It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The US isnt alone in condemning Russia

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Dont forget that the US is not alone in criticizing Russia for this invasion of a Democratic country.
These arent the only nations condemning Russia but they are a few of the major players in the political/economical world.

England
France
Germany
USA

Germany and France? whens the last time theyve sided with the US on anything?

China's being quiet, busy with the Olympics I guess.

India, not sure

Japan, not sure but considering its Russia im sure we could include them in the list.

Australia, who knows

Israel, lol do I even need to say?

Mexico, who cares.

Well, you get the point.

[edit on 8/15/2008 by Kr0n0s]

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 01:57 PM
link   
and what does this have anything to do with truth and lie, right and wrong?

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by zhangxi0183

Since you replied like you did, I assume you are one of the whiners that I referred to, so Ill explain my point very basically so you can understand it.

In every thread I've seen regarding Russia's aggression in Georgia, ive seen people whine and complain that this is the US's fault and the US needs to quit interfering because Russia is in the RIGHT and the US is in the WRONG.

So, I wanted to make a simple, easy to read post (for people like you) pointing out that the US isnt alone and its not just England thats with us, its also countries that havent sided with the US on things of this nature in the recent past.

So, Im basically asking this..
Where is the outCRY (whining)against Germany, France and England for NOT siding with Russia on this issue?

Im sure your in a position where you know what the truths and lies are.. Right?

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by zhangxi0183

and what does this have anything to do with truth and lie, right and wrong?

It has everything to do with international relationships that indeed do not care for truth/lie/right/wrong but care about agreements, threats, benefits. Big happy pool of sharks that are acting by certain, bendable and unjust, but still rules.
So far i heard those countries taking Russian side: Cuba, Venezuela. Out of all this rock only those two countries - that are very far from Russian borders with ocean in between - thought that they should side with Russia. Even biggest Russian ally in the ex-USSR world - Belorussia - is silent. So what Russia did was against those rules,regulations,agreements of our political kinder-garden. Russia could in reality be thinking only about Osetian civilians plight (i highly doubt it though) and Russian media can be telling the truth about the conflict (2000 dead, leveled Tshinvali - nowhere to be seen) - it will not matter if they did something that goes against world politics. Sharks do not want to be eaten, after all.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Ever since France got their new President, they`ve warmed up to the U.S. greatly. France is participating in the upcoming naval blockade of Iran.

The countries you listed are all EU, and the EU is America`s puppet

Saying that they condemn Russia is like saying Israel condemns Russia... It`s something we all easily predicted (or at least I did too, it`s not like its ground breaking news :@@

And I wasn`t aware that there was an outcry for the U.S. to side with Russia... why would they, the Cold War has resumed from its 15 year break, expect a lot more of these little conflicts between East vs West because thats essentially where were at.

If you aren`t aware`, theres lines being drawn in the sand all over the world.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 03:13 PM
link   
All countries barring ones with insane leaders fight wars for economic reasons, money.

The war in Georgia, Iraq, Afghanistan, and the war on terror are all the same in this respect.

The leaders of a country get out their linear programming charts, statistical decision theories, minimax solution and compute the price/cost probabilities of war. They then wage war against countries where the aggressor nation is likely to maximize profits for its corporations and banks and minimize losses to those institutions of things don't go well.

Freedom, democracy, WMD, terrorism, these things are PR bull# for public consumption because the public cannot stomach and would not stand for wars waged for outright economic gain.

That said, I am quite disgusted by the coverage of the Russia/Georgia/South Ossetia conflict. The coverage has been heavily critical of Russia's motivations (pipelines, NATO), almost always leaves out Georgia's role in this flare up, and consistently quotes those critical of Russia (President, candidates running, Georgian President).

The reporting was completely different on Iraq and Afghanistan. The only criticism of the U.S. in those wars came from very left news organizations not Yahoo News or AP.

When some of the largest corporations in the world own major media companies, like JP Morgan founded General Electric's NBC, CNBC, MSNBC who knows what # will be peddled for truth.

I encourage everyone to shut off your televisions, shut them off right now, and cancel your cable and satellite subscriptions.

Television is the most awesome goddamn propaganda force in the whole godless world.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 03:15 PM
link   
England? really im getting sick and tired of ignorant people calling the Uk england....Anyway who cares they are all corrupt and wrong.I back russia 100% in this conflict.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lethil
England? really im getting sick and tired of ignorant people calling the Uk england....Anyway who cares they are all corrupt and wrong.I back russia 100% in this conflict.

You want to get picky about the proper use of a nations name on a thread about a war with Russia and Georgia and youre calling me ignorant?

Unless you have a valid point to make about the topic of this thread, take your whining somewhere else.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 07:42 PM
link   
if the opposite happens,say a minority state in russia wants indepedence from russia,those countries will surely support that state.russia is a powerful country and wont be humiliated.russia now is being polite because the country cares about its internatioanl image,but dont take this as weakness.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Stop the sensless bickering.

Now

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 09:25 PM
link   
HiThere,

...the US isnt alone and its not just England thats with us...

You need to understand that simply because an un-elected pillock masquerading as a 'elected' Prime Minister here in England, states a few soundbites that he is told to say by his American master, does not actually mean...'the whole of England is sharing in the same opinion'. In fact no one in the 'stolen' echelons of political Britain speaks for the whole of Britain. They are so far out of touch with the general population that we can consider ourselves 'occupied' by a possessing political ineptness bordering on incredible stupidity.

No doubt there will be people whom have an opinion against the actions of Russia, but equally they will be matched by others whom were/are against the rash actions of the Georgians. Most, I will presume, do not care either way, that is, until such conflicts actually affect them directly.

Ossetia is independent from both Russia and Georgia, but more politically aligned to Russia. It was the Georgian's whom started the conflict, and I cannot accept that they did so ignorant of the fact that Russia would get involved. That Georgia started the conflict makes me suspicious of how they perceived whatever aid may come to them...what were they initally advised, even though it has been stated that they acted unilaterally. Behind all this there's some other machination unfolding against Russia. There seems to be a steering of deceptions being made to undermine the world's perceiving of Russia. Quite simply, this is a perilous course to be undertaking by whomever/whatever.

Best wishes

[edit on 15/8/08 by elysiumfire]

[edit on 15/8/08 by elysiumfire]

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by elysiumfire

The only reason that I mentioned England the way that I did is because everyone has the perception that they would ally with us no matter what.
I was saying, "look, it isnt just England thats with us, as usual, there are others with us too"
My main point was to state that two country's that havent really agreed with us in the recent past are agreeing with us on this issue, Germany and France.

I realize that Englands PM would go to hell with the US if they asked him to, whether England is a US lapdog or if theyre just damn good allies, (which is what i think) that wasnt the point i was trying to make.

Its just irritating to read, in every single thread on this topic, that its the US fault and most of the world is in agreement with Russias version, when thats NOT the case.
Thanks for the post though

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 12:12 AM
link   
The fact that they are not alone does not justify their view. Georgia instigated by going where it wasn't supposed to go, invading, and commensing ethnic cleansing. Russia, as any other nation in the same situation, though not angels, had no choice but to step in. Georgia seems to be working for nwo agenda right now. End of story for me.

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 05:01 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Despite what you may think, the press in the UK have pointed out repeatedly that the Georgians started this. They have then gone on to present a fairly unbiased account of the ensuing Russian response and Georgian actions.

The politicians, however seem to be in some cold war daze.

Between their chest thumping rhetoric and absolute and total utter hypocrisy in condeming Russia for defending its citizens 5 years after invading Iraq and deposing its government theres a lot of credibility being lost.

Yes, the Russians may have been disproportionate in their response, but to condemn them after Iraq is just crassly hypocritical. Some of the stuff the right wing politico's in the US are coming out with is absurd.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

[edit on 16/0808/08 by neformore]

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 05:03 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

You need to understand that simply because an un-elected pillock masquerading as a 'elected' Prime Minister here in England, states a few soundbites that he is told to say by his American master, does not actually mean...'the whole of England is sharing in the same opinion'.

In Britain we vote for a party, not an individual.

Brown is the Leader of the Party that was elected into power, and as such he is as valid a Prime Minister as anyone else has been.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

[edit on 16/0808/08 by neformore]

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 06:46 AM
link   
I'm wondering why did Georgia invade the disputed area? Did they expect Russia wasn't going to respond with military force? Or is there possibly some truth to the rumour that the US has been attempting to play chess with Russia by distracting them while a fleet is sent to the Persian Gulf and Israel gets ready to make the next move in about a month or so? I have too many questions to condemn Russia too much since I really do not know what is going on. If Georgia was supposed to be a distraction to keep Russia's concern away from Iran in a possible future attack, it appears to not be working too well in my opinion.

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Hi There,

In Britain we vote for a party, not an individual.

No we don't! We vote for local people whom belong to a particular party on the basis of their political manifesto. We look to vote for the person whose views match or are similar to our own. Sadly, such similarity is merely a mask to seek votes. Once elected they tend to follow the global corporate hegemony

Brown was never sanctioned by the people of Britain to become Prime Minister...he was never even the Deputy Prime Minister. It is the way the political system works, to maintain power without resorting to general elections. Labour will be thrown out at the next one...crushingly so, but it is all a game...played out for the benefit of our delusion into democracy. The next manager of Britain FC has already been picked, and is already toeing the global corporate line by pledging support to Georgia. The whole political system is a total farce!

Best wishes

new topics

top topics

join