It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question about one of your books Jim Marrs...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 09:51 PM
link   
I recently read Psi Spies The True story of America's Psychic Warfare Program. I am curious as to how you got contact with these informants that helped give you information to write this book. I'm also curious as to if from what you learned about parapsychology has changed your life in any way.

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Howdy Frankidealist35,

In mid-1992, I began working on my book Alien Agenda, which has since become the top-selling non-fiction book on UFOs in the world. A friend sent me a transcript of a public talk by one of the men involved in the military remote viewing program. I was fascinated at the matter-of-fact manner of his comments and contacted him. I was soon distracted from UFOs and began to study remote viewing. I learned that three military remote viewers -- Ed Dames, Dave Morehouse and Mel Riley -- felt that remote viewing was a significant story and should be made public. They were already in contact with Sandra Martin, at that time a New York literary agent, but were at a loss for a writer. I quickly jumped in and volunteered to write the book, which I did. The book was to be published in 1995 but was mysteriously canceled that summer. Within four months, the CIA publicly acknowledged the remote viewing program but with the spin that it never was very productive.

A more detailed description of this sequence of events can be found in my book Psi Spies: The True Story of America's Psychic Warfare Program published by New Page Books in 2007.

Working on this book indeed changed my perspective on both government secrecy (yes, they can keep secrets - in the case of remote viewing for almost 25 years!) and on parapsychology, a subject on which I had previously been highly skeptical. But the experiences of the military remote viewers plus the scientific research and the historical narrative coupled with my own remote viewing experience convinced me of the reality of psychic abilities. This particular book broadened my understanding of human capabilities as well as our place in the universe.

Jim Marrs

new topics

join