It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Routine rapid rising body temperature

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 01:17 AM
link   
Does anyone else experience this? Almost every single night, no matter what I am doing, I have a sudden hot flash that lasts for sometimes as much as two or three hours. Always after midnight and before daybreak. It's been happening to me for years. Awake or asleep makes no difference. Sometimes I wake up in a pool of sweat. The paint on the wall at the head of my bed in my old apartment actually blistered after a while.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 01:49 AM
link   
This sounds like a sinus condition to me. I have had periods of months, before I had surgery, where my body put out heat like a radiator. I would get migrane headaches if I did not cool myself down. I would go outside in the middle of winter without a coat and feel better, more like normal.
Whiel chugging mason jars of icewater to cool down.

I have sleep apnea to, If you snore you probably have it. The lack of oxygen and poor sleep set off the sinus condition. Thats why it's a night event. Doctors only treat one condition at a time. They are not trained to analyze multiple contributory issues. I am a professional troubleshooter.
It's what I do. We don't have the luxury of the systems dieing and going away, or finding another troubleshooter. We have to learn to handle the multple issue scenarios.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 02:11 AM
link   
Welcome to the world of the menopausal.Only joking,could be your thyroid gland,I believe that regulates temperature.Have you checked all the medic/health querie sites on the net-at least you would get some possible ideas.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Thanks for your responses. I haven't really looked into this at all, and decided to just go ahead and post the question last night when a wave of heat came over me once again, at like two in the morning I think it was.

I never would have thought that a sinus condition would do this. I have had sinus troubles for years, and used to get bad bloody noses when I was a kid.

I do snore also, but a lot of the time this happens when I am wide awake. I used to work the graveyard shift, and it still happened at the same time, not later when I would be sleeping. I too have gone out into the Winter cold without a jacket, or dropped the AC to the lowest setting and tossed off the covers.

My apartment went without heat for a time, but my girlfriend stayed warm as long as she was next to me because I was like a furnace.

Thyroid gland might also explain rapid unexplained weight gain.

Hmmm...

top topics

join