It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Small Request/Suggestion

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Nothing too serious here; just a minor pet peeve.

Personally, to keep up with the board, I use the "Recent Posts" page quite often. One thing that's always bugged me is that the "Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4" links are only at the top of the Recent Posts page.

After working one's way down to the bottom of the list of threads one must scroll all the way back to the top in order to switch to the next page. Threads themselves have the ">" links at the bottom of the page. Could this feature be implemented on the Recent Posts page as well?

As I said, nothing to serious, but it would be nice to see the addition for mere convenience.

Has this ever bugged anyone else, or am I alone on this one?

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Hey, thanks for this thread. I was just about to begin one myself regarding the "recent posts". I'm angry at the fact that the "recent posts" pages do not show posts in order when I want to see what has been posted during the time I was gone. Also when you return to the "recent posts" pages it mixes up the order of the posts so you have to start from page 1 and look through every post title to see what you missed. I hope I'm not alone on this so that we can request changes that will ultimately benefit ATS and it's members.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 10:44 PM
link   
If you scroll down just a little more below the list of recent threads you'll see links that include one that says "top".

ATS site home
ATS board home
site map
terms & conditions
privacy policy
contact
about AboveTopSecret
archive

One click and you're back at the top of the page.

Hope that helps a little........

[edit on 14/8/2008 by anxietydisorder]

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by irevolution

Not sure what you're saying here. Recent Posts does show threads in order. It lists them starting with the most recently replied to thread, and works its way back.

reply to post by anxietydisorder

Thanks for the tip.

I guess I never noticed the "top" hiding amongst the links down there. Still, I think it'd be nice to have the actual page links much like in the threads themselves.

Thanks again.

[edit on 8/14/08 by redmage]

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 01:48 AM
link   
reply to post by redmage

What I was trying to say was in the "recent posts" page it doesn't show the most recent thread that was started. For example let's say that I opened a thread about ufos and then you opened a thread about politics. I would like to see your thread title on top of mine like so:

politics - thread by redmage
ufos - thread by irevolution

and so on. I don't want to see the most replied to thread title on the top of the page, just the newest. Do I make sense now? I would really appreciate help on this because I am frustrated scanning every title to see what new thread I missed while I was gone. Thanks for any help you can give me.

[edit on 15-8-2008 by irevolution]

top topics

join