It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Palin flip-flops on various issues. Could we trust her as VP?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 09:19 PM
link   
I just find it ironic that the John Mccain camp has been criticizing Obama for "flip-flopping" and they chose someone who flip-flops themselves for VP.

alaskapride.blogspot.com...

Apparently Palin ran safety as part of her platform for governer and she has proposed cutting the Alaskian state troopers budget.

Who's the flip-flopper now?

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 09:23 PM
link   
State troopers in Alaska are quite unique. And to be honest, you don't NEED that many state troopers.

Kinda funny, but Jon Stewart had someone on discussing state troopers in Alaska a while back.

Go watch it and have a look.

I don't know honestly. It could be to put the money where it's needed: in the residential areas. But I've been to Alaska. Not many big residential areas. (but I have a feeling I'm wrong as I'm no expert.)

[edit on 29-8-2008 by Gorman91]

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Frankidealist35

It's not even the VP. I have seen McCain flip flop much more. Even in the span of 15 minutes lol. But of course the corporate news won't cover that to the extent it's been done or about how McCain's "spiritual guide" says it is the U.S.'s duty to destroy Islam.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Soulstone

And it was Obama's pastor who said similar.

I don't think they are that greatly effected by the religious folk. I wouldn't be surprised if most of them are atheists at heart. It's all for the cameras. Jebus land likes to know you believe in jebus.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Not everyone accuses Obuma of 'flip-flopping'. There are times where he may become more educated on issues and change his mind. That goes with the territory. ALL politicians do that - sometimes because they truely have learned something and are doing what they feel is right, other times because they are letting the polls lead them. The point is, when a politician changes his mind or position, it isn't always referred to as 'flip flopping.'

And frankly, I don't think you really believe that Palin is a flip-flopper. I think you (and the vast majority of the Obama supporters) are very scared right now and don't quite know how to react to the McCain-Palin ticket.

Jemison

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Seriously, I have never seen the Dems this desperate and panicked in a LOOONG time.

Palin is a flip-flopper over the state trooper story?

HELLOOOOAH???

Ever hear of the FISA bill that Obama pledged to filibuster and instead voted for?

[edit on 30-8-2008 by jamie83]

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Since her primary goal seems to be putting creationism in schools, I think the question is much simpler than can you trust her.

The choice is whether you wish to live in a Theocracy or go back to the pursuit of a more democratic nation with equality and freedom of religion by for and of the people.

Those of you who may be swayed by the religious pull, should consider who's religion will ultimately be the only religion, and the enforcer of the new religious law.

I would no more wish to live under the rule of the Bush / McCain religion than Sharia law.

Be extremely careful what you choose, I believe you will actually get it this time around.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 12:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Frankidealist35

I dunno. I think it depends on the flip-flop. Is it a mind change? or is it a response to a change of mind in the constituency you represent?

There are as many reasons for a reasonable flipflop as there are for unreasonable ones.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Senator McCain and Gov. Palin may be well-paid politicians who can pay for their fancy shoes

but it is *US* who will pay for their flip flops

i dunno who said it - i just remember hearing it

and its so unbelievably true

new topics

top topics

join