It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mcain's VP NRA memebr... I'm sold.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

Hell yeah!!!!! Who cares if we can afford to get to the job we might be able to keep/find. Who cares how many more soldiers die for...well I am not sure what they are dying for. Who cares if noone can afford health care. Who cares if food costs keep going up and up and up 4 times the rate of inflation. We will get to keep our guns!!!
And we will surely need them after four more years of everything else.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 12:42 AM
link   

"...I heard Hitler never invaded due to the armed population."

Who told you this? Why would you have believed them? Simply put, if the shi* hits the fan, your gun, assault rifle, m-16 will get you blown up with a predator controlled hellfire.
No one is taking away your guns.

ColoradoJens

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 12:53 AM
link   
to hell with guns!

to all gun owners who own their guns for self-protection:

when was the last time you needed your gun? honestly.

the NRA says guns dont kill people, people do. but i think the gun helps.
Eddy Izzard

Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent.
Isaac Asimov, Salvor Hardin in "Foundation"

An eye for an eye leaves the whole world blind.
Gandhi

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 12:59 AM
link   
reply to post by the13thdeceptionist

Hitler invaded all of Europe except Switzerland & England. Switzerland being a nation that, by law, mandates military service and gun knowledge.

And the fact is the government is a lot less inclined to take rights from an armed populace then a hippy peace loving populace.

reply to post by Tiamanicus

We're billions in debt. If you have a way to afford health care for 300 million, please, do tell.

Also, about the death toll in Iraq, the war is basically won now. Why do you think it's out of the news? This year marks the lowest death toll since the war began AND, as many videos show, the final shift into putting Iraqi's in control of their own nation

The reason the death toll is down is because our forces aren't involved as much. We are withdrawing. The war is over.

[edit on 31-8-2008 by Gorman91]

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 01:04 AM
link   

No, Switzerland was not invaded for two reasons - it was neutral, and because it helped the Nazis by laundering their money, allowing the Germans to trade internationally, even after their currency was destroyed.

Also, don't even bother comparing Switzerland's armed population with that of the US. The two are not even remotely the same. For one, the Swiss are highly trained with their guns, unlike most Americans. Also, they have mandatory repeat training, and rifle ranges in every town. The guns are NOT for self-defence, but for defence of the country, as an addition to the armed forces. They don't have that paranoid "oh my god some is going to rob me or rape my dog" sense that most US gun owners I've talked to have.

But nice try.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Just for clarification, you honestly believe that Hitler was afraid of the Swiss populace? He somehow mustered up the ganas to go for it against Russia but he thought the Swiss were too tough? Do you understand the history of Swiss Neutrality and collusion? BTW I like your NorthAmericanUnion flag.

ColoradoJens

[edit on 31-8-2008 by ColoradoJens]

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 01:22 AM
link   
reply to post by ColoradoJens

I don't have a flag...

And Russia's citizens were a tad bit on the "don't upset Stalin" side.

reply to post by dave420

They are still the population. And even if they're part of the army, they are the people. They have thoughts and opinions.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 01:51 AM
link   

Regardless, the idea of the Swiss Ski-Jumping and Chalet-ing their way to victory over those pesky Nazis is quite misinformed, in any case. And I was commenting on the red flag/symbol in your signature. I think it is interesting and I like the color.

Peace,

ColoradoJens

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 03:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91
reply to post by the13thdeceptionist

Hitler invaded all of Europe except Switzerland & England. Switzerland being a nation that, by law, mandates military service and gun knowledge.

And the fact is the government is a lot less inclined to take rights from an armed populace then a hippy peace loving populace.

We're billions in debt. If you have a way to afford health care for 300 million, please, do tell.

Also, about the death toll in Iraq, the war is basically won now. Why do you think it's out of the news? This year marks the lowest death toll since the war began AND, as many videos show, the final shift into putting Iraqi's in control of their own nation

The reason the death toll is down is because our forces aren't involved as much. We are withdrawing. The war is over.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL
oh gosh that is funny. The war is almost won! yay!!! only what 4 years after it was declared over with completely? That is some progress to make a point with. LOLOLOLOLOL

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 05:05 AM
link   

Can't you even be bothered to construct a proper argument? Just because they're people doesn't mean SQUAT. The guns they have, the training they have, the circumstances they live in, and the reason they have the guns are all completely different to the US. You see guns and think it's entirely the same.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Man those guns is gunna come in handy when the evil government starts poisoning our air, food, and water. And hell, if anything will combat Blackwater and make them turn tail and run, it is gunna be the guy with the scared wife and kids and a stockpile of weapons he never realized he can only use two of at a time. Thank god they dont have chemical, biological, nuclear, microwave weapons to use against us. If they did, then our guns might be completely useless.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by dave420

I don't know what gun owners you've talked to or dealt with but the ones I know are more knowledgeable of all firearms than most of the cops I know.
To say that US gun owners are not trained is based on Anti-firearm talking points used in most debates. It is a falicy, false, wrong, and totaly untrue. A very small minority of people who buy guns do not have basic training in they're use!

Zindo

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZindoDoone
reply to post by dave420

I don't know what gun owners you've talked to or dealt with but the ones I know are more knowledgeable of all firearms than most of the cops I know.
To say that US gun owners are not trained is based on Anti-firearm talking points used in most debates. It is a falicy, false, wrong, and totaly untrue. A very small minority of people who buy guns do not have basic training in they're use!

Zindo

I think that was his point. You say most gunowners have basic training. He is talking about a population that is regularly trained and trained some more with guns. There is a big difference between a society that uses guns as tools and Americans who use guns for whatver they feel like buying one for.

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 11:43 AM
link   

I guess I should have used the words "Even basic training" In 50 years of competing and shooting in general, I think I have met 2 people who did not have an exacting understanding of the arms they chose to own and shoot. They just happened to be beginners and did know what was needed after learning the basics and moving on to more understanding! And if owning and buying a firearm 'for anything they want to' is a bad thing then buying any other tool falls under that same falicy. Arms of any type are just that, tools, for accomplishing tasks. Like hammers and nails. 99% of those tasks are not of a criminal nature amongst our law abbiding citizens!!

Zindo

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 03:44 PM
link   

What exactly makes you think Americans buy guns just because? We buy them as tools to. It's an insurance policy against anmything that goes wrong.

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Res Ipsa

I've got a daughter that is just reaching "dating age". I gave her this advice about boys......"Don't pay any attention to what they say....pay attention to what they do!".....I think that advice holds true also when weeding thru electable officials.

You obviously lean toward the democrats based on that ideology I would guess. look closely at how the two ideologies have actually merged in substance....forget about what they are telling you...look at what they are doing.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 09:58 PM
link   
I heard a news report where she claimed to be the mother of the child she now admits is her daughters child and she is also under criminal investigation for things she did in Alaska. I think it wouldn't be wise to jump on her bandwagon so fast. Also, there are stories like this one below about John McCain as well.

Former Congressmen Warn Troops: As Senator McCain Abandoned American POWs Trapped in Indochina; as President He'll Abandon You
Special to the U.S. Veteran Dispatch
By former U.S. Congressmen Bill Hendon (R-NC)
and John LeBoutillier (R-NY)
August 16, 2008

www.usvetdsp.com...

Also see:

www.vietnamveteransagainstjohnmccain.com...

With his less than credible conservative credentials and her motherhood claims to go along with her criminal investigations, it would be unwise to jump on their bandwagon at this point. The rhetoric is not matching the reality with these two (John McCain and his Vice Presidential nominee). The last thing we need in office is another fraud like Bush.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Getting back to the title of the OP's thread "Mcain's VP NRA membr...I'm sold". This is an uninformed way to vote. It also exposes your intelligence regarding the larger issues at hand and you are exactly who "they" are targeting with nominal issues. Do not become consumed with one issue. Again, to defend the 2nd amendement is noble and needed. With this comes the need to inform one's self of the things that REALLY matter. I will assert that you will not lose your guns if Obama is elected, as he has said publicy he wants to uphold and defend the 2nd amendment, but yes, he IS in favor of REGULATIONS. This is how we as a country function. When the regulations become too strict, he is voted OUT of office (if it were ever to come to this). Then we go through the motions again. But realistically, we are discussing the regulation of semi/automatic weapons that rarely are even seen in the hands of our local law enforcement. My two cents.

ColradoJens

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by ColoradoJens
Getting back to the title of the OP's thread "Mcain's VP NRA membr...I'm sold". This is an uninformed way to vote. It also exposes your intelligence regarding the larger issues at hand and you are exactly who "they" are targeting with nominal issues. Do not become consumed with one issue. Again, to defend the 2nd amendement is noble and needed. With this comes the need to inform one's self of the things that REALLY matter. I will assert that you will not lose your guns if Obama is elected, as he has said publicy he wants to uphold and defend the 2nd amendment, but yes, he IS in favor of REGULATIONS. This is how we as a country function. When the regulations become too strict, he is voted OUT of office (if it were ever to come to this). Then we go through the motions again. But realistically, we are discussing the regulation of semi/automatic weapons that rarely are even seen in the hands of our local law enforcement. My two cents.

ColradoJens

Thats not true. We never seem to get rid of the bad laws the previous people put into place. We just carry them along longer and longer.

When you combine the government democrats want to add with the government republicans want to add, then you get a communist government. And that is what happens.

Did Reagan or Bush 1 ever get rid of the dept of education Carter setup? Nope, even though they were supposedly against it. What government agency's did Clinton do away with? Which government agencies/programs did Bush 2 get rid of?

They just keep adding things, they never take it away.

Is Obama or McCain going to get rid of the dept of homeland security? FISA? etc.

Seriously, wake up to what is going on around you.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 12:34 AM
link   
reply to post by badmedia

Bad media, I agree with everything you said in your post, except with it regarding the 2nd amendment and the OP's premise (title indicating this is the ONLY issue that is important to him, when neither he nor anyone else can show me there is either a) some conspiracy to take away all guns from the populace - which is not supported by either the public or voting stance of both Democrats and Republicans, or b) a historical fact in which to base the idea that "they" will take your guns. When was the last "Prohibition" on guns? Has there ever been one? Why would there be one? Wake up? Again, it's an issue they WANT you and me to be discussing when it is moot. And again, I agree with your post.

ColoradoJens

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join