It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I saw an invisible airplane!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by THIseNdsnowoldKings

could easily have a shadow and not see a plane. The plane could be some kind of camoflauge, advanced. the chameleon still casts a shadow.

You are exactly right. maybe the choice of words in the initial post should have said camouflaged, instead of invisible, but we all make mistakes, and I for one know exactly what he was trying to say. As for SvenTheBerserK who said,

by the way,I do think its suspicious that the OP has chaned his story now from invisible to disguised. awfully convienient if you ask me.

That is just rude, and there is no need to make such a comment. Do you understand it could have been the wrong choice of words originally, but that does not mean he has changed his story. Switch invisible with camouflage and this whole thing is settled. He is just stating what he saw, and asking if anyone else has seen anything similar. It's a yes I have, or no I haven't answer, no need to be a d@#k.

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by asmeone2

I don't remember whether I heard sound or not. I just remember looking up and thinking "that plane was damn close but where the hell is it?"

I can only tell you what I can remember. Since I love to watch planes, it grabbed my attention. Probably most people wouldn't have given a second thought or glance.

I sure was looking too, because I thought it was going to crash.

The size of the shadow was huge enough that it should have been visible. I honestly thought it was about to drop on the road in front of me.

Then I realized that there was no engine sound, and that was when I started to think something was strange.

Wait wait, You just changed your story again?

First the plane was invisible, now its camoflauged.

First you werent sure if you could hear it or not now you know you couldnt hear it at all.

No offense but if you quit changing your story it will make this more believable.

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by asmeone2

Time for logic alert! The angle of the sun cast a shadow miles away from the actual location of the plane.

Case closed. Nothing to see...move on people.

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 11:55 PM
link   

First you werent sure if you could hear it or not now you know you couldnt hear it at all.

No offense but if you quit changing your story it will make this more believable.

Uh, I said in the OP I could not hear it, period:
(some of the nonapplicable stuff is edited out, click for your own darn self if you want to see what

Stranger still, I did not hear anything... So I know what planes look like
when they fly low, and how to get a rough idea of what size of shadow corresponds to what height. More importantly, I know what they sound like.....

The shape and this shadow looked like it would correspond to a large passenger or cargo plane, but 1. No plane that big would fly that low over a city and 2. It would have been easy to see in the sky and 3. I would have heard it! Even over traffic, those things roar.... but there was nothing.

Please, if you don't beleive me, just say that, and let it be. It won't hurt my feelings if you don't.

Otherwise, stop trying to pke holes in the story, and go back to watching CSI...

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by stealthsurfer

could easily have a shadow and not see a plane. The plane could be some kind of camoflauge, advanced. the chameleon still casts a shadow.

You are exactly right. maybe the choice of words in the initial post should have said camouflaged, instead of invisible, but we all make mistakes, and I for one know exactly what he was trying to say. As for SvenTheBerserK who said,

by the way,I do think its suspicious that the OP has chaned his story now from invisible to disguised. awfully convienient if you ask me.

That is just rude, and there is no need to make such a comment. Do you understand it could have been the wrong choice of words originally, but that does not mean he has changed his story. Switch invisible with camouflage and this whole thing is settled. He is just stating what he saw, and asking if anyone else has seen anything similar. It's a yes I have, or no I haven't answer, no need to be a d@#k.

Wow wait. I wasnt trying to be rude. the people on here that know me know I always try my best to be nice polite and I take the T&C VERY seriously. I didnt mean to be rude. What I said was interpreted as a rude statement and for that I apologise.

But the fact is this person has changed their story twice now. As a logical person im sure you can understand how changing their story actually hurts their credibility.

having said that,

I must point out though that name calling i.e "D*ck" is really not appreciated here. its in violation of the T&C and if you cant debate with out resorting to personal attacks please dont post. it only harms you. Although im sure your aware of that I just want to remind you that personal attacks like that can really get you in trouble with the mods.

But yes once again, Im sorry that my comment about the OP changing his story offended you. It was never my intention to offend anyone. It was only my intention to debate and discuss the topic at hand.

I hope you understand where im coming from here.

Peace.

[edit on 25-8-2008 by gimme_some_truth]

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by traderonwallst
reply to post by asmeone2

Time for logic alert! The angle of the sun cast a shadow miles away from the actual location of the plane.

Case closed. Nothing to see...move on people.

NO, not that easy...

This was a fifty-foot or so shadow.

To have a shadow that big, the plane would have been low enough for me to see and hear it. I don't know what the exact math would have been, but in this post I've already mentioned how I've observed the size of the plane correlate with its altitude and the size of the shadow it casts.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

I didn't change my story though. All I did was clarify what I meant by a certain word. So please, stop with that already.

Edit to add: I used invisible in the first place because I thought knowledge of that kind of fiberoptic technology was common enough that people would know how it was applied.

[edit on 26-8-2008 by asmeone2]

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 12:04 AM
link   

And I also apologize if i was not being clear, but the poster i said was being rude was "SvenTheBerserK".
He is the one who made the statement...

Anyway, once again the OP is just asking if anyone has experienced anything similar, who are we to say he didn't see what he says he saw. This is what this site is for, or so I thought.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 12:08 AM
link   

I didnt say that i was trying to help move the topic along.

It's clear i need re-read the help section on Quoting.

[edit on 26-8-2008 by SvenTheBerserK]

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by asmeone2

Uh, I said in the OP I could not hear it, period:
(some of the nonapplicable stuff is edited out, click for your own darn self if you want to see what

Stranger still, I did not hear anything... So I know what planes look like
when they fly low, and how to get a rough idea of what size of shadow corresponds to what height. More importantly, I know what they sound like.....

The shape and this shadow looked like it would correspond to a large passenger or cargo plane, but 1. No plane that big would fly that low over a city and 2. It would have been easy to see in the sky and 3. I would have heard it! Even over traffic, those things roar.... but there was nothing.

Please, if you don't beleive me, just say that, and let it be. It won't hurt my feelings if you don't.

Otherwise, stop trying to pke holes in the story, and go back to watching CSI...

Well, with all do respect your the one who quoted yourself saying that you couldnt remember if you heard it or not and then in the same thread contradict your self saying that you didnt hear anything.

as for only saying that I dont believe you and nothing else, that kind of defeats the purpose of this website dont you agree?

We are all here with the common goal of discussing and debating in hopes of discovering the truth what ever that may be. If I just say I dont believe you but dont state my reasons why then we may never know the truth will we?

By the way its been brought to my attention that my calling attention to your seeming to change your story came across as rude.

I want to apologise if you interpreted it the same way. It was not my intetion to offend anyone as others well know, thats not my style.

I do aplogise that my comment came across that way. It certainly wasnt meant to offend.

I can see that your not up to debating so in all fairness I will stop because I certainly dont want to waste my time debating if no one else is willing to debate back.

I truly hope you figure out what it was that you saw, or uhm didnt see, well, you know what I mean.

Peace

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Here's an arial photo of where I was : (Ididn't draw the orange line in)

I was at the light at the intersection at the bottom right, going up the road on the right.

The "plane" came directly over me as I was at the red light, then more or less followed the course of the same road I was on.

The shadow was about the same width of the road. Hopefully the picture will give some perspective on how big that was.

THe sun was shining from the east (left) and I was in the next-from left lane. There were no cars blocking me.

What looks like a field is a cemetary, and there are no high buildings or trees beyond that. THe land is flat.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by stealthsurfer

oh im sorry. I thought that was a quote of mine. I should have looked at who it was a reply to. My mistake. Its just that I said the exact same thing in another post.

so just ignore what I said to you. sorry about the mix up.

peace

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 12:14 AM
link   

I';ve said, and a few others have reiterated, that I posted that experience because I wanted to know if others have had that same kind of thing happen.

I'm not asking others to beleive what I have said as the gospel truth.

If you don't beleive it, then don't-- but it's just irritating that you try to discredit my whole argument and say it's full of wholes, because of one bad word choice, which I later tried to rectify.

I don't want to discuss that anymore. From here on out, I'm not responding to that topic.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 12:15 AM
link   

No problem GST, and you are right we are here for good discussion and debate, so hopefully you dont give up on replying. I actually find this thread interesting since I have read from a few other posters in the past that claim to have seen something similar. Just searching for the truth...lol

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 12:25 AM
link   
Saw the same type of shadow two days ago just outside Chicago. I was on I-90 westbound in the area of Huntly Il. doing about 45 mph as there was roadway work being done. It crossed the roadway south bound in front of me. I thought it looked too low maybe a plane in trouble, and scanned the sky. Usually aircraft on approach to ORD are alot higher. No sound, could not see any aircraft. sun was high in the sky, light cloud cover. Thought I was just seeing things.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 12:38 AM
link   

No problem GST, and you are right we are here for good discussion and debate, so hopefully you dont give up on replying. I actually find this thread interesting since I have read from a few other posters in the past that claim to have seen something similar. Just searching for the truth...lol

Im more than happy to continue posting. I just thought I was getting on the nerves of the OP. Which seems to be so as they arent willing to discuss possiblities of what they saw anymore.

Oh well, I guess if the OP is unwilling to figure out the possibilities I cant force it down their throat.

Anyway, apparently the OP wants to know now if anyone has seen anything like that before. I havent seen anything like that before.

I have however heard of something similar. It was in a fictional book by Whitley Strieber called "The Gray's"

In the book, there was an aircraft built by our government that
couldnt be seen because ( if I remember correctly) it had some device that somehow displaced the light some how making it invisible. In the book it flew low to the ground and very slow it was so low that you could feel the breeze it caused as it went by.

Thats the only place I have heard of any aircraft like that.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 12:40 AM
link   
If the plane was invisible, wouldnt you see the pilots?

Im sure the pilots werent made of the same "invisible material"

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 12:49 AM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

LOL, I have only read a little about this new invisible tech that we have, but it is similar to something being covered up so it blends in with the surroundings.
Not actually invisible as much as it is camouflaged.
check out this link, maybe it will help a few of you to understand what it is all about...

science.howstuffworks.com...

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 12:52 AM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

Here is another link that I read recently, it is actually pretty wild.

news.bbc.co.uk...

I just wonder if there is a limit to the size of the object that is trying to be made invisible.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 02:51 AM
link   
you cant look directly up, in a car. the sun behind or infront cold have caused a shodow like this, and you not being aboe to loacte the scource for being in a car.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join