It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fossils on Mars - A Collection of Evidence

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Thank you so much for this well compiled thread. I find it refreshing to know that someone out there is trying to put together well thought out, well researched, and well presented material for discussion.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 04:55 AM
link   
marsrover.nasa.gov...
This fossil face from the stuck rover Spirit looks a little like Michael Jackson to me.It was probably a creature that instead crawled across the ground than did the moonwalk.Part of the body seems to have escaped predators.Mars animals usually leave the head alone because a skull is too large to swallow or is UN-digestable.That's the best I can surmise after seeing so many Mars skulls in 5 plus years.This is exactly what the disinfo agents despise most....a clear picture.
Reduced and sanitized for your protection,details sometimes contrast better at different sizes. It's not really a ram's head after all.What is it?

[edit on 9-8-2009 by vze2xjjk]

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 05:00 AM
link   
reply to post by vze2xjjk

I can't tell if you're being serious

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 05:31 AM
link   
reply to post by ZombieOctopus

Yes I'm being very serious.
This is no time for levity,just brevity. Allow me to demo.
One of these things just doesn't belong.ha ha.

[edit on 9-8-2009 by vze2xjjk]

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 05:34 AM
link   

Are you ok there? Maybe you've been looking a little too hard at these photos, eh?

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZombieOctopus

Are you ok there? Maybe you've been looking a little too hard at these photos, eh?
I really see things that others miss because I draw and try to mentally convert 2 D to 3 D. This is purposely "cartoony" to allow even a 4 year old kid to see it.

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

The "Garvin Artifact" is,in my opinion,a retro car door handle,possibly 60's or 70's ?
Cant deduct what model but i am trying!

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Time for an update... this one is not actually on Mars, but found in a Martian Meteorite. I just realized I never added the ALH84001 meteorite fossils to this thread yet either...

But first I will add this recent find...

Egg found in Martian Meteorite

The Tissint Mars meteorite "egg"

SCIENTISTS claim this egg-shaped object is the final proof of life on Mars after finding it inside a meteorite from the Red Planet.

Professor Chandra Wickramasinghe said the globule from the rock named Tissint is rich in carbon and oxygen and insisted they could only have been produced by living organisms.

He added that they could not have been caused by contamination when they fell to Earth.

Prof Wickramasinghe, 72 — famous for controversial ideas such as that the flu virus and even life itself was brought to our planet by comets — said: "It is impossible to understand how carbon-rich particles of such uniform sizes and shapes got inside a rocky matrix if they are not relics of some algal species.

"Tissint was collected weeks after it fell, and terrestrial contamination seems unlikely. In any case the structures we found were on newly fractured surfaces, from the interior of the meteorite."

The meteorite was named after the village where it came down in the Sahara desert in Morocco last July.

meteorito-meteorite.blogspot.com...

DISCOVERY OF BIOLOGICAL STRUCTURES IN THE TISSINT MARS METEORITE

Summary. Preliminary SEM/EDAX studies of the Tissint meteorite shows projections of interior spherical globules rich in C and O. Such concentrations of carbonaceous material in a matrix of mineral grains poses a mystery if biological processes are excluded. They are consistent with remnants of biological structures, thus supporting earlier similar claims for the Mars meteorite ALH84001..

Key Words: Meteorites, Mars meteorite, panspermia, exobiology

The Tissint meteorite, identified as a meteorite from Mars, fell onto the Morrocan desert some 30 miles south of the village of Tissint on June 18, 2011. Shattered pieces of the meteorite were recovered in October 2011, and is only just coming to be analysed and studied. A thick fusion crust that surrounds the meteorite fragments give confidence in the assertion that the interior material is pristine and uncontaminated. Its mineralogic characterisation as olivine-phyric shergottite of Martian origin appears to be well accepted, with a most likely origin in a relatively young lava regolith that solidified 400-500 million years ago. The meteorite has been found to contain pockets of Martian atmosphere which also confirms its Martian origin.

Official Paper:

journalofcosmology.com...

A new thread on it here...

Egg found in Martian Meteorite
www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 9-5-2012 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2019 @ 05:26 PM
link   
wow! I was looking for a discussion on Charles Schulz's 400-page book on Martian Fossils based on NASA pics, but found only this thread (as well as Peanuts / Snoopy author references now that the comic writer's surname is now spelled the same as the scientist writer's) .

having trouble finding the book or links about it. did it get disappeared or something?

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Man, I miss these kinds of threads and people like Zorgon. Mars anomalies are what really got me into ATS.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join