It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

bible mark of the beast is not 666 it 600606

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by emsed1

well thanks. to be honest, i think the use of metal statue is to drive home the point that the hybrids were a mixture of human and at least two other things... machine and reptilian or machine and amphibian. but the metal use has a reason i believe, above the obvious hording of metals, which is why the iron and clay of the feet on the statue won't adhere to each other... it's an empire run by men who are not really men -- they are part man, part metal (machine) and something else. dare i say the popes may have been hotwired to the "gods?"

[edit on 27-8-2008 by undo]

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Reminds me of the Gettysburg address: Four score and seven years ago....

Ama

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 03:57 PM
link   
The mark of the beast.....again. It's interesting that people always play this game as if they know what it actually means.

It may just be a naturally occurring event that's cyclical. Look at all of the things involved with water. Even a wave can appear or be represented as a figure 6 in old scriptures.

There's also a prophecy of what is like a great wheel cast into the sea.(maybe an iceberg?) Multiply storms by several scores etc. can be as if the biggest storm known to living man. The movie The Day After Tomorrow reminds me of this. These have been suggested on the history channel.

It would still be interesting to see someone actually try to pull off this mythical person that does all of these false miracles though.

Since 2012 is just around the corner, I think we'll find out if this has anything to do with it very soon.

[edit on 27-8-2008 by aleon1018]

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

I think you could say that the British Empire arose after the Holy Roman Empire, and while it was and still is. Followed by the new American Empire making the eighth. And both empires do in fact use a base six/twelve numerology while the rest of the world uses base 10 or metric. Pounds and pence, yards, feet and inches, troy ounces...

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by mythatsabigprobe

you accounted for 6 and 7, where's 8?
oh and that's interesting data.

[edit on 27-8-2008 by undo]

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 01:20 AM
link   
Religious propaganda thousand's years old, still has us running in circles chasing our tales. Great device it is, filled with ambiguity, you can swing the argument either way. Even if it had some credence, no one would get off of their ----- to do anything about it.

P.S. Beware Of Straw man(know to run with that crowd)

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 01:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by truthseekerpeacemaker
it clearly states six hundred threescore six thats 600606 not 666
where did 666 come from it could also be 600-60-6
900 90 9 600 60 6 or 600-60-6 flipped upside down could be a birthday 9-09-009 maybe

Old ways of counting had numbers seperated and it was assumed you'd add the numbers up.

+
----

You might know this sort of thing if you studied half as much as you just speculate on nonsense.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 05:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by CyborgPirateNinjaJesus
Religious propaganda thousand's years old, still has us running in circles chasing our tales. Great device it is, filled with ambiguity, you can swing the argument either way. Even if it had some credence, no one would get off of their ----- to do anything about it.

They don't need to since the only important thing is to "believe" and then God will look after you in the afterlife.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 05:43 AM
link   
reply to post by the_watcher

Even during the times when early copies of Revelation were circulating, there was confusion about whether the number meant by its author was 666 or 616. This is because all the Greek copies were handwritten, and the middle number of the three letters in these copies denoting the number was sometimes interpreted as iota (10) and sometimes as xi (60), the confusion arising because the appearance of these letters is similar, thus creating the gematria value of either 616 or 666. Three years ago, Professor David Parker, Professor of New Testament Textual Criticism and Paleography at the University of Birmingham, announced to the world
findarticles.com...
his belief that the number was 616 because the fragment of the earliest known copy that he had examined under a microscope showed the middle letter as iota. This conclusion is fallacious because even earlier copies yet to be found might have xi as the middle letter, not iota.

Another argument supporting 666 is that, as the author of Revelation was a Greek Jew, he would have thought of Nero, widely believed to be what the Beast symbolized, as Neron Kesar, the Hebrew form whose gematria number value is 666. [See Frederic W. Farrar, The Early Days of Christianity (New York: E. P. Dutton and Co., 1882), 471.]

View the three letters xi (600), iota (10 and stigma (6) in the fragment here:
www.americanvision.org...

You may think that it is now impossible to know which number the author of Revelation meant, as we are unlikely to discover its 'first edition' or be able to recognise it as such even if we did. Here is an argument which favours 666 rather than 616: compare the two letters iota and xi and ask yourselves this question: what is more probable - that the letter iota would be misread as xi or that the letter xi would be misread as iota. It is clear that the latter is the more likely because, if carelessly rendered, it could be read as iota, whereas the simpler letter iota is not likely to be ever misread as the more complex xi. This means that the author of Revelation meant the number of the Beast to be 666, not 616, and that the version examined three years ago contains a copied error even though it is the earliest known copy. We shall probably never know for sure. But don't be taken in by fallacious claims (uncritically repeated) whose truth depends on the shaky assumption that the earliest copy yet discovered was identical to the original version.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 06:41 AM
link   
The last one is?????????????? What organisation controls the world, in effect a world government,which is controlled by the most powerful leaders. The United Nations.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 06:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alxandro
W is the same as V

Sure, in the same way that a fancy cruise ship is the same thing as a large whale.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 07:16 AM
link   
Text As for whether the number is 600 60 6 or just 666 I think is indifferent. There is a whole package deal that
goes with the beast. The intentions, the anti-christ mentality, the charismatic ability, the love for war and military might, etc. People for the longest time were talking foolishly about Bill Gates as the beast, but yet he had nothing to do with it, or with any of the signs. Look closer at intent, and the numbers will appear when they do. That will be the pinpointer. However, the Bible also states that he won't appear until after "He" is taken out of the way. So, you can see it's almost impossible to figure this one out until that happens. I wouldn't write that off as rapture either. (never says it). Most likely complacency. Another point of note would be....we don't know what the world structure will be when he appears. We're assuming the time is now because everyone is saying it. People make mistakes. God isn't telling everybody different things. He doesn't confuse. So, I think someone is off a little. By the time he appears, the papacy could be long gone. Nothing says it has to be now. A lot of possible babylons out there.....USA, China, India, etc....the beast's kingdom will be diverse from all others, yet we put our idea of his kingdom as ones that already exist. That means, most everyone's idea of who it could be is way off. We have to look at the whole picture and all the hints, not just a few verses. What do you think?

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alxandro
When Daniel had his glimpse of the future, what did he see that can best be decribed and understood by Biblical man?
There are some that believe 666 could also be WWW, since W is the same as V which, I believe, is the sixth letter of the Hebrew alphabet.

This cannot be correct. There is no letter W in the Hebrew and Greek alphabets. 666 is the gematria number value of a man. Most biblical scholars believe that the "Beast" was a veiled reference to the Roman dictator Nero because Caesar Nero in Hebrew has the gematria number value of 666. How you can say W is the same as V is beyond me.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 05:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by truthseekerpeacemaker
it clearly states six hundred threescore six thats 600606 not 666
where did 666 come from it could also be 600-60-6
900 90 9 600 60 6 or 600-60-6 flipped upside down could be a birthday 9-09-009 maybe

No it clearly say 666 or Chi Xi Stigma or 616 - Chi Iota Stigma, and the names of the Greek letters aren't spelled out in anyway, but merely three letters written like a number. Greek letters are also numbers. Read out it sounds like CHEESE

[edit on 3/9/2008 by Neo Christian Mystic]

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 12:06 PM
link   
"Six hundred threescore and six"

Six hundred = 600

threescore = 60 (score=20, 20 x 3 = 60)

six = 6

added up = 666

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 05:55 AM
link   
It´s 666

read:

EDUCATION 13:18

"Who has knowledge can find out what the number of the beast means, cause it stands for the name of one person. The number is 666."

it was, be and will be the same

Nia

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by NW111

nobody had a word after this?

wise...

Nia

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 01:53 AM
link   
Here is the Greek text of Rev 13:18 as the King James translators would have seen it:

13:18 ὧδε ἡ σοφία ἐστίν ὁ ἔχων νοῦν ψηφισάτω τὸν ἀριθμὸν τοῦ θηρίου ἀριθμὸς γὰρ ἀνθρώπου ἐστίν καὶ ὁ ἀριθμὸς αὐτοῦ ἑξακόσιοι ἑξήκοντα ἕξ

The last three words are "six-hundred sixty six" (hexacosioi hexaconta hex in my rough transliteration)

That is very similar to the way that we would write out 666 in english and yet we don't confuse it with 600606.

My source for the above quoted verse is www.zhubert.com. It will show you the greek for any Bible verse and also provides a lexicon and word definitions appear when the mouse pointer passes over the individual greek words. I have found it very helpful in determining the meanings of numerous biblical verses. In many cases, the translators of the King James Version have left us with a distorted view of the actual intent of the verse, and seeing the greek has clarified quite a number of scriptures for me.

There is a limitation, however. The greek text at zhubert.com is from the text that was compiled by Erasmus in the sixteenth century and later used by the King James translators. To compile his work, Erasmus used very few greek manuscripts and all of them are late manuscripts of the Byzantine tradition. In some parts, his greek text does not come from any greek manuscript, but rather from the Latin Vulgate which he re-translated into greek.

So while very helpful, it is not the oldest or most perfect text from which to determine the original intent and meaning.

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 02:01 AM
link   
600-60-6
600 and 60 6
six hundred and sixty six

it's all the same to me..

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Or in other words, if we write 666 with words it's sixhundred and sixty six. It's the same thing.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join