It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1984 X-Men Comic shows a 9/11 future.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 07:19 PM
link   
I have this X-men comic from 1984, it has a futuristic view of NewYork and the comic characters see it from a future that has not happened yet.
It projects something similar to 2001, it does not say a plane hit it but it does have a plane in the picture going in the direction of the World Trade Centres. The angle of the comic drawings and pictures are very similar to the photos including smoke direction. It depends how you interpret it, I mean there are many coincidences about 9/11 and many sci-fi action orientated minds dread an apocalyptic future like that of New York and counless movies seem to be spear headed at destroying New York anyway. But like the X-Men comic book title this is uncanny.

[edit on 27-8-2008 by The time lord]

[edit on 27-8-2008 by The time lord]

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 05:17 PM
link   
I made this tread last night around 1.30am so I guess not many people were around to reply or even notice at that time. I am wondering what people here might think. Is it cool, is it nice to know, was it worth the effort making. I mean I know people can be philosophical like the video suggests and that sometimes art can immitate life and to even plan a terrorist attack takes some imagination too. Many movies have shown destruction of buildings and New York it self, but I guess the deeper we look the more paraelles we find. I am not saying its a prophecy or a prediction but something to think about and observe as many people out there Love Comic books and X-Men has been a top sellers for many years.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 08:42 PM
link   
It is an interesting find... It was always a major target for terrorist though so it only makes sense that someone would use that as a prediction... There are some strange things that have popped up as of late, however statistically there would be some strange things.. The Nemo guy's from the matrix's passport expiring on the same day and year 9-11-01 was kinda crazy too...

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Thoughts and Creative Ideas can be received from a higher Dimension. Whether if the artist intention was to do it on propose or coincident.

This reminds me of the site www.truthism.com
They talk about the comic book that is called " Race For The Moon".
One Story called " The Face on Mars"
The story is, these astronauts discovered a face on Mars.
This book was published 18 Years Before the "REAL" discovery of the face on Mars itself.

Strange?

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Your point, even taken at face value is very interesting. It is even said in there, thousands lie dead, many more injured. A perfect numerical match to what actually happened. I see the jet above the WTC which is symbolic also. Very good find methinks. Starred and flagged.

-Z-

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Wasnt there a bombing at the WTC before 9/11? It isnt so far fetched that the author "just wrote it" (if you get what i mean) since it was a likely terror target all along. Maybe someone in the future will say that Orson Scott Card's book Empire was a prediction for an attack on the white house or an attack on NYC

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 03:31 PM
link   
The comic was made in 1984, way before the bombing.

[edit on 29-8-2008 by Shawn B.]

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 11:04 AM
link   
I'm not trying to say its a conspiracy its just ironic and sad to think things like this did happen. Everyone is aware that a city like London is a prime target and they have made many TV series that predict events including terrorism. Spooks TV series for example have many London based events that could happen if people put their minds in the action of doing such things.

If you see these writers and creators of the X-Files you will find that fiction had become fact.
To be honest you must be far away from reality to even carry out such events for real and that is what extreamism does, no matter who you call extream even if it was an inside job or religious fanatics.

A tiny clip from Lone Gunmen Episode 1: Pilot, Aired on March 4, 2001.

[edit on 30-8-2008 by The time lord]

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Any after thoughts? like the X-Files episode its creativity predicting what could happen, does not mean they did it them selves or conspired. The imagination as some people may call it 'Great minds think alike' is where it mirrors. The difference is being creative and being destructive to persue a real event are two different things. Maybe thinking something is possible compared to doing something possible is where fiction and actions mirror once again and that is the way the world works.

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 12:55 PM
link   
As some people have said before and made a point about creativity and imagination having been influenced by higher dimentions and frequencies, maybe echos of the future. Maybe people are intue without knowing the outcomes or realising.

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 06:38 PM
link   
If man unites mentally we could be a powerful force as one people and almost one mind, but I think sin has caused man to seperate and feel ashamed of each other that is why we seperated like the reaction of Adam and Eve.

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 01:32 AM
link   
Rather than being prophetic, could it also be possible that those responsible for what happened on 9/11 have been fans of comics and taken the idea from there? Either way it's still creepy.

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 01:40 AM
link   
Coincidence.

Nothing more.

Nothing less.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
Coincidence.

Nothing more.

Nothing less.

I go with that too, its sometimes good to be logical than to be spooked by your own shadow. There is so much information and creativity in the world that you are bound to get some similarites somewhere. That is why movies always say that fictional characters which sound or look similar is just coincidental because there is a 6billion to one possibilty it being similar with all the people in the world.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Xmen has always been on the edge of tech. They had the sr-71 blackbird before it was public knowledge. They talked about haarp. They dealt with mutations ahead of their time.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by cautiouslypessimistic
Xmen has always been on the edge of tech. They had the sr-71 blackbird before it was public knowledge. They talked about haarp. They dealt with mutations ahead of their time.

Also I could add that since the comics are very religious too in its apocalyptic stories they must have Bible knowledge too and use some of the prophecy stories as reference as I doubt they could avoid such subjects in Americas evangelical culture.

[edit on 16-1-2009 by The time lord]

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by The time lord

We should also note that this comic was released in 1984! which is the title of the book by George Orwell and some claim that 9/11 was a way for the NWO/Secret govt to implement "safeguards" that actually made people less free and provided more control by the govt.

Coincidence....i dont think so.

[edit on 17-1-2009 by iamcamouflage]

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 04:28 PM
link   
The x-men comics have had this religious apocalyptic vision way before 1984 and the Sentinal robots that were the Marshal Law of future American society if not the world. You wonder why X-Men 3 avoided such a subject in its films in not having the sentinals take over and bringing Marshal law on mutants that then turn to humans being victimised. In the End X-3 turned into a bit of a flop for the fans because the real comic book stories were not used. In this day and age maybe fiction is to hurtful or gets in the way of the real plans that the people at the top try and disguise it. Some movies seem to try and open some insight into things but the movie industry has already prepared us for the Alien invasion which ultimately be a faked event of a spiritual guise.

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Friend of mine has a older TPB of a Marvel story. The front cover is of the Trade Center being destroyed by a giant Pharaoh.

It was a big part of the New York skyline, and was subject to atacks.
Similar to how often Main Street is portrayed fairly often in comics, since it is so Iconic.
Eventually, if a bombing of some kind occurs we'll get similar claims.

Edit:

Psst.
What?
It's not Main Street you're thinking of dude, it's Times Square.
...Seriously?
Yup.
Ah frig...

[edit on 18-1-2009 by RuneSpider]

top topics

join