It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The attitude of the US empire..

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 09:30 PM
link   
From reading a huge amount of threads about the US situation, economy and upcoming power struggle, i would like to try and give a perspective to at least a few of you "free" and "patriotic" US diehards out there who only have one view on this.

This is not from an Anti American perspective, just an unbiased western view on recent US activities from a person in a country that has a huge history and unfortunately faltering relationship with your country.

It is an unfortunate but inevitable situation.

The way the US as a 'corporate' nation has carried on since the start of the Cold war has basically been a arrogant greedy grave digging party - but completely following in the footsteps of the other major AD empire before them.

Every great empire since pre AD civilization has given something great to the world before collapsing...

The Romans - Taxed civilization and controlled religion
The Spanish & Portuguese = Widespread colonization
The French = Cultural evolution
The British = Industrial revolution
The US = Franchise rights, extreme capitalism and cheap credit

All doomed to failure because of human greed!!

I just hope that not too many of you suffer in the process. As with every other empire, the people are distracted with entertainment and war as their civilization is taken apart from the inside through corruption.
The most conniving thing about the situation in the US is that the collapse is not being done through death and physical suffering at the hands of soldiers, it is being done through manipulation at the hands of the people that helped you set up your businesses and buy your home. Banks.

As with every other collapsing empire, the people will not suffer the most through pain and death... more through the loss of nationalist pride (what you call patriotism) and degradation - so unless a full scale global war is ACTUALLY on the table this time, i wouldn't worry too much.
Its basically just stabilization of global power.

The only problem is that, the way the US is carrying on at the moment, it will be spread so thin on fronts that it will be destroyed if it does not stop its aggression and manipulation of global affairs for profit.

I can honestly say that what i can see (even on widespread media, from opposite angles), the US is starting to look consistently worse and worse on a global scale. Not just from the activities of the elitists, but mainly from the attitudes of the general population (Majority of ATSer's not included).

This situation with Russia through Georgia is great, i mean, its brilliant the way Russia is being taken out of the game (NATO backup) and making them look bad on a global scale (when they were attacked by a US backed Georgia first ) . If the US invade Iraq after this, it will be the last straw for most of us 'average' Europeans, because the US activities will be like an open book at that stage. The open manipulation and hypocrisy is getting too much. Not that you can do anything about it but just realizing it would make the world of difference. I met a guy from San Francisco when i was last in Amsterdam, he was completely insane by our standards but not unlike any other US head i have ever met (cultural differences), its just that this guy realized what was going on and was not arrogant about the US situation, more of an unspoken regret.. which i have huge respect for.

Also, it would be great if more than some of you would realize that the anti Muslim idea's that are widespread throughout the US are mainly propaganda for the 'War On terror'. Yes, they dress differently, yes they pray differently, yes they have alternative (which i do not agree with) views on sexual equality and yes they are touchy about their religion when confronted about it.. but no more than Irish catholics when confronted about our religion after hundreds of years of oppression and murder over our faith. Still now, after almost 100 years of freedom, even though i am not a stereotypical practicing catholic.. if a non catholic said an nonfactual and degrading comment to me about my religion, i would knock them out. Imagine where Muslims are coming from with their dissatisfaction in how they are portrayed in your eyes and words.

I would just love if the average (i apologize for the generalization) US head would lose the 'we are the worlds greatest' attitude & the 'our army would kick anyone's ass' attitude and come back to earth for a while. It would really stand to a lot because the attitude to generalized US citizens in the EU at the moment is one of disgust and dismay.

I completely understand that you have huge justified pride in your country, but try view it from an outside perspective and for those of you that feel the need to spout incessantly about how great your country is. The higher you place yourselves in your own minds, the harder you will fall back to reality.. and it will be painful.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 10:00 PM
link   
i couldn't say it any better. I'm also sick of a country who takes pride in there own weapons and army that are sent into another country to kill humans. Just proves how cheaply they take human lives. Sure your country got attacked but taking revenge for it just proves how low your government has gotten.

[edit on 15-8-2008 by nahsik]

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by nahsik
Sure your country got attacked but taking revenge for it just proves how low your government has gotten.

You mean kinda like what Russia did in Georgia? Their troops were killed, so they invaded.

And just what is a country suppose to do when attacked? Roll over and play dead? When Germany invaded Poland, France, etc in WW2, they should have just stood their army down and not done anything?

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 10:42 PM
link   
You fail to prove a few key things, so your belief that the United States is going to fall seem to be without merit. These are, generally:

Originally posted by Dermo
The most conniving thing about the situation in the US is that the collapse is not being done through death and physical suffering at the hands of soldiers, it is being done through manipulation at the hands of the people that helped you set up your businesses and buy your home. Banks.

The only problem is that, the way the US is carrying on at the moment, it will be spread so thin on fronts that it will be destroyed if it does not stop its aggression and manipulation of global affairs for profit.

I can honestly say that what i can see (even on widespread media, from opposite angles), the US is starting to look consistently worse and worse on a global scale. Not just from the activities of the elitists, but mainly from the attitudes of the general population (Majority of ATSer's not included).

Especially that one. You're making a judgment based on anecdotal opinions, which change rapidly and vary wildly.

These are basically the only ways you remotely back the view that the U.S. will fall in the near or relatively near future. You've given them no support so far.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by nahsik
Sure your country got attacked but taking revenge for it just proves how low your government has gotten.

[edit on 15-8-2008 by nahsik]

Oh,I forgot, we're living in the pansy assed age where we were supposed to get attacked and do nothing. Right? Sorry,fella, but that just doesn't cut much grass around here, if you know what I mean.

[edit on 15-8-2008 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 01:02 AM
link   
reply to post by SpeakerofTruth

Iraq did not attack you, but the US did attack them for oil. The people of Iraq are fighting back and you call them insurgents and terrorists. I suppose they should sit back and let the Americans take control of them?

Hypocrisy once again...

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 06:56 AM
link   
Reply to 'Johnmike'

Firstly, i am trying to give you a perspective that completely eludes most of you, if you dont agree, then that is fine... but at least ponder the idea's.
I get a number of US TV channels here through which i can see the propaganda and twisted mindset that your media tries to instill in your population so i am in a position to give an educated opinion from an outside perspective.

The collapse of the US empire could be:

a) The loss of a number of wars, a severely depleted US army returns to the states to lick its wounds while the EU, Russia and China take over in worldwide meddling and manipulation.
b) The North American Union - It will not the US empire anymore, it will be an open border economic community/superstate with a different function.
c) Another economic setback in the near future which will be similar to the recent one but catastrophic because it comes in the wake of the recent problems.
d) A complete loss in confidence of the US by the rest of the Western world will hasten this fall from grace. This is already happening and this is one of the main points that i am trying to make to you.

My proof is what i am seeing and hearing on this side of the water.

In answer to my quotes with which you had problems:

1) Credit crunch & home foreclosures. The people at the very top of the banking system don't make mistakes like that and since this recent crunch they have gained even more control over your property and land. When you break it down to its bare elements, the FED... a private bank... has the power to destroy your entire economy and still make a profit from it. Almost everything that happens with your economy is as a result of their actions, so why did they allow the recent slowdown?
Simple yet effective video on the power of the Fed

What one of your founding fathers once warned against is becoming more and more evident & the institutions more powerful while leaving the people behind.

"I sincerely believe that banking establishments are more dangerous than standing armies, and that the principle of spending money to be paid by posterity, under the name of funding, is but swindling futurity on a large scale"
Thomas Jefferson

2) Meddling: Ie. The attacks by Georgia on Russia which were a play by the US to take Russia out of the Game. The US is Georgia's biggest ally, there is absolutely no way that the Georgia would have attacked Russian soldiers with US weapons in S Ossettia without US backing of some kind. Russia's response is one any nation would make but as soon as it was in full swing, the US leaders were all over the media condemning Russia through comical hypocrisy. Now, because the UN and NATO are clamping down on Russia, the US is free to do what it wants in Iran. This is so clear from the view i have of these events, while the US media is covering up a lot of stories that are reported here.

Spread too thin: Ie. Fighting against half the middle east could completely ruin the US army and change the balance of power. Iran is not as fallible as Iraq and if russia does end up getting involved.. we will just have to hope it doesn't escalate too far. Whatever the outcome, i cannot see the US being the same if this looming war comes to pass. Its economy is already suffering and almost bankrupt. I suppose, with the NAU coming in, it doesn't matter too much.

3)

Especially that one. You're making a judgment based on anecdotal opinions, which change rapidly and vary wildly.

Explain what you mean.
I was trying to push the point that the general US citizen is starting to bear the brunt of the Elitists behavior because of your support of their obvious corruption. Feelings toward Americans is at an all time low in Europe because of the brainwashed attitudes and commercially constructed opinions of majority of Americans.

new topics

top topics

join