pick will help McCain. I love the pick, quite honestly, though undoubtedly, she still has a lot to prove, even to me.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 06:51 PM
link   
I happen to know Bob Lester personally -- As well as Palin.

This is all twisted, half-truths -- much as the MSM does. Just because it comes from a smaller venue or outlet -- doesn't make the journalism any less biased.

Wow...you guys who have never been up here, never lived up here have it all twisted around. *shakes head*

Dang..

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by vor78

She is wayy to inexperienced to even have been offered this position!

When asked a simple question about Iraq:

2 Top Alaska Newspapers Question Palin's Fitness

A reporter for the Anchorage daily, Gregg Erickson
*****SKIP*****
He added: "I have a hard time seeing how her qualifications stack up against the duties and responsibilities of being president.... I expect her to stick with simple truths. When asked about continued American troop presence in Iraq, she said she knows only one thing about that (I paraphrase): no one has attacked the American homeland since George Bush took the war to Iraq."

What?

He asked about the American troops in Iraq?

She sure has experience! Great choice!

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Keyhole

Note the words 'I paraphrase'.

I'd like to see what she actually said, in her own words, in context. I do NOT trust the Huffington (com)Post to give a Republican a fair hearing.

In her immediate defense, this is very similar to a standard Republican response to this question. It implies that the war in Iraq is a major front in the war on terror, and that by fighting that war, it is keeping the United States safe.

I'm not arguing the right or wrong of the statement, mind you, merely that this sounds like she was giving a standard, canned response you'll get from many Republican politicians on the issue.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Wow,

None of you have ever had to live under her administration -- and yet the controversy is already full-blown.

I have.

Tell me something, with an approval rating of 80% or better -- and the only person on both sides of the ticket (McCain, Biden, or Obama) has the only "Executive Branch" experience -- she is such a horrible person?

EDIT:

That "video" is a clip of the "Bob and Mark" show -- a local Rock Station morning show, known for it's "Shock Jock" style.

I happened to be sitting in my car the morning that aired, and I can tell you that certain parts were edited out -- you can even hear the cuts where the parts were spliced together.

If Bob Lester and co-host Mark were to hear this, they would be outraged ad the deliberate attempt to slander Gov. Sarah Palin.

[edit on 30-8-2008 by MystikMushroom]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join