It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Obama is Scary

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Obama is scary because his supporters are pretty much fanatics and have really no idea what his plans and goals are. If you listen to interview from the DNC its just mind blowing how people can follow somebody so blindly. Two examples come to mind, I can’t remember what news station had it and a reporter was talking to a lady who was on the floor (she is black if that matters) and it went something like this:

Reporter: So how is Barack Obama going to fix America’s economy?

Lady: Barack Obama is the right man for America and he’s going to do everything right.

Reporter: How is he going to fix the housing market?

Lady: He’s going to keep jobs in America and not out source jobs.

Notice that she never gave a REAL answer to questions. That’s pretty much the standard response from anybody who supports Obama. It’s the blind leading the blind. I can’t understand what is so appealing about the man. His ideas/policies are either very vague, or are not backed-up with an actual plan. Now before you start calling me a Bush lover and Im a racist, and all that over BS, I gave the man a chance. He lost me when he didn’t put his hand over his heart during the pledge and his refusal to wear a US Flag pin.

My opinion: The man is un-patriotic and he will ruin this country if he gets elected. He is more of a celebrity than a politician. He is more concerned about improving the image of the US world wide than doing what needs to be done, even if the rest of the world doesn’t agree with us.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by The_Jackal94

I'll play. What is Mccain going to do about the economy and the housing market?

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by The_Jackal94

My opinion: The man is un-patriotic and he will ruin this country if he gets elected. He is more of a celebrity than a politician. He is more concerned about improving the image of the US world wide than doing what needs to be done, even if the rest of the world doesn’t agree with us.

Yes because doing what we thought we had to do, no matter what the rest of the world thinks has worked really well for the past 8 years hasn't it?

I'd just like to point out that you admonished Obama supporters for blindly supporting him without providing any substantive reasons why. Then you do the exact same thing by claiming that he is "un-patriotic," and will "ruin this country."

Could you please elaborate as to why you believe Obama to be un-patriotic? Please follow your own guidelines and provide supporting evidence to back up your claims. Also, please expand on why you believe that improving our image abroad is such a dangerous strategy.

I eagerly await your response.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by The_Jackal94

"Notice that she never gave a REAL answer to questions"

Is that not the politicians job?
seriously, all these thread about Obama and McCain and how different they are and how much better one is than the other...ARE YOU SERIOUS???

They are two sides of the same coin, they are politicians it's their job to LIE!
Do you think America or the UK for that matter will ever have anyone who is actually concerned for the people or the welfare of the country?

C'mon guys, you're on ATS....i thought you were smarter than this?

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 10:35 AM
link   
I don't find Obama scary.

I simply have to vote on the issues and weigh how much each of those issues amount to on the "scale". Each party has some issues I support strongly and Each party has some issues I do not support strongly. And of course NEITHER party I agree with on many many issues.

It is a scale, plain and simple... take emotion out of the equation. McCain is not Bush and Obama is not the Anti-Christ.

Next weigh the issues that matter to you both individually and what is best for the "people" of this nation and assign a number value. Determine which party supports that value and put it on that side of the scale. Now add them up. Know what the real issues are and really research them... or if you want input, make a post with a question... who supports (this item) more / less and why.

I find that half of my items never made it to either side of the scale or that neither party supports my issue enough to place it on a particular side.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 10:35 AM
link   

He lost me when he didn’t put his hand over his heart during the pledge and his refusal to wear a US Flag pin.

Supposedly he didn't know it was proper etiquitte to place his hand over his heart ... not sure HOW he didn't know, but that's the story I heard. Wait, was it during the pledge or during the National Anthem?

Also, I didn't like the fact that he stated there was no reason to wear the flag pin ... but I liked it even less when he suddenly started to wear it again, with no explanation. What was that all about? It was proof that he's a typical politician and cares about the polls.

I agree that Obama is scary. He is very charismatic and is a wonderful speaker, no doubt about it, but that doesn't make someone qualified to be President. When I see his supporters swoon and cry when he speaks it makes me seriously wonder if he has some Voodoo Queen who has put a spell on his supporters. It's really that nutty!

I can't get over the fact that no matter what he does that is questionable and no matter who he affiliates with, people are willing to risk the fate of our country on him. Obama is scary but his supporters are the ones that I am really afraid of!!!

Jemison

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Jemison

Supposedly he didn't know it was proper etiquitte to place his hand over his heart ... not sure HOW he didn't know, but that's the story I heard. Wait, was it during the pledge or during the National Anthem?

So, you speak on something that was passed onto you. Hmmm. Google is your friend.

I agree that Obama is scary.

Wow, so why is he is such a scary person? Did you hear that from someone else and figured he'd be scary to you.

Man, you guys come out of the woodwork. This is nonsense.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 11:22 AM
link   
his the antichrist the tall dark one that will charm everyone with his charm and rule the whole world and bring the end of days his power will be greatest in the time of 2012 "nostradamas"

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 11:34 AM
link   
I will have to agree. Obama is kinda scary. Not for his political views or anything like that, but it is simply his whole persona. There is something about the way he speaks that makes me feel like he is trying to brainwash me, and the rest of the country. The scary thing is, is how many people are hanging on his every word almost as if he is something to be worshiped. I know a whole lot of hardcore republicans that are voting for Obama, because, "There is just something about him" WTF???

Look, I really try not to get into political discussions here much because quite frankly, both candidates completely suck. McCain will most likely be dead before November, I have held my job longer than Obama has been in any kind of public office. That does not qualify me to run my company. I would need more experience for that. I don't want a president that has only been in D.C. for such a short period of time.

Our country is faced with a perfect opportunity to show our government that we won't settle for pre-determined candidates. It is time we stand up and write-in candidates that will truly make a difference. I have no doubt that it will make no difference in November whatsoever, but at least we can send a message.

So, if you are truly tired of being walked on, and spit upon by your own government, then I urge you to join me in November and vote for a third party, or write in a candidate.

The US has only been a nation for a little over 200 years and we have already abandoned the principals on which we were founded.

"A GOVERNMENT BY THE PEOPLE, FOR THE PEOPLE!!"

[edit on 8/30/2008 by JesterMan]

[edit on 8/30/2008 by JesterMan]

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Why Obama is scary ?

.... Because he wouldn't wear an American Flag pin or place his hand over his heart during the pledge of allegiance...?

My Dad grew up during WWII in Germany. Under the party rule, on any national holiday if you didn't drape your flag from your home irregardless of whether you were a party supporter/member or not, you were "reported" to the authorities. This meant problems, just think of the triple "K" here in the US.

My grandfather though not a party member, but being a German citizen was obligated to fight in the German army in Russia due to the war initiated by the ruling party. Meanwhile my Grandma and Dad in Germany were getting bombed to smithereens by B-17's. Being bombed by "Blockbuster" bombs is not fun. In fact, most of my extended family were wiped out in air raids and I have no cousins in Germany.

What scares me is my alternative choice in this so called election is a candidate who jokingly advocates the bombing of Iran and uses his military service of bombing "gooks" as a basis of patriotism ?

In stark contrast, in our Free country a true patriotic candidate, a veteran, a medical doctor, who's goal was to uphold the constitution for which this great country was founded upon and not to incite preemptive wars for corporate profit of Halliburton, KBR , BP and Exxon was quickly branded a kook, a misfit, and quickly whisked under the rug ?

Thats what scares me....

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 01:23 PM
link   
I think Obama is very scary, and I wonder if we would get into a Civil War if he is elected. Hello, John Titor, is anybody there? If he gets elected, are there going to be riots in the street, etc? Where I live is very, ummm, kkk?

new topics

top topics

join