It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Suicide blasts kill 57 at Pakistan arms factory

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Suicide blasts kill 57 at Pakistan arms factory

afp.google.com

Two suicide bombers blew themselves up outside Pakistan's main military arms factory Thursday, killing 57 people and piling new pressure on the shaky coalition government to tackle militancy.

The attackers struck almost simultaneously as a crowd of workers was streaming out of the huge factory complex in the northern town of Wah, near Islamabad. It is one of the country's most sensitive installations.

The Taliban claimed responsibility for the attack, the second to rock Pakistan since Pervez Musharraf resigned as president on Monday, and warned of further blasts if army operations near the Afghan border are not stopped.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:

news.xinhuanet.com
uk.reuters.com
www.nytimes.com

[edit on 21-8-2008 by XTexan]

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Looks like things are starting to get crazy over there. I'm concerned about this blowing up into a bad situation quickly.

What are ya'lls thoughts on this?

afp.google.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 08:31 AM
link   
If Muslim's hate non-Muslim's and whish them all death, like the media want you to beleive, why would 'Islamic extreamists' blow up other Muslim's? It doesn't make sence.
I have high doubts about all these Al-Qaeda bombings that just spring up out of no where around the world.

[edit on 21-8-2008 by Nikolas]

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Nikolas

I think they blow up other Muslims because there so extreme that they can't compromise their views to get along with people. These tribes have been fighting each other for ages... That being said, Pakistan is a volatile area and everyone probably has people in the area right now...

top topics

join