It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama: I'll cope with Russian aggression

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 06:55 AM
link   

Obama: I'll cope with Russian aggression

www.russiatoday.com

“I will rebuild our military to meet future conflicts. But I will also renew the tough, direct diplomacy that can prevent Iran from obtaining nuclear weapons and curb Russian aggression.”
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 06:55 AM
link   
So, it seems Obama is just becoming the same "hardliner" like McCain. What troubles me in this sentence are three words:

- rebuild
- renew
and curb

Rebuilding the army? Renew diplomacy to be tougher? Are we still talking about Obama? What the heck is going on with this election? Does it really matter anymore who will get the presidency? It seems the result will be the same.

I am a little disappointed about Obama, even if I know that even president he would never pull the strings - at least (untill now) he never was so .. McCain.

www.russiatoday.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 29/8/08 by absente]

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 07:14 AM
link   
I don't really think defence spending needs to be increased to cope with Russia. The US currently spends $547 billion and Russia only $35.4 billion. They can do more with less cash but not "that" much more.

yearbook2008.sipri.org...

Also I agree that Obama is looking more and more like McCain when it comes to foreign policy.

[edit on 29-8-2008 by Aries45]

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by absente

So, it seems Obama is just becoming the same "hardliner" like McCain. What troubles me in this sentence are three words:

- rebuild
- renew
and curb

You would prefer it this way perhaps?

I will reinstate the military draft to champion future conflicts. And I will also renew the tough, direct gunboat diplomacy that can prevent Iran from obtaining nuclear weapons and crush Russian aggression.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 08:46 AM
link   
America is using the most popular person bullying tactics on russia. Knowing america can do anything, and the world, would believe americas side.

Why do people not do there homework, before voting for people, is a joke.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 09:01 AM
link   
On a conspiracy site, it's natural to think in terms of NWO. But when I listen to what he actually SAYS and don't add meaning to it, it seems like the right thing to do.

Rebuild the military - it's suffering. Our military recruiters have lowered the standards for admission, the troops have served 3, 4 or 5 terms. They DESERVE a rest. The troops are stressed and stretched beyond their limit and PTSD is rampant. The men and women of our country who are serving NEED to be "rebuilt". The USA is known for a strong, able military with the funds to protect them properly and treat them when they come back home. And right now, that's not what we have. I think that's what he means by rebuilt our military.

Renew diplomacy... I don't see a problem here. Instead of jumping in, bombs blazing, we need to be a country that goes to our enemies and boldly faces them to say, "Look, let's talk about this so that we can both benefit from working it out. Or, else..."

Curb Russian aggression? I'm a bit concerned about that one, too, but then, I think the Bush administration had its fingers in that and it won't be so hard to quell once Cheney is out of there. That's where Obama's tough, direct diplomacy will come in.

Obama, contrary to popular belief is not the most liberal senator. He's actually 46th out of 100. He's quite centrist for a "liberal". Dick Durbin in the most liberal.

He is not at all like McCain.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 09:11 AM
link   
our military is suffering because globalist asshats like bush, obama, and mccain keep sending our troops to every last god forsaken corner of the world. If our military was all brought home to protect our own damn borders i assure you we would have the strongest military in the world, and there would be no trouble with recruitment.

what obama is saying right there is "hey im a part of the new world order just like mccain and bush and i will play the same damn fiddle they will as the empire burns. more troops! more weapons contracts! more wars!...obama change you can believe in!"

the truth is this country is hijacked my manical globalists. i hope russia china and iran continue to stand up against them, until we the people can overthrow these corrupt scoundrels.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

You are right, it does seem like the right thing to do. HOW is what worries me.

How does he plan to rebuild the military?? In what way does he want to rebuild it. Yes our troops need a rest, but the only way they are going to get one is if there are more troops. No one wants to enlist anymore. Our money is tapped out. So what can be done?

As for the rest of it, I cant see it happening any time soon. There are just too many problems, and they are not just going to miraculously disapear when Bush gets out office. No matter who the next president will be.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheRepublic
the truth is this country is hijacked my manical globalists. i hope russia china and iran continue to stand up against them, until we the people can overthrow these corrupt scoundrels.

You should ask the son of god, david icke to come and answer your prayers, thats what he is here for. Or voice of the people, alex jones.

Come on really, there is no chance you people have against the mind controlled society they have set up. People walk around, not having a clue. They think things like mind control by governments is stuff of fiction. So how do you expect any great numbers to rise up, unless the rulers say so.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 09:25 AM
link   
This seems like a perfectly sensible thing to say, i can't see how anyone can question this..

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by absente

I've said this before: Obama = Mcain = Neocons = More of the same!!

Lefties, Righties; what we have here is more of the same. More government, More Spending, More inflation, More Wars, More of the same...

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 09:33 AM
link   
what a fool and ass obama is ..

Obama I challenge you , go ahead attack Russia , and your sorry ass will be vaporised by Russian nuclear missiles

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by absente
Does it really matter anymore who will get the presidency? It seems the result will be the same.

So you just now realize this.

"Change you can believe in" - yep, and people still have that in their head and believe it.
Well, deep inside they dont, but as one person I know put it, "what choice do we have?"

So 'choosing' the better of 2 evils seems to be what is happening here - but that is really an illusion, as you pointed out - the 2 evils are the same.

What does make change, is when people finally wake up and take responsibility for their own lifes decisions. Not wait to pass it off onto some political leader who can later take them by the hand and guide them down a road they dont want to go.

The change is not some fight - it is not some rebellion.
What you resist persist...what you fight, you strengthen.

What to do? Ignore it.
See, its ego and it wants to be taken seriously.
And with every bit of fear we feed the machine, it just keeps going.

Learn to love...love yourself, and this will in turn reach out to others... genuinely, and not some 'love' or 'peace' made up out of some egoic effort...which eventually fails.

Its then that you will realize that which is real cannot be threatened.
That which is not real strives to keep its version of the story alive.
When you realize its a story, then you can play it better - which is what those in control are doing, for the most part, with the sheep of the world.

I know its hard at first.
We are engulfed in a world of polarities and dualities which ignore the big bit of middle which connects the two sides.

Its hard when your mind has been conditioned how to perceive and react to the world.

Its hard, until you realize...its not hard.
There is nothing that needs to be done.

The few survive because of the energy fed into the system.

Peace

dAlen

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 11:42 AM
link   
The democrats treat Obama like he's some kind of god or miracle worker.

I watched the DNC earlier this week (you must know your enemy to defeat them) and I didn't know whether to laugh or cry, so I just got mad instead.

Well, Obama is going to have a tough time winng now with McCains pick for a running mate (Gov.Palin from Alaska).

The Dems want to paint a picture of how terrible it is in the United States. Let me tell you something, the people of this nation has got it made when comparing it to other nations.

The proplem with this nation is that almost everyone wants to "Keep up with the Joneses" and in doing so, live way above their means. If these people go bankrupt and end up losing what they've "worked" so hard for, then let it be. The lesson learn will be that there is nothing wrong with living a life that is humble.

[edit on 29/8/08 by Intelearthling]

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

did i say anything about alex jones or david icke? what are you talking about?

what im saying is that if the USA and EU keep trying to step up to russia, china, and iran the people of those globalist countries will see that their leaders are batpoop insane. thats when people will stop being brainwashed. everyday i talk to more and more people that know this election is a farce and there is no real choice. everyday that passes we get closer to overthrowing these scoundrels. im not saying we will win against them, but we arnt going away silently.

and if they try and start a major war with iran or russia the common people will not buy it no matter what the media says. there will be riots in the streets. recruitment centers will be torched. the common people are waking up out of their brainwashing, and they are not happy with their globalist masters.

new topics

top topics

join