It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Light in the sky perth austraila

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Sunday 17th aug 9.04 pm Perth time Australia. My son is on his way home as I Wright this. I just got a phone call of him stating him and his girlfriend have just seen a large white light in the sky that dropped down, burst into flames, then disappeared. There was no sound at all. Anyone else in Perth see this? In the north.

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 09:10 AM
link   
I'm in Perth but didn't see this. Whereabouts was it?

Edit: Saw you said North.... I'm south... so didnt see anything

[edit on 18-8-2008 by Total Package]

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by iammonkey

Interesting iammonkey!

Perhaps you should contact the bureau of Meteorology, Observatories and then the local airports in case there's radar confirmation? It may not bare fruit but it's a start!

I look forward to hearing more!

IRM

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 08:16 AM
link   
This is the OP's son ill say what i saw and usually i am a secptict on things like this so it was a tad strange to me, was walking home from the cinemas late at night when around to the north west there was what looked to be just a really largge star, but i noticed it was falling slowly, it began to pick up speed and lit on fire, it was at a very far distance and if i had to guess i would say just a small meteroite that wasnt even worth telling people about there was no sound. it wasnt a flare as flares dont just ignite as this did, id say it would of been veiwable from most of WA as it was so far back, no sound and havent seen anything like it before. but i will check around to see if there were any due objets close to the earths atmosphere that may of burnt up thanks.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 10:35 AM
link   
I'm in Perth as well so this interests me greatly... when it picked up speed and lit on fire did it then fly off or disappear? Was it traveling in a straight line or trajectory, or did it do a turn or maneuver?

What do your instincts tell you the object was?

Please let me know how you go, and if it is identified or not

The fact it picked up speed is intriguing as something burning up should keep a constant speed... But still the fact it did burn up makes me think it may hve been a meteor.

[edit on 20-8-2008 by PsyBreaker]

new topics

top topics

join