It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO hacker WILL be extradited to the U.S.A

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Gary mckinnon, the hacker accused of breaking into us military systems, has lost his appeal at the European court of human rights.
This was his last chance to avoid being sent to the US to face trial.

www.guardian.co.uk...

Its funny i always thought the UK didnt extradite people to countries that are known to use torture as an evidence gathering tool.

I suppose you need to be from the east, on the dole for that to apply.

I think this is America using a hammer to crack a nut.

If anything the military should be called to explain why someone was able to use blank passwords to gain access to restricted machines.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 12:08 PM
link   
There has been many threads about this already.

Im actually genuinely sorry to hear this. This bright young man will probably be one of the smartest in the US once he arrives, but will get treated like a simple criminal and thrown into some disgusting prison.

They did the same to Mitnick... at least he survived it.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 12:14 PM
link   
did anything he found go public, actual documents I mean. I remember watching something where he talked about what he saw, but was he able to extract anything meaningful?

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 12:24 PM
link   
He hacked the gov. He's a hero in my opinion.

Why exactly is the US gov wasting it's time with him? Yea he may hack again, but surly this event will make his next target another gov?

Why didn't he hack Russia? Or the UK? or anything in the EU? They're more tolerant.... except Russia.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Our Government is trying to be slick! But I see right through them. I say its Operation Paper Clip 2 or Operation Hole Puncher. Then again I could be wrong, maybe Operation Stapler?

Anyways, he should be awarded not contained...

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by neo2012

It is his own fault for getting caught!
I'm surprised a deal wasn't worked out for the UK to deal with him. It seems like a lot of money wasted in getting him to the USA.
More of our tax money at work. I also think the current administration is doing this because the next one may drop the whole thing.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 12:55 PM
link   
He broke the law, he got caught. I would have hoped that the UK would have worked something out with our government and gave him a slap on the wrist in his own country. He is being used as an example because the computers here in the US are hacked into all the time from most all countries for a lot worse things than looking for ET evidence. I would hope that his whole life isnt ruined by this.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Existing thread here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add further comments to the ongoing discussion.
Thank you

-thread closed-

for future reference:
Search ATS

top topics

join