It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Americans Duped by Healthcare System

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Michael Moore's movie “Sicko” was an incredible eye opener that helped me to see the health care system from a global perspective. It forced me to ask why the richest nation on the planet ranks 37 in health care?( www.photius.com...) Why are so many other countries able to provide superior treatment for ALL its citizens, but we cannot? Why are pharmaceutical and insurance companies making astronomical fortunes by milking the poor literally to death? The obvious conclusion is that we Americans are being duped into being the cash cows of a fraudulous healthcare system so sinister it would send chills through Al Capone.

The time for change is NOW!

Together we CAN make a difference. If you haven’t seen the movie, please take the time to watch it. Then go to www.michaelmoore.com... mail your congressperson and support the National Health Insurance Act.

[edit on 18-8-2008 by apaulo]

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Why are so many other countries able to provide superior treatment for ALL its citizens, but we cannot?

Well the health system is basically a corporation looking to make money off of sick people. Other countries use higher taxes to pay for such things as health, and education.

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 06:23 PM
link   
I made a thread Here

And there seemed to be a mixed reaction, one poster seemed to have no clue and thought that having a Health Service based on taxation rather than paying huge amounts every month, only to be told what you can and can't have would make everyone worse off than they are now.

Your right about the movie Sicko, it points to all the inside manipulation to keep the sick under the control of the Drug companies and insurance agencies, i just don't see how treating someone with one type of health care differently from someone on Medicare i think its called, i don't see how that is caring about people?.

Its all about the money, all about the bloody money, how sicko is that?

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by rickrollz

Why are so many other countries able to provide superior treatment for ALL its citizens, but we cannot?

Well the health system is basically a corporation looking to make money off of sick people. Other countries use higher taxes to pay for such things as health, and education.

This question was intended to have a rhetorical flavor to it, but yeah, it is about the money.

However, MAYBE if we, like other countries, didn’t have a NASA program that as of 2009 (according to the U.S. Office of Management and Budget ) has an annual cost of roughly 20 billion dollars, we could have a decent health care system. It’s like me, as a father, going out and buying a brand new Corvette, instead of taking my daughter to see the doctor for a broken arm.
It proves to me that as a whole we are a bunch of self-centered spiritual retards.

Originally posted by azzllin
I made a thread Here

Its all about the money, all about the bloody money, how sicko is that?

VERY SICK!!!

It’s in the same category as murdering someone to collect on a life insurance policy.

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by apaulo

...This question was intended to have a rhetorical flavor to it...

Oh I know, I was just stating that in case anyone else wondered.

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 01:30 AM
link   
Rhetorical questions aside...

If people lineup the two major candidates, and press their stands on the political issues up against that of the Constitution, and STILL can muster a reason to vote for either of them...

Then I next recommend you point your fingers in their general direction, and fire away questions about the clarity of the future of health care.

One question I have is... doesn't NASA make money? I know the budget is astronomical, but does all of their science just ... enter the atmosphere, so to speak, and spread out to the scientific community for free?

I mean, isn't there a balance sheet anywhere that shows just what revenues/payables NASA reaps? Their income, worldwide, should be alright, no?

And if they are making money, how come we don't see NASA movies? OH, wait, WE HAVE??

My ACL/knee surgery cost me astronomical figures thanks to a busted medical system, just like the guy in the opening of the film Sicko. And I turn fiery RED
when I see those political money feelers feelin' their way around protecting it's people.

It's tragic.... things just refuse to change. The wheels on the bus go round n round...

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 10:20 PM
link   
I know that it is seems like nothing will change, but it is better to try than do nothing.

Please follow the instructions from my original post. It is time for the cut-throat HMO’s and greedy drug manufacturer’s reign of terror to come to an end.

top topics

join