It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where are you on the UK 'fat map'?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Yup, Paul, it is bad parenting, combined with laziness. If we think this generation is bad, what are the next generation going to be like when *all* the skills have gone...and people don't know how to make a chicken stretch to a roast, followed by a casserole, followed by soup...or don't know how to make porridge even, an absolute basic staple...and very healthy.

I know there are food programmes on the telly, but really...is a single mother in an council estate in Glasgow really going to pay attention to the likes of Nigella Lawson, as gorgeous and talented as she is? Doubt it.

Cait

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by crimvelvet
Now if I wasn't married and I was 30 years younger...Actually I prefer my hiking underground but not in mines.

You had me at "Hello"

I'm curious as to the undergound hiking.. spelunking/potholing?Or is this some other as yet unknown adventure activity?

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Another thing you have to factor in with the OPs map is the fact that the UK has an ageing population and the BMI should not really be used for people over the age of 60. I dont know what the percentage of the UK population is over 60, but for a map like this, they should be disregarded as should children as well.

Then, we may start to see a 'true picture'.

I am not saying that the UK population in general is getting 'plumper' but that i dont think the study was scientific enough and certain factors should be considered like age, long term illnesses, athletic people (ie: The military), etc.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 06:03 PM
link   
I don't know what you guys are complaining about.
Here in the US, the whole map would be blood red, deep fried, dipped in chocolate, flambeed, stuffed with a sausage and shoved on a stick, before itself being eaten.

Mmmm, map on a stick. Ahhhh! for the Homer fans mr T.

[edit on 8/28/2008 by schrodingers dog]

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by schrodingers dog
I don't know what you guys are complaining about.
Here in the US, the whole map would be blood red, deep fried, dipped in chocolate, flambeed, stuffed with a sausage and shoved on a stick, before itself being eaten.

Mmmm, map on a stick. Ahhhh! for the Homer fans mr T.

[edit on 8/28/2008 by schrodingers dog]

And what do you call that delicacy? It sounds nice

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

You paint a pretty picture.

Is it anyone else?but does it not seem that this all started with the emergence of 'diet sodas' and 'sugar substitutes'?

Here's a tip.. For years I've never touched tap water because of the crap they put in that.. BUT..
I just got a cheap Britta filter -jug.. Now the repulsion of drinking water is gone.. and chilled water from the fridge is a yummmy treat now instead of a chore to try and drink enough.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Wotan

I don't have a name for it yet.

Here's an alternative while you wait:

Yum yum.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 06:11 PM
link   

O M G...

A sausage wrapped in a pancake, with chocolate chips, on a stick?

I mean, could that be any more unhealthy?

Is that real?

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Good god!!!.. Is that real???

Why don't they just give you a gun to shoot yourself???

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Explains why I didn't see that many fat people when I grew up there for 10 years of my life. Cities I intimately know include hornchurch or romford (essex region), stratford, and london. All those mentioned are in the lowest category.

I also visited Nottingham (a days drive up north) since I have family that lives there. Even the people there were not fat.

It's not surprising since their really big on physical education there. They didn't even have lockers in the secondary school I attended; so I had to carry my 20 lb bag around with me everywhere I went.

Contrasting all this to Canada
A days driving in Canada results in viewing spectacular features which include Tim Hortons, Mcdonalds, Burger king, Wendys and the cycle is repeated continuously. Its as if your on a movie set and the same # goes by every 2 min. I guess the thing is Canadians don't want to think about what they want to eat. They made the choice yesterday to have a large double double and a breakfast sandwich at Tim hortons; or a #3 at BK, a #5 at Mcdonalds; or a #3 at Wendys. The choice is made so why spend more time pondering it through.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by AGENT_T

Oh it's real alright.
If you buy it at wall-mart you can easily get a gun with it.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 06:19 PM
link   
post repeated itself

[edit on 8-28-2008 by websurfer]

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by websurfer I guess the thing is Canadians don't want to think about what they want to eat. .

Actually,taking that from a different angle,
I was watching a programme today about a guy and his decision/attempt to lose weight.

You know the bigget observation I made from the whole programe?
Some people plan their life around food and meals..what to have..what to order..what's for pudding..snacks.Nothing except thinking about it all day.

There's just too much time on their hands.
The time you enjoy food the most is when your exhausted and you're REALLY aching for it after an active day but you still have to prepare it first.

When it's ready..it's always to die for..whatever you make.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 10:15 PM
link   
post repeated itself

[edit on 8-28-2008 by websurfer]

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by AGENT_T

im in wales and yes its pretty accurate tho with no good reason as good nutrition is easy with a bit of effort

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join