It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Georgia a new twist

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Let me preface this by saying my wife is Russian and when the Russia Georiga incident started to occur I asked her what she thought was going on. She just sort of shrugged and said its Georgia fighting with another country not Russia. Where she is from in Russia Georgians are not held in high regard. Well after a few days of this (she can be stubborn) she finally caught some if what was going on in the news. She called some familly in Russia and they had no idea what was happening. She pulled up a few Russian news sites and I know I will get flamed for not getting the link but here is an even scarrier part.

She found no mention of Russia being involved with the conflict. It is only between Georgia and Abkhazia. The article went on to say that the US in a joint venture with Georgia created and used the Avian Bird flu as a biological weapon against Abkhazia. The biological weapon was created in a secret labratory in the Pentagon. At a cost of 95 million dollars.

Now this was all off of a Russian news website and it was not Pravda. We both thought it was instane the two completly different stories going on. Has anyone heard of this. The article was in Cyrilic and I cant read it so it was all a rough translation from my wife.

Thanks for your time and opinions

[edit on 14-8-2008 by drift393]

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by drift393

Sounds like with the Russian control of media now at an absolute stranglehold, basically turning media into their propaganda machine. Maybe there needs to be a re-awakening of radio free europe; except aimed mainly at the Russian Federation.
On another note, the Russian media story is obviously wrong, (not sure about the west nile virus part tho) but, I wonder, how much truth is there in what our media is reporting? What is the true story and where can that be found???

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Yes that was one of the things that made me and my wife scratching our heads. The two versions about what is going on were completly different. I tried sending her a text asking what the website is. She is at school atm and she said she thought it was lifetime or some such name. I will try and get the link for sure tonight and post it up.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 12:18 PM
link   
I don' t know what web sites you and your wife perused regarding the Russia/Georgia conflict, but since the incident first was reported here in the US I went online and immediately got the story from the Russian point of view in English on numerous web sites and news agencies in Russia. For you and any others that are interested:

RIA Novosti (The Russian Information Agency est. 1941)
en.rian.ru

Russia Today (global satellite news TV; think CNN but from Moscow est.2005)
www.RussiaToday.ru

The Moscow Times (small circulation >50,000 that is commonly found in tourist/travel areas and businesses est. 1992)
www.themoscowtimes.com

Pravda (After the original disbanded in 1991 this evolved through the work of former employees of the iconic original c.1999)
english.pravda.ru

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by drift393

What I know is that Georgia was very authoritarian and there were a bunch of demonstrations to change the government. There are also two autonomous regions that Georgia wants to control that have large Russian populations. Russia claims Georgia attacked one of the autonomous regions, and Russia was obliged to "help". Whether Russia or Georgia moved first is in question.

I do find it interesting our administration (and McCain) is condemning Russia for invading a sovereign nation. They do seem to have such short memories about going into Iraq unprovoked.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by drift393
I will try and get the link for sure tonight and post it up.

Any update on this story?

Seems to be a cliffhanger here,

I need to know what's on the next page....

Please don't keep me waiting

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 06:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by drift393
...I will try and get the link for sure tonight and post it up.

...and waiting... ...and waiting... ...and wa

-v

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 10:12 AM
link   
My apologies got caught up in one of those weekends where things didnt seem to go right at all. Will hopefully get the wife to show me where she had found it.

new topics

top topics

join