It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Toxic overload

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 06:22 AM
link   
Hi Meadowfairy

I got help to provide the link:

redpillreich.blogspot.com...

Thanks for the link you provided - I have found it very interesting.

Here's something off that I found.

educate-yourself.org...

[edit on 28-8-2008 by berenike]

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 08:26 AM
link   
reply to post by mopusvindictus

thanks for starting this thread. great info

i think all you have suggested have great impact on our physical and mental wellbeing. people these days dont have time to really know and take care of their bodies which is kinda sad.

i have studied human biology and until you know what makes up this vessel then you really wont take much effort in keeping it healthy. studying physiology really opened my eyes to what gift we have though seem to busy to nurture. our minds dont function to capascity until our blood is flowing freely and without obstructions as in dis-ease and muscle tensions ect.

i dont think you have mentioned immunisations as yet?

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 06:39 AM
link   
hifructosecornsyrup. I would have thought you would have a ton of stuff to post on that? I'll keep checking back, because I'm kind of curious to find out what you think about the whole "corn" issue, in terms of it being in just about everything and fed to the animals etc...there was a nice documentary on the corn on PBS a few months back, and it was really scary what big agraculture and the cattle industry is doing with it...as far as the syrup they make to put in soda pop as a cheeper alternative to sugar, as much as I know about it is that it doesn't digest well and is bad for the liver.

[edit on 30-8-2008 by skyshow]

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 05:30 AM
link   
Your welcome berenike.

i also found curezone.com

This site you type in any ailment you have and it will come up with alternative cures. The websites moto is educating instead of medicating.

I have used it for a lot of things to help cure family and friends and most of them worked brilliantly and then i found the raw food diet which was heaven sent for me personally.

Not only did the raw food diet help me physically it seemed to have opened many spiritual doors to me that feels only natural. Also it gives you a natural energy high. You feel like you are in a different more beautiful reality in the world then the normal world. It is only when i eat junk food that everything returns to darkness and i look ugly again. For some reason i eat raw i look beautiful, pimples go away and i radiate glowingly. When i eat junk and i tested it out i look ugly again and break out in pimples and my world seems depressing. Then eat raw foods and i feel like heaven on earth has arrived and im living in paradise.

It is so hard to describe but eat a month of raw foods and then eat a week of junk foods and you notice a difference. Its scary but at the same time its real. When you eat raw you feel like a different being, having out of the world experiences. But i just cant believe how easy you can change back to ugly after eating junk. I will try to describe ti simply when you eat raw your soul wisdom self comes out and then you eat junk and your old angry bitter self comes back. There must be some truth to junk food being the food of the demons lol.

[edit on 5-9-2008 by meadowfairy]

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by meadowfairy

Thanks - I'll definitely look up curezone.

When I finally, completely gave up dairy - even though skimmed milk in my tea was the only thing left to go - colours seemed brighter.

Another thing that occurred to me a few days ago is how little sleep people get these days. There's so much encouragement/temptation for people to stay up late, sometimes I'd swear it's a deliberate ploy to make people less efficient (and / or more bad-tempered).

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Yes giving up dairy was the first step in changing my health and i noticed dramatic improvement. If i so much as binge on dairy i get mucous straight away building up in my nose, throat and chest. If there was any cold or flu pandemic the las tthing you would want to eat is dairy. You have to reach straight for the honey, most probably manuka honey.

Sleep deprevation is a mind attack to make you less efficient so you are right there.

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 04:34 PM
link   
here's some information i recently found, regarding antibacterial soaps...

The main ingredient in most liquid soaps lining store shelves is triclosan, a pesticide that kills bacteria. Turns out you just need to banish germs from your hands, not kill them. Studies show that antibacterial soaps aren’t more effective at preventing illness or removing germs than good old-fashioned soap and water.

In fact, antibacterial soaps may do more harm than good.

There are concerns that triclosan may contribute to the rise of antibiotic-resistant bacteria. It’s also present in human bodies and breast milk, as well as in streams. The Environmental Working Group says triclosan has been linked to developmental defects, liver toxicity, and cancer in lab studies. It also may [will] affect thyroid and other hormones that are crucial to normal development.

...A quick read of the label will tell you if triclosan or triclocarban (a similar compound that’s found more commonly in bar soaps) are active ingredients. If so, move onto another product.

spiritualdeepdish.wordpress.com...

Antibacterial soaps that contain triclosan as the main active ingredient are no better at preventing infections than plain soaps, say University of Michigan researchers who reviewed 27 studies conducted between 1980 and 2006 to reach their conclusion.

The team also concluded that these antibacterial soaps could actually pose a health risk, because they may reduce the effectiveness of some common antibiotics, such as amoxicillin.

That’s because — unlike antibacterial soaps used in hospitals and other clinical settings — the antibacterial soaps sold to the public don’t contain high enough concentrations of triclosan to kill bacteria such as E. coli.

kmclayton.wordpress.com...

...I take comfort in a study I read a few years ago when I’m in the park bathroom with no soap. The study suggested that equally important to scrubbing your hands with soap is keeping them underwater for a long enough period of time. Running water on your hands for a full minute was found to be almost as effective in washing away bacteria as soap. It may not be true, but I choose to believe it when I’m in dire settings.

guerrillahealthwatch.wordpress.com...

CDC research on a broad cross-section of the population detected triclosan in the urine of 75% of 2,517 Americans (Calafat 2007). Higher levels of triclosan were typically found in higher income participants. An earlier study spearheaded by the Mount Sinai School of Medicine found triclosan in the urine of 61% of 90 girls age 6 to 8 (Wolff 2007).

Lab studies link triclosan to cancer, developmental defects, and liver and inhalation toxicity. A secret study by Colgate scientists revealed exposure to low levels of triclosan caused liver tumors in mice (See 1996). Colgate refuses to release this study to EPA for evaluation, though it provided it to FDA in order to ensure it could add triclosan to toothpaste and other oral care products. Based on the study summary alone, and using a controversial assumption about the way this type of liver tumor forms in mice, EPA classified triclosan as “not likely to be carcinogenic to humans” (EPA 2008). This decision flows in part from EPA’s lack of regulatory authority to demand release of Colgate’s findings, a clear indication of the need for reform of the U.S. system of chemical health protections.

...The amount of triclosan in wastewater is estimated to be as much as 3 to 5 milligrams per person per day from residences alone (McAvoy 2002); in addition, substantial discharges are expected from laundries, hair salons, medical facilities, and other sites. Optimized water treatment can remove up to 95% of triclosan (Samsøe-Petersen 2003); however, EWG research confirms that some triclosan persists despite treatment and enters receiving waters (EWG/EBMUD 2007).

Studies indicate that in surface waters, triclosan can interact with sunlight and microbes to form methyl triclosan, a chemical that may bioacummulate in wildlife and humans (Adolfsson-Erici 2002; Lindstrom 2002)... Few studies have probed the toxicological effects of methyl triclosan, but a recent publication reveals that the transformation product triggers acute toxic effects in the marine bacterium Vibrio fischeri at levels significantly lower than does triclosan (Farré 2008).

Triclosan also can degrade into a form of dioxin, a class of chemicals linked to a broad range of toxicities including cancer (Lores 2005). The Canadian government limits the levels of dioxins allowed as impurities in personal care products that contain triclosan. New research shows that triclosan in tap water can react with residual chlorine from standard water disinfecting procedures to form a variety of chlorinated byproducts at low levels, including chloroform, a suspected human carcinogen (Fiss 2007).

www.ewg.org...

and last, but not least (in .pdf format)...
Consumer Antibacterial Soaps: Effective or Just Risky?

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 07:25 AM
link   
reply to post by mopusvindictus

I think I'll Stay in Bed!!

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by findlesticks

ahh bed is the safest place......... wait a second is that formaldehyde I smell on this blanket!!!

Wicked thread mopus, I am going to show a few friends this one, peace

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by vehemes terra eternus

Nooooooooooooooooooo!!!!

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 04:46 PM
link   
So you all say milk is bad for you? Why then is it that every female mammal on the planet lactate when they're nursing? I think milk must be good for mammals if the mother is producing it to feed to her babies right? maybe the thing is is that we get our milk from unhealthy cows because of the way they over milk them and milk them in very unnatural ways so just drink organic milk unless your lactose intolerant.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Bumping an old thread.
Due to everything I have been experiencing and reading as of late, I feel it's VERY IMPORTANT for more to see this thread.
You just don't realize what is lurking in your environment or how sick it can make you and your loved ones.
Be wise, be safe.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join