It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another Mars Picture, Please have a look!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Havalon

Like I said, this picture is yeilding all sorts of odd sights! Good eye!

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by saturnus1962

The 'woman' that I see is to the right of the photo, it only looks like a pointed object beside a round object until you zoom in on it. I was using windows picture and fax viewer to zoom in on it.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 12:16 AM
link   
One thing I found to be of intreats in the picture is how the rocks at the front of the picture seemed to be stacked with smaller rocks filling in the gaps , almost as if they were placed there .
But what the heck do I know .

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 12:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Max_TO

Max that is something I mentally noted as well, they seem all too organized to be random. Good observation.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 02:30 AM
link   
Finally, i've been able to find some original images of the area in question in Opportunity's Panoramic Camera :: Sol 1570

This part of Opportunity's
traverse map shows where was the rover when it took the images in question: the target was roughly the area within the square (it's not easy to recognize due to the different angle and because less details are visible, but it its

The traverse map also shows a better perspective of what we are looking at.

As i've said in my previous post, the sun light was hitting the area
in question in a way that did hide many details: this is a shot taken from the same point some time after

These images show the same features:
marsrovers.nasa.gov...
marsrovers.nasa.gov...
marsrovers.nasa.gov...
marsrovers.nasa.gov...

Here at least, the features are sharp: space cadet, you should be so kind to outline the features you are interested to in one of these images:
i've also found a color image, here:

More informations, including a Sol by Sol description, can be found here.

[edit on 30/8/2008 by internos]

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 03:33 AM
link   
Thanks Internos for the attention you have given this. In all honesty the photo isn't near as intriguing using the SOL version! That's the part about a lot of the Mars pictures though that make them so hard to pin down anomalies, LOL! This is the best I can do, I omitted the 'woman' because in the picture you have shown, I zoomed in on it and it is clearly a shadow on the end of a rock, it doesn't seem to be standing freely like it looks in the picture version I had used.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 03:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Enigma Publius

Originally posted by fox_3000au
WOW!!!! When I read the thread title I just had too rush on in.
Ok what do we have here....
Well, it fits all other mars photo compositions... grainy, object along way away, contains lots of rocks. Hmmmm

Im gonna have too wait for a professional analysis on this one.

Good Luck.

yea another grainy photo from a multi million dollar camera...why doesn't that set off any alarm bells?

because that money was not spent on getting the best pictures in the history of all time, that money went to getting pictures taken on mars back to earth. BIIIIIIIIIIIIIG Difference!!!!!!

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 04:31 AM
link   
I think the most remarkable feature of the color picture is the way it shows sedimentary layers. I suppose that could be caused by wind but is there an atmosphere as such on Mars? Was water ever found? I can't recall.

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Azrael75

Originally posted by Enigma Publius

Originally posted by fox_3000au
WOW!!!! When I read the thread title I just had too rush on in.
Ok what do we have here....
Well, it fits all other mars photo compositions... grainy, object along way away, contains lots of rocks. Hmmmm

Im gonna have too wait for a professional analysis on this one.

Good Luck.

yea another grainy photo from a multi million dollar camera...why doesn't that set off any alarm bells?

because that money was not spent on getting the best pictures in the history of all time, that money went to getting pictures taken on mars back to earth. BIIIIIIIIIIIIIG Difference!!!!!!

best pictures of all time? no, but i do think they should be considerably better looking than a friggin camera phone...lol. they have better resolution than what we are told is "official level" get real.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join