It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did you catch this? How convenient it seems.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 12:30 AM
link   
This little clip is from news.aol.com. Don't worry folks, higher gas prices are coming again.

"Retail gas prices rose Friday for the first time in 43 days as analysts warned that a direct hit on Gulf energy infrastructure could send pump prices hurtling toward $5 a gallon. Crude oil prices ended slightly lower in a volatile session as some traders feared supply disruptions and others bet the government will release supplies from the Strategic Petroleum Reserve."

Prices could skyrocket toward $5 a gallon? That's over a $1 dollar leap. The truth seems to be, the price is being inched up bit by bit, no matter what. It's just that a storm seems like a convenient way to just make a big leap in price. Next thing you know $4.50 is the norm for a gallon of gas, no storm required. And even though the storm is gone, I bet it wouldn't go below $4 anymore.

I don't plan on being a poor man the rest of my life, or depend on oil forever, and worry about fuel prices. But, still, this is enough.

Link here:
news.aol.com...

Troy

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 12:47 AM
link   
If you are a homeowner I suggest you look into geothermal, close or open loop or well supplied.

I am planning to take the plunge next year.

For about 20K you can heat and cool your house at 1/4 the power consumption. For a bit more you can generate the electricty to power it all, and sell some back.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 04:05 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 12:18 AM
link   
I think it's a good thing financially and earth-wise to just get away from oil.

There is nothing wrong with making a lot of money, but do you have to rip the public off to do it? How much profit do you have to have, at the expense of people who are having a hard time? Fuel is part of the foundation that makes the world function. People are going to use fuel, why do you need to jack the prices up so much? There isn't a shortage of consumers.

The oil kings aren't hurting for money.

If you want to be rich, that's great! But don't hurt people to do it.

Besides, there is money to be made in alternative fuels.

Troy

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Just saw on CNN money that crude has jumped 3 dollars. CNN calls this a "special electronic trading session". I've never seen any trading on the weekend before...especially Labor day weekend. I wonder how high oil and gas prices will be on Tuesday. Special Oil trading session

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 01:25 AM
link   
I haven't seen anything major yet as far as prices. I guess we will see tomorrow.

Troy

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 08:04 AM
link   
reply to post by cybertroy

It's tanking.......how low will it go? I'm eating my hat.........

apnews.myway.com...

top topics

join