It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Weather

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Has anyone else been having abnormal weather?

I ask this because this past year the weather from where I live has been really wonky. I live in the Midwest. It is August and the temperature should be pushing 100 degrees but it is only at 80. We only had one really hot week this summer. I find this rather odd. Moreover we have gotten so much rain. We had over a foot of rain than we got last year in June. It has been raining twice a week. This is just not normal. It is hot and dry here in the summer.

I don't think this is due to aliens, ufos', or anything of that nature. I am just wanting to know if other places are experiencing strange weather patterns.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 10:01 PM
link   
This summer has been a bit cooler than the past few in my corner of the planet. But you know, weather is like that, it changes. Year to year is nothing. Five or even ten years is too short of a period to suspect a trend. In some areas droughts have been known to last for years, then the weather returns to normal.

[edit on 20-8-2008 by Phage]

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by fishneedh2o

Hi fish, I believe we have an existing thread for weather stuff www.abovetopsecret.com....

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

But..but.
Fish is not talking about severe wx.
Should there be a Pleasant Weather thread?

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 10:14 PM
link   

I was going to say "it's not really severe weather".

Thanks Phage
I know in the big scheme of weather cycles of the Earth a year or two is no big deal. It is just strange when you are in the middle of it.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Where I am we've had 30 straight days at 100 or plus degrees. Yesterday we got 10 inches of rain and the temperature was in the mid to high 80s. The temperature is staying down, there is cloud cover, and thunder now. In Texas if you don't like the weather, wait a minute. It'll change.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by hypervigilant
In Texas if you don't like the weather, wait a minute. It'll change.

Hey..thats what we say about Kansas.

top topics

join