It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

woman and Alaska

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 04:55 PM
link   
As a woman I feel highly insulted that John McCain thinks I'll vote for him because he's VP is a woman. It's like he thinks we're gonna say.."hoo its a woman; I'm going to vote for him because of that". I feel like he is trying to say that we are not smart enough or incapable of choosing a Pres. because we agree with his policies (or at least think one is the lesser of two evils).

Do any other woman feel like this.

Also does anyone else find it convenient that he chose a VP from the state he wants to drill in and destroy?

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by mateandbucky06
As a woman I feel highly insulted that John McCain thinks I'll vote for him because he's VP is a woman. It's like he thinks we're gonna say.."hoo its a woman; I'm going to vote for him because of that". I feel like he is trying to say that we are not smart enough or incapable of choosing a Pres. because we agree with his policies (or at least think one is the lesser of two evils).

Do any other woman feel like this.

Also does anyone else find it convenient that he chose a VP from the state he wants to drill in and destroy?

You don't even know anything about Sarah Palin do you? Have you bothered to find out where she stands on the issues?

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 05:11 PM
link   
I think your assumption might be a little incorrect. I hardly doubt that he picked her strictly to pick up the womans vote. Were you also insulted by Hillary Clinton running for President? I mean, after all she must have done it just to get the womans vote right?

This is a case of "Damned if you do, damned if you don't" if I have ever seen one I guess. Not trying to insult you but maybe I was unclear on your reasoning.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 05:12 PM
link   
I'm a woman and I don't feel this way at all.

In fact, I lived in Alaska for a number of years and I like her.

I think your view is rather narrow minded. Try doing some research on her.

Also, have you been to Alaska?
Seriously. Go visit there, or live there before deciding on whether or not we should drill there.

Just sayn!

[edit on 8/29/2008 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Regardless of why he did it, it is pretty much the truth.. although across the board (both men and women, all races, republican and democrat).

Am I insulted? Not at all. I make sure to know the issues regardless of race, sex, age, party, etc.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by mateandbucky06

That's certainly your right. However, I would ask you one simple question. Would you have given serious consideration to voting for John McCain if he had made the traditional selection of a white male?

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

It sounds like you aren't the only one. Sarah Palin has about an 80% approval rating in Alaska.

Apparently, even many of the Dems up there like her. Imagine that!

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 05:34 PM
link   

You don't even know anything about Sarah Palin do you? Have you bothered to find out where she stands on the issues?

Actually I couldn't help but not find out all I could about her seeing as no one has ever heard of her. One advantage of choosing someone with no experience is there is very little dirt you can dig up about them. I do now know that she is being investigated by her own legislature for abuse of power. I also know that she is for opening up all of Alaska for oil exploitation (oops, I meant exploration) which will make the republicans happy. I also know that she is a staunch supporter against abortion and for capital punishment. Uh, wait, they don't really go together, maybe I'm just confused.
As far as supporting the troops, I couldn't agree with you more. In fact I support them so much I'd like to see every single one of them come home before they are killed or maimed.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by vor78

I was not planning on voting for McCain regardless if his VP is a woman or a white male. I disagree with many of his views and where he stands, especially dealing with same sex marriage, abortion. Also to explain more on my original post I was heated from watching CNN. This is the first time I will be voting ( I am 24) during the last election I was old enough to vote but didn't care about anything but myself at the time. Now that I am older and in the military I am taking voting very seriously because one of these people will be my Boss.

Well I guess I am mostly caught up in the fact that she is the Governor of Alaska. I am highly against drilling there. I feel that the consequences of drilling there are going to be dangerous and possibly unfixable (yes I know thats not a real word :duh

I probably shouldn't let TV get me heated, but its hard not to. I did look up some more information on her and I am still not a fan.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Obama wants to significantly reduce military innovation and forces. In other words, he wants to do what Clinton did but worse!

Clinton did it just after the cold-war. Obama wants to do it with a renewed Russian cold-war and during an all new cold-war with China.

Now is not a good time to join the military.

Obama's lead foreign policy advisor stated his book "The Grand Chessboard" which is blueprint for the New World Order dictatorship, that both Russia and China must be defeated.

In his book, he stated Russia must be "buffered" by converting her former Republics into NATO allies.

Russia is now sending a message, it will not play along.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by sos37

Yeah - i did.

Sarah Palin

But then again - if you look at that link - you realize....she doesnt stand on anything.

What a prime candidate.

She goes from Trophy Wife to Trophy VP.

The McCain campaign played the female hillary vote and decided to use sexual appeal to win the White House

its still not going to work

put her up on the debate podium and watch biden tear her a new one

by the way - no crying that he's not going easy on a girl come october.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 09:45 PM
link   
What the friggin hell is McCain doing??
all the while righties are trying to keep a straight face about it.
I mean seriously he just put his party into a very risky situation here, does he really think women will fall head over heels and vote for him? How blatantly obvious can you be by choose somebody for their gender? What the heck is that? I want to know who is running McCains campaign.

And let me just add something else, did you see that picture on CNN of Palin and McCain standing together and Palin is holding a baby while McCain is standing there all manly? How gender stereotypical can you get? I never knew how stuck in the past the GOP was. This woman is against her own right to choose might I add.

Oh the hypocrisy!

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by jetxnet

Obama wants to significantly reduce military innovation and forces. In other words, he wants to do what Clinton did but worse!

I know you wont - but ill ask anyways

can you provide one shred of actual evidence to support that claim?

Because everythign i've known about Obama says that you are a liar.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Andrew E. Wiggin

That's very easy to do, at least on the front of 'innovation':

In his own words, he will slow development of future combat systems

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Andrew E. Wiggin
reply to post by jetxnet

I know you wont - but ill ask anyways

can you provide one shred of actual evidence to support that claim?

Because everythign i've known about Obama says that you are a liar.

I think this is what you're looking for Wiggin. I'm sure you'll try to spin Obama's words into something else, but he said what he said. Listen and get your notebook out and write down your thoughts.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 10:09 PM
link   
And back to the topic...the McCain campaign is claiming that between the time Sarah Palin was announced as VP and 6pm ET tonight, they took in $3 million.

Obviously, if that's true, it was a grand slam in terms of firing up the base.

Link (Its merely a one line confirmation from Time)

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by vor78
reply to post by Andrew E. Wiggin

That's very easy to do, at least on the front of 'innovation':

In his own words, he will slow development of future combat systems

Wow thats a nice video. Hey I can get heaps of videos where McCain talks about experience, the need for foreign policy experience in the whitehouse and military experience yadda yadda. Meanwhile the man chooses a VP and is less experienced than Obama, has only been in a serious political position for two years and is only two McCain heartbeats away from the whitehouse. I mean how hypocritical can you get, and why on earth are you showing us a rightwing propaganda video that has nothing to do with the thread?

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by southern_Guardian

The video proves nothing

cutting "wasteful" spending on "pointless programs" doesnt mean reudcing the size of the military

it means investing in worthwhile tehcnology as a different option

but don't expect anything resembling a non-rush-Limbaugh inspired opinion out of these guys

link   
reply to post by southern_Guardian

Obama's own statements, deviod of any editorializing other than the title, constitute a right wing propoganda video?

Wow.

link   
reply to post by mateandbucky06

I think this is a gutsy and smart move by Mcain. I dislike the man, but you have to give him some credit. He passed over several Neocons and picked someone who is slightly different.

In fact Ron Paul supporters at one time suggested her, for his VP. This lady actually has some nice things to say about Ron Paul:

"He's a good guy," she added. "He's so independent. He's independent of the party machine. I'm like, 'Right on, so am I.'"

Source:htt p://newsroom.mtv.com/2008/08/29/sarah-palin-republican-vice-presidential-nominee-plugs-romney-paul-but-not-mccain-in-mtv-interview/

Mcain is trying to win back some of Ron Paul supporters, or the Libertarian voters to vote for his ticket. Hard to admit, but it looks like this OLD dog Mcain has a few tricks left in him...

I don't think I'll vote for him...but still a smart move on his part.

[edit on 29-8-2008 by Gateway]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join